autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I matching LC vs. Edge CC pads correctly?

Don't know Edge pads that well but want to buy some tonight. Just want to make sure I have this right in terms of aggressiveness.

Lake Country vs. Edge Cross Cut
    Orange = Yellow
    White = Green
    Grey = Blue
    Blue = White

Thanks,
    Howard

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I matching LC vs. Edge CC pads correctly?

correct .... missed one.

yellow = black (super abrasive)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan View Post
    Don't know Edge pads that well but want to buy some tonight. Just want to make sure I have this right in terms of aggressiveness.

Lake Country vs. Edge Cross Cut
    Orange = Yellow
    White = Green
    Grey = Blue
    Blue = White

Thanks,
    Howard
    Hi,

Which brand is the best workout or easy to achieve better finishing? Lake Country or Edge?

Thanks,
    Justin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hi,

Which brand is the best workout or easy to achieve better finishing? Lake Country or Edge?

Thanks,
    Justin
    Both are very good and which is better could be argued all day long. Me personally, I have been using Lake Country for cutting (paint correction with a compound polish and an aggressive pad like the orange foam pad or the Purple Foamed Wool Pad) and for polishing (using a finish polish with a polishing pad then a finishing pad). On a on going basis, I plan to still buy the Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool pads (love them, can't find anything that cuts as well as them and finishes as clean as them) but I think I am going to switch over to Edge for polishing.

My reason for switching over to Edge is more for simplicity than me believing they are better. Not having to use a backing plate will be nice even though I will need to spend $20 or $30 for an adapter. Also, not having a backing plate will eliminate the risk of scuffing a spoiler/side mirror/molding or other part of the car that is at risk for being scuffed with a backing plate. Yes I have been there. Thank heavens for good touch up paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    Both are very good and which is better could be argued all day long. Me personally, I have been using Lake Country for cutting (paint correction with a compound polish and an aggressive pad like the orange foam pad or the Purple Foamed Wool Pad) and for polishing (using a finish polish with a polishing pad then a finishing pad). On a on going basis, I plan to still buy the Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool pads (love them, can't find anything that cuts as well as them and finishes as clean as them) but I think I am going to switch over to Edge for polishing.

My reason for switching over to Edge is more for simplicity than me believing they are better. Not having to use a backing plate will be nice even though I will need to spend $20 or $30 for an adapter. Also, not having a backing plate will eliminate the risk of scuffing a spoiler/side mirror/molding or other part of the car that is at risk for being scuffed with a backing plate. Yes I have been there. Thank heavens for good touch up paint.
    Hi,

Thank for your reply. I think i must try it out myself between the 2 products