autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: P21s

Post Thanks / Like

P21s

My girlfriend works a store that carries P21S.i was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between the concours wax & 100% carnauba wax?also do u need to use paintwork cleansing lotion prior to applying the wax??does it stain trim??
    Last edited by 94LT1; 06-13-2008 at 11:21 PM.
    Just the weekend hobbyist

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P21s

So far I am liking P21S 100% better than the original P21s. IMO there is a visible difference and most likely durability as well, but it is too early for me to tell with the 100%. You don't need the cleansing lotion but it will help prepare the surface for the wax, it adds something to the finish but isn't needed if you prep it properly otherwise. Neither stain trim ... wipe on, wipe off. Simple simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    So far I am liking P21S 100% better than the original P21s. IMO there is a visible difference and most likely durability as well, but it is too early for me to tell with the 100%. You don't need the cleansing lotion but it will help prepare the surface for the wax, it adds something to the finish but isn't needed if you prep it properly otherwise. Neither stain trim ... wipe on, wipe off. Simple simple.
    well currently i have KAIO.but i plan to either use KAIO or in the near future Poli-seal.would either of those be enough prep?

Post Thanks / Like

KAIO should be enough. It has a HD cleaner in it.
    Well .... lets just say that a new Ferrari 430 Spyder was delivered to me last week. In that week I would have drove it by all those previous girlfriends who said I would never make it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 94LT1 View Post
    well currently i have KAIO.but i plan to either use KAIO or in the near future Poli-seal.would either of those be enough prep?
    You can use KAIO before any wax or sealant on the market to strip the paint and prepare it for LSPing (also no wait time for KAIO). PS should be let to cure 12hrs before being topped with anything.

Post Thanks / Like

the P21S Paint Cleansing Lotion is a great product and is a chemical cleaner like Pinnacles Paintwork Lotion. Best used when polishing is not needed and offers some very light filling.

The new 100% wax looks better and likely you will see similar durability. The original product is high in beeswax and Montan wax and they do nothing for paint care specifically, just make really nice small beads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    You can use KAIO before any wax or sealant on the market to strip the paint and prepare it for LSPing (also no wait time for KAIO). PS should be let to cure 12hrs before being topped with anything.
    i was under the impression that PS was a polish.i didnt no it was a polish and sealant?should i use KAIO as a wipe on wipe off or should i let it sit for a little while then remove after i finish the car??
    Last edited by 94LT1; 06-14-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i was under the impression that PS was a polish.i didnt no it was a polish and sealant?
    Assuming "PS" = P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (which has no "S" initial, jeez you guys and your acronyms) it isn't really either. It has light polishing agents, but it's more of a chemical cleaner.

Besides this thread, I can't find another source which suggests that it needs time to cure. P21S and every other source indicates that the surface is prepped for LSP as soon as P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottburton11 View Post
    Assuming "PS" = P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (which has no "S" initial, jeez you guys and your acronyms) it isn't really either. It has light polishing agents, but it's more of a chemical cleaner.

Besides this thread, I can't find another source which suggests that it needs time to cure. P21S and every other source indicates that the surface is prepped for LSP as soon as P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is removed.
    No PS stands for optimum poli-seal.i no P21S is a paint cleaner simulars to Klasses All-IN-One(KAIO) and its supposed to prepard the paint for LSP which u said.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No PS stands for optimum poli-seal.
    Ah, mystery solved!

-edit- ah and for what its worth, PolySeal is similar to AIO in that it's a light polish, chem cleaner and sealant =)
    Last edited by scottburton11; 06-14-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast