autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tunnel wash rant - Free speech thread

St Augustine grass. Typical in FL
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    It requires certain liquid fertilizers and weed controllers I’d have to try to even see if I can easily buy. My lawn is rather big in the back so attempting to treat it is impractical for a DIYer. Believe me, if it were smaller I’d try to.
    You can get anything on the internet, Bill. If you hire one of those companies where a guy walks around the yard spraying stuff, you can absolutely buy the equivalent chemicals and here's a sprayer with a 100 foot hose: https://www.petratools.com/product/p...with-reel-cart . I'm not recommending that sprayer, just saying that you can get something like that, or of course a hose-end sprayer that isn't much different than a foam gun. As far as liquid fertilizers, here you go: Lawn Fertilizer - Liquid & Granular Fertilizer for Lawn Grass & Turf They of course also have weed killers.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just not going to happen. Not enough hours in the day. If you saw my property you'd understand why people use a service. I may just eventually get a new service and probably have to pay a lot more.

4. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you didn't have time for it, I misunderstood you.

Post Thanks / Like

People ask me the same kinds of things..

‘How do you mow those stripes in?’

By the time I am 5secs into explaining my lawn nerd approach, they are no longer interested.

Kentucky Blue

Simplicity Mower w/ modified stripe kit to allow for 4 1/4” mow height.

I hire out the fertilization and aeration. For the same reason people hire out paint correction. Leave it to the pros.

Can’t wait for spring!

I run a home based detailing business. My lawn always gives customers a good sense that they’re in the right place. Tunnel wash rant - Free speech thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes chilly, BudgetPlan1, opie, Loach, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a magnificent looking lawn! My neighbor maybe by a stretch approaches that and it's difficult to get lines in my kind of grass

You have friendlier people near you who give you compliments. Around here,when I see them,people just look down. Compliments are unheard of. I've been used to it for a long time

9. Thanks Eric7810 thanked for this post
    Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It saddens me greatly that no one has pride in anything any more. What in the world happened and what in the world are we coming to? There has to be some kind of sociological study into this
    My granddaughter asked me if I had any spare bicycles I could give her a couple of years ago and although it made me sad to say it I told her sorry, I am riding everything I have (which actually was true)

I told her that because they get off their bikes and just drop them in the driveway and the rain and ocean air just destroys them and I wasn't going to give her a $2,000 bike to just trash

They don't have a lot of money but they act like anything and everything is disposable and someone will replace it for them

I don't get it

11. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just not going to happen. Not enough hours in the day. If you saw my property you'd understand why people use a service. I may just eventually get a new service and probably have to pay a lot more.
    I feel ya. I hate painting and I'm not very good at it. When I bought my first house me and a friend painted my living room. Wife hated the color, she was out of town, so I eventually had someone paint it for me. In the time it took for two of us to do my living room this one man crew painted my entire downstairs and did an infinitely better job. Sometimes things are better left to the pros.

13. Likes chilly, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This won't be a popular way to exist, but I'll run my daily driver through cars washes throughout the winter months. I currently don't have a 'garage queen' or weekend car, but those would get stored throughout the winter months and pampered during the driving months. They get full details and the paint maintained, including correction/polishing where needed. I can see all the defects and paint-hate the auto car washes provide, but I don't have OCD and can "let that sh!t go" lol. It's just too much work trying to keep a daily free of dings, scratches, and whatever the normies put out in the world on the streets. I certainly still take care of my daily, but I'll take a deep breathe when I see it and appreciate having a car I can get around in and not have fiery acid-reflux worrying about where it's parked...whether the sprinkler will come on, Bob's dump truck contents, Grannies 72 LTD doors, or little Billy's grubby hands.

That being said, I do understand what has been said here and I treat other cars like garage queens when I'm out and about. Since selling my 04 Mach 1, I totally miss pampering a garage queen lol.

15. Likes chilly, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good grocery getter-beater car would serve you well. When the time comes,you're going to love a babied garage queen

Luckily I'm still able to get by keeping my daily pristine but I'd probably benefit from a beater too

17. Likes chilly, Azure liked this post
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast