autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tunnel wash rant - Free speech thread

Speaks volumes about the quality of their car wash
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    That’s the funniest part

I see people pulling out of the one where I get gas and the back end is invariably still dirty

So paint damage plus half a$$ job?

Tunnel wash rant - Free speech thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I frequently see people get their vehicle returned to them and pull out their own towels and finish drying or wiping off some of the dirt. Damn near every person I’ve told not to go through a tunnel wash says some versions of “I know. I know. And it doesn’t even get my car fully clean but I don’t have a lot of free time.”

I refuse to believe a person can’t take one hour a month to do a basic hand wash. I have to kids with plenty of after school activities, a full time job, detail on the side and I can still find time to take care of my lawn and vehicles because maintaining these large purchases matters to me.

4. Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tunnel wash rant - Free speech thread

Yep, it’s all about priorities. A good number of people value a clean car but they wont actually keep it clean themselves. They are the type of people who wouldnt make it a hobby, let alone a passion

Detailing gives me pleasure. Maybe to most people that’s an odd way of getting it but that’s them,not me. I never compare myself to other people. They can do what makes them happy and I’ll do what makes me happy

The nice thing about detailing is,in addition to pleasure, if you can’t get enough of it,you can make money from it by detailing a few cars on the side all the way up to doing it for a living. This isn’t so with many other pastimes

So drive by the dirty cars in your immaculate one and smile,you are a unique person. Be proud of that

6. Likes opie, chilly, Optimus Grime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Damn near every person I’ve told not to go through a tunnel wash says some versions of “I know. I know. And it doesn’t even get my car fully clean but I don’t have a lot of free time.”

I refuse to believe a person can’t take one hour a month to do a basic hand wash.
    This is so true. I wonder how many folks would "have the time" if they stopped watching tv/cell phones all the time.

Younger kids these days...i really wonder how many of them rot their brain at such young ages becasue thier parents let them have these devices to keep them occupied. On car rides...stare out the window and day dream...not watch an ipad. Good grief, Go outside and play! Or read a book!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8. Likes chilly, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Things aren’t likely to go back to how they used to be. I do feel sorry for kids who are totally dependent on devices. I am concerned about what this is going to make them be like when they grow up. I sure hope the worst doesn’t happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. The world is at risk of going downhill if it does. I need to stop thinking about this right now

I’m a simple man who just wants a shiny car and I’m happy. Thoughts like that are far nicer than worrying about the kids. Maybe if enough kids get exposed to the joy of detailing, things can turn around a little bit

10. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post

I’m a simple man who just wants a shiny car and I’m happy.
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Maybe if enough kids get exposed to the joy of detailing, things can turn around a little bit
    The neihbor kid aint old enough to drive yet, but hopefully when he is, he stops and asks how keep a vehicle shiney so i can pass along what i have learned.

At work when we get aprentices on the jobsite, if they show a willingness to learn, i try to pass along anything that may help them get to be proficent faster

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a firm believer that knowledge is power and one can learn something from anyone. You might be surprised who you can learn from too

Learning can make both the person who is acquiring the knowledge and the person passing it on feel good. That’s why I’ve always been enthusiastic about it

15. Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard at times to do two vehicles, so every so often we send her RAV4 thru the TOUCHLESS up the street. For $9 it really does not do a bad job. But again, nothing like a proper hand wash.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

17. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    It is hard at times to do two vehicles, so every so often we send her RAV4 thru the TOUCHLESS up the street. For $9 it really does not to a bad job. But again, nothing like a proper hand wash.
    Without a floor drain in my garage I have to depend on the touchless near me to keep the bottom blasted off during the winter but I want to look into one of the undercarriage sprayer attachments for my pressure washer for the remainder of the year

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast