autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Done with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

Just venting out here . I just did a " 3 year ceramic coating" on my 2019 Audi sportback , no my first ceramic coating , but my second one with Gyeon products. I went through the whole process , acidic wash , iron remover, clay , polish , and eraser to finish off. I had previously put on Gyeon Pure evo on this same Audi and after a week I had to re-polish the hood area because the water spots were not coming off . Also the ceramic coating itself " failed" after 6 months , it was hydrophobic at first but after a while it was mehh . It was removed from my car after a year. I spend the winter playing around with waxes and sealants without any issues .
    I had used car pro essence as a polish on my first installation of Gyeon pure , so I thought maybe the protection left behind by essence was not compatible with Gyeon pure . This time around I decided to put Gyeon Mohs on my Audi , also I used car pro reflect that leaves not protection behind to prevent any interactions issues between the two brands
    The coating process itself was a breeze, the products goes on easy , flashes quite fast ( 30 seconds @ 20 degrees Celsius) and the removal is quite easy , very slick for a coating. I did 2 layers of mohs , I took the car outside to check for high spots and I only saw one which was corrected the same day . The car looked great . I also applied Gyeon cure which was part of the kit after 12 hours to prevent any water spotting issues for 2 weeks . Car was inside the garage for 3 days just to make sure the product had time to cure.
    This is when the nightmare happened , again , I can't wash the car for 2 weeks according to Gyeon , so after 3 days I had to leave the car outside and it rained , as soon as I came out of my house in the am I can see the water spots from the rain, these spots looked different though , like a crystal/ rainbowish look engraved on my car , not the same look as the water spots I get with my other sealants and waxes I have been using. I didn't think much of it but I had the feeling that it was going to be a problem ... I would usually wash the car after work if it had rain , but I left it for a few more days . It was a week where it rain sporadically.
    Fast forward to 10 days after install and I go for my first wash , as suspected the water spots do not come out , no matter what . I tried to polish a little area to see how bad it is and luckily enough polishing is removing the water spots. This is just like last year when I applied Gyeon Cure on this car, probably worst because now its all over the car instead of just the hood. Im removing this garbage from my car tomorrow , repolishing the whole car again and putting a wax on it.

My conclusion is that this product sucks , it cant even prevent water spotting from rain , I had other waxes and sealants on this same audi for the last 6 months, it has rain and snow and I never had an issue with water spotting , they came out after the wash no problem , but for some reason Gyeon cure, pure and mohs attract water somehow that it leaves water spotting more noticeable and it doesnt come out with a regular wash , and this is not water spotting from a sprinkle , its from rain

I m pretty much done with ceramic coatings too , every ceramic coating that I have put on always requires a sealant on top to prevent water spotting , so whats the point really, if you are masking the properties of the ceramic coating with a sealant , may as well just put a sealant on top without a ceramic coating. Looks wise , I ve been playing around with waxes and sealants the past 6 months and they actually do look better for me ...

I have better luck with car pro ceramic coatings but I dont think I would do it again

anyways just ranting today ...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Done with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

What size bottle did you use and how much was left afterwards Done with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

Also, what did you wash the car withDone with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

We're here to help for sureDone with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I find this really surprising and nothing at all like my experience. I've been running Pure EVO on my car for two years now and Mohs EVO for 12+ months on the wife's car without any issues. Even when filthy, the water behavior is pretty good. Water spotting has not been an issue on either vehicle. The only time I've had issues with tough water spots was on CQUK that was passing the 3 year point and starting to fail. Couldn't blame the coating at that point.

Do you live near a factory or airport? Your description of the water spots after the rain sounds strange for simple rainwater; like there is some sort of envornmental fall out mixed in. I cringe every time I have to leave me car at the airport. Even when parking in a covered area, I find it covered in all sorts nastiness that often is difficult to remove. It gets worse when mixed with rain or snow.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes Rollo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What size bottle did you use and how much was left afterwards Done with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

Also, what did you wash the car withDone with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

We're here to help for sureDone with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

30ml , not much left , maybe 5ml

I used car pro descale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I find this really surprising and nothing at all like my experience. I've been running Pure EVO on my car for two years now and Mohs EVO for 12+ months on the wife's car without any issues. Even when filthy, the water behavior is pretty good. Water spotting has not been an issue on either vehicle. The only time I've had issues with tough water spots was on CQUK that was passing the 3 year point and starting to fail. Couldn't blame the coating at that point.

Do you live near a factory or airport? Your description of the water spots after the rain sounds strange for simple rainwater; like there is some sort of envornmental fall out mixed in. I cringe every time I have to leave me car at the airport. Even when parking in a covered area, I find it covered in all sorts nastiness that often is difficult to remove. It gets worse when mixed with rain or snow.

I dont live close to an airport. I also have a M235 bmw with beadmaker and nothing sticks to it , after the rain the spots come out easily , even if I leave them for a few days .
    I had a cadillac SRX with carpro lite and samething , all good after the rain .

I had the same issue with GYEON can coat .. Unless this coating is not compatible with my Audi , I do not know what to think. I followed instructions ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    30ml , not much left , maybe 5ml

I used car pro descale
    What type of soap did you use as a maintenance soap afterwards

Post Thanks / Like

Seems the people having best results use maintenance soaps or sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam are great maintence pre-washes, Gyeon Restart for 2BM's...for startersDone with Gyeon products and probably ceramic coatings

Post Thanks / Like

I've read through this countless times and I'm beyond perplexed. I'm about 5 months into my application of Mohs and I've had zero waterspot issues and it's still beading like it was applied yesterday. My understanding with coatings requiring a sealant to prevent water spotting is only during the curing phase. Rain water shouldn't cause water spots unless you live near something that is creating some type of difficult to remove fallout or if something was left behind during the prep phase. It rained for a good week after applying Mohs and the only residue left behind was easily removed with a quick rinse less wash. You've got something else going on and it looks like none of us can figure it out.

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Meetings without obligations, easy and simple

Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Freedom of meetings, no obligations Verified Women Top-notch casual Dating

13. Dislikes Tasmania disliked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast