autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Repair Scratched Glass

Hello All – I’ve percolated another question. I’ve been looking perusing the vast offerings of Autogeek products, and while reading about glass repair, I remembered that I have a sliding glass door that is full of tiny scratches from a previous owner’s dog. OK, I’ll admit it; I obsess about it every time I walk by the door (just too cheap to buy a new one).

Have any of you used any auto detailing products for such a task? If so, which products were the most successful? Would Menz 106ff topped off with a sealant be overkill and cause more problems than it’s worth?
    2011 Tahoe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Repair Scratched Glass

Quite awhile ago I talked with a glass guy and they use the same criteria that we do for paint. If you can catch your fingernail on a scratch then it probably can't be removed without changing the optics or integrity if the glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Repair Scratched Glass

Jimmie - Thanks for replying! I tried the Menz 106ff (with the free 5.5 orange pad and my flex 3401) on my glass door, and love the results! There were a few deep scratches, and based on your advice, figured I would not apply more pressure on them than the smaller scratches.

As a matter of fact, the smaller scratches weren't completely removed, because I didn't want to apply more than 2 applications of the polish. Even though they weren't removed, I really have to get close to see them, and the larger scratches don't catch my attention like they did. Now, I can see the dirt on the floor reflecting in the glass (one task at a time). Quite frankly, I'm just glad it didn't mess up the door. I don't think my wife would have let me hear the end of that one. I swear I heard her say under her breathe "at least now we'll get a new door."

<evil laugh> Not today </evil laugh>
    2011 Tahoe