autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation DP Max Wax, PB's Natty blue

There are still two paste waxes that AG sells, that I did not try - DP Max Wax, and Natty's Blue. Are these good waxes? Easy application, depth of liquid shine, longetivity? Will they safisfy my needs? How are they compared to each other?
    I'm already using Pinnacle Souveran paste and Signature Series ll. I love both, souveran a little better for it's soaking wet finish...

So back to the point, should I try them?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Natty's Blue is a great wax, really unbeatable for the money. I find it and Souveran to look similar with slight differences, actually on a friends black M5 NB looked a little more wet/deep while Souv was a little more glowy/warm. NB has good durability as well, I have two coats of EX-P and two coats of NB done back in April (though I have a slight coating of AquaWax topping right now to try). But even before that the truck still looked pretty much almost like when I first did it even with all the rain.

Haven't used DP Max Wax but from the pics it looks great. And those that have used it said it applies like Souveran so it's definitley one of the easiest to apply/remove then. Also seems that DP Max Wax gives a nice wet and reflective finish without really muting flake like most nubas. One of our cars is silver and NB is wet and deep (for silver) but mutes some of the flake, but I like that look.

You already have Souveran and Signature. Might as well give NB a try for the $. Hell, pick them both up
    The real WyStang:

Super Member Driven Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have both Natty's Blue & DP Max Wax. I purchased Natty's a couple months before the Max Wax. I think Natty's is great. It goes on pretty easy and comes off pretty easy. It leaves behind a good shine. Best of all, it has a great scent to it.

About a month ago, I purchased a thing of Max Wax. I have to tell ya that, I really liked Natty's, but Max Wax is by far my new favorite. I have never used Souveran, so I can't compare it to that. However, I can confirm that it truely does go on like butter and it's the easiest wax I've ever buffed off. I barely put any pressure on my MF towel. It just comes right off. It leaaves behind a deep wet look.

Max Wax is more money than Natty's, but in my eyes it's well worth it. I still like Natty's, but I don't know how often I'll use it now that I have Max Wax. Max Wax is just unbelievable. If you can't tell, I love the stuff.

Again, Natty's is good, but Max Wax is GREAT!!!
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like
    Both are great waxes. NB is said to be a little more durable and produces a deep wet look but a little harder(still easy though) to remove and Max Wax is super easy to use(similar to Souveran) and produces a very nice gloss as well. Both are VERY good and if it's a money thing, wait for the Max Wax to go on sale again. It was 1/2 price a little while ago! NB smells like bubble gum(at least that's what I think).

Super Member Driven Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine on sale...talk about a great deal ($20).

Yes, Natty's is a great bubble gum scent.
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the postings so far. I've used them both and here are my impressions:

NB - excels on dark colors, easy application and removal.

Max Wax - excels on any color, is very clear. About the easiest on & off I've ever experienced. Enhances whatever you want the sealant underneath it to do, for example, if you have EX-P or UPP for brightness and flake popping, MW adds another dimension, retains the brightness and ehances the flakes. If over WG to darken the color, the rich flavoring of WG is, well, just yummy.

Durability? Don't know as I never left them alone long enough to tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW
    . the rich flavoring of WG is, well, just yummy.

Durability? Don't know as I never left them alone long enough to tell.
    lmao....yeah, I can see that I'll never see just how durable any product is.....unless it's under a week!! Trying too many things!!

[quote=JeffW]. the rich flavoring of WG is, well, just yummy.

Another thing.......I've never tasted WGlol

J/K Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    You have both Souverans, so I would wait to try Max until the next sale, it is really good, but since you have the Souv you won't need it. The NB will fill the gap on solid colors (yes, I find it to dull flake) for a quality wax, deepens color, and is fairly durable. NB is worth it for the smell.
    I serve society by ROCKING!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dengood1]lmao....yeah, I can see that I'll never see just how durable any product is.....unless it's under a week!! Trying too many things!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW
    . the rich flavoring of WG is, well, just yummy.

Another thing.......I've never tasted WGlol

J/K Jeff
    LOL... Yummy to the eyes!

Post Thanks / Like
    DP Max Wax, and Natty's Blue. How are they compared to each other?
    I would like to see a Max Wax Vs Natty Blue post from someone who has tried both. I think that would be a good read.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast