autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need some ideas on removing some type of...

Paint type stuff from my mother in-laws Lexus. She says it came from a construction work area. The way she described it as a type of power used to give intimation brick it's red color? Apparently stucco is used to make a brick look a like on the side of building then a red power coat is used to give it the red brick look. It got on the front end of the car and now I can't get it off. She said the first day it had a candle wax like feel that would smear around. Then she let it sit and it's hard as a rock now. I tried Mothers Clay bar (she had some) and it did nothing. PB bug squash with the Pinnacle bug sponge did zip. I can't even get it off using my uber strong thumb nail. She's taking it to 2 dealerships to have it detailed (my stomach turned) then told me she went through a car wash to see what would happen (threw up a little in my mouth). The cars a mess with red globs on the front end, I was able to get 1 good picture of it

I started attacking the paint to fix it but only got to do half the hood as storms approached quickly and had to rap it up fast (UDM+SIP+WG Lowpro orange pad=awesome)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some ideas on removing some type of...

it looks like an abrasive polish might be needed, or light wet-sanding as last resort. Did you try a paint cleanser like Pinnacle or P21S if on hand. Also, Pepboys sells 3M Wax and Adhesive Remover, might be another shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I hit them with SIP and the WG light cutting pad and it did nothing. When the weather improved today or tomorrow I'll hit up Pepboys.

Post Thanks / Like

That stucco crap is pretty hard to get off. It's basically a type of cement. So I'd look up how to remove cement, and start from there. I'd think it's probably damaged the clear coat at this point too. Good luck man!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear your moms car. Unfortunately many stucco products are made with lime and cementious chemicals to make it harden quickly. These products must be removed as soon as possible or it will eat its way thru any painted product. Hope its not to late. Call any concrete company and ask what can be used to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Killrwheels about careful light wet sanding as a posible last resort. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out. I really feel for you, thats my worst nightmare.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info folks, the weather keeps threating to rain off and on all day today . I don't think I'm going to have a chance to really attack it with the weather as unstable as it is today. detailgod thanks for the link some real good info in there.