autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Need opinions

Hey guys, I need your opinion on my situation. About a month ago, a construction company cleaned out their cement truck right beside my '92 mustang convertible. It was really windy that day, so basically they covered my car with cement. Then they tried to hide their goof up by rubbing it in, well you can imagine what that does to paint. A witness turned them in, and we got a police report. It took probably at least 5 hours to clean the mess, I cleaned and treated the white vinyl convertible top. I was mostly concerned with the top to begin with. After I first washed the car, it left an oily film on everything. The black trim around the windows looks as if it is stained, I just repainted all the trim last summer. Since I do a little detailing, I gave the construction company a quick estimate for the cleaning. They wont except it, and told me to get an estimate from a detail business or body shop. So, I got one today and it was about $120 to start out with for a full exterior detail. And they told me to go to a body shop to get another estimate. I am planning on the body shop inspecting it next week. Anyhow, what would you guys charge for something like this? Its basically an "emergency" cleaning. I have been told the stuff they use to clean out their cement trucks is very corrosive and toxic. Basically, what I did with my car was: Hand washed it twice, Cleaned and Detailed the wheels and tires, Cleaned the top 3 times with conv. top cleaner and applied the protectant, Cleaned the windows, also I still need to clay bar and buff the paint. Also there is a possibility that all the black trim needs repainted. Any advice on pricing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need opinions

thats a tough call... i would call a local, experianced detailer and get a quote from him... then use that

if the company denies that, law suit might be in order...
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry my first post was so long, but I had alot to say.
    The company keeps screwin around too, I told them the cleaning would be atleast $100. But they did not agree to that. I am sure the body shop would be alot higher. Especially if there is any repainting involved. They want more estimates, so thats what I'll do.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like an unscrupulous company you're dealing with; you need to sue them.

Post Thanks / Like

dude, have Paul Dalton give an estimate on this. He is the MOST expensivest detailer in the world. Just tell him you want his 61-step car wash. Then have them pay the bill. It will be at least 5,000 GBP (10,000 USD). That will teach them a lesson once and for all. And I'm trully serious about this, as you can choose any body shop/licenced detailer. Then post some pictures.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)