autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newb Help With KAIO On Plastic

Hi All!
    I have received my Forum Favourite kit to use on my new car but have a couple of queries.
    On most of the Klasse "How-To"s I've read it says that both the AIO & the SG can be used on all non-porous surfaces. I take this to mean everything outside the car that's not rubber(?) But on the sheet that came with the kit it states that SG is for painted surfaces only.
    Does that mean I should use AIO on glass, wheels & plastic but forgo the SG on these bits? Will the AIO give enough UV protection by itself (I'm in Australia)? Obviously I will be using the Souveran on the paintwork but assumed it would not be durable enough to use on wheels etc. I get brake dust within 1 day and I really want something that will make the weekly wheel wash easy.
    Thanks for your help. I am itching to detail the car (just waiting for the clay to arrive).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newb Help With KAIO On Plastic

I have used it on plastic (overlapping the paint) without issue nor any white residue. I would not however use on rubber surrounds and weatherstripping specifically. It works great on wheels too.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much, killr. Seeing the car is new, do I need to use AIO on the plastic & wheels before SG or can I just wash &go straight to the SG?

Post Thanks / Like

SG ?? If you are speaking of the Klasse Sealant (silver can) , you could but AIO leaves a nice base on painted surfaces specifically. Klasse Sealant is quite finicky, I highly suggest a small travel size spray bottle and 1-2 spritzes per panel max. Then immediately buff on and off (WOWO method). Allow 8-12 hours to cure properly as possible.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - Yes I did mean the Klasse Sealant Glaze. I'll definitely try your spritz WOWO method; thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

i thought KAIO wouldnt stain trim
    Just the weekend hobbyist

Post Thanks / Like

Have used KAIO on all materials, but HGSG on painted metal and hard plastics only with no problems. It'll take about four or five sessions to acquire the best application technique, but it likely will be as killrwheels says. You just have to get used to the process. Also there are about four or five contradictions included with the printed instructions for Klass, e.g. type of applicator, wet or damp, curing time, et cetera. Just read the threads for a good idea of what to expect. And pay special attention to killlr's notes.