autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Some advice on a compound and some stain removal please!!!!

My 06 Rav4 is black and shows every scratch and swirl like a champ. I ordered Optimum compound and polish along with some pads when my UDM was ordered last year. Found upon using those products that they are definetely designed for a rotary. They refuse to dust and breakdown no matter how little I use or seemingly how long I try and buff the product. Learned that lesson and obtained XMT intermediate swirl remover and their #1 polish. Way better results with the orbital polisher with these. However, even with the yellow CCS pad the swirl remover won't touch the scratches. What product should I try on this? Pinnacle would be preferred. Is my yellow pad aggressive enough? Second question. Neighbour borrowed his friends truck and got white lithium grease on the passenger seat. Green fabric with what shows up now as like one of those oil stains like on the bottom of a pizza box. No colour change involved it just looks like its permanently wet in those two little spots. Any hints on removal of these spots?

Thanks, Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some advice on a compound and some stain removal please!!!!

No luck with OC? That's too bad... I was thinking about trying it soon with my UDM.

What was the sign that it was not breaking down properly? Most people here say that it doesn't dust. So what are your other indicators?

I've used XMT3 with similar results as you. It's great on swirls, even bad ones, but doesn't touch scratches, so I took the plunge and tried XMT4. Love it. Took multiple passes with a LC orange pad, but I was pleased in the end. Mind you it won't take out anything you can catch a nail on, that's too much to ask, but it smoothed out some 2000 grit wetsand marks pretty well. It was also much less scary than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to rip my paint off or something. It actually finishes down nice and doesn't *seem* to remove a lot of paint. It was also nicer to work with than XMT3 in terms of work time and dusting.

Good luck with the green fabric.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say the lack of dusting and no real hazing in a reasonable amount of time to be the reasons I would say it isn't breaking down like the XMT line. I will have to try the #4 I guess.

Thanks, Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

yellow LC pads are most abrasive, I use orange at maximum. Sounds like Menzerna SIP would have been a better polishing choice.

Folex and Wolfgang Spot Remover are nice interior cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

I just spent over a hour on one scratch. I used intesive polish with a ccs white pad (thats the most aggresive i have) and it is still not completely gone. The thing that is makes me more mad is that I bought my suburban a week ago! Should I order powergloss? Other recommendations?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

try the optimum with a rotary polisher it works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Wetsanding + SIP on orbital ?

Only if you know what you are doing. But SIP + Orbital will remove the wetsanding marks.
    C200 CDI
    ML63 AMG
    S55 AMG Long
    SL55 AMG
    Yamaha R6
    Yamaha R1

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have never used an orbital to remove wet sanding marks only to apply wax seems to me that it will take a very long time using an orbital to remove any wet sanding marks also I have not tried sip is that a menzerna polish?
    Last edited by THE DETAIL DEN; 05-16-2008 at 08:03 PM.