autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's been your bigest game changers? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    Same here. I just replaced my $89 Ryobi after 3 + years. It's tiny and easy to store.
    I have mine in a large tote with the gun and a 50' collapsing hose. Very compact.

2. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don't remember what version I have, I looked at it the other day and it's still liquid, but the color isn't right. Had to throw out my Opti-Lens and a couple of OC 2.0. I still have a couple of OC 2.0 syringes that seem sort of ok--I use it on wheels. I just put some Opti-Glass on the back window of a car I haven't had out for a while, that was a little more difficult than I remember, maybe because the Opti-Glass is old or maybe because of the way I put it on the applicator since the sprayer is clogged...I don't remember if/what LSP I have on the paint, I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to try the Hyper Seal on it.
    How long would you say that you've had the O.C. 2.0 syringes?

I had a hard time with Opti-Glass at first. The tutorial Optimum put on their YouTube page makes it a breeze. My first nozzle clogged too. They sent me some replacements. So what I do now is keep the original on it, and use one of the new sprayers when I need to coat a window. When I'm dome, I put some ONR (256:1) in a cap from a shipped Optimum bottle, and depress the pump until the starts being sprayed. Then I'll spray the whole thing with my ONR (256:1), dry, and put aside to dry. Replace the original sprayer and store. Been working GREAT!

Opti-Seal is my go-to for window sealing, but people who buy the ceramic coating for their paint get Hyper Seal on the windows - unless they want to purchase the Opti Glass upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    How long would you say that you've had the O.C. 2.0 syringes?

I had a hard time with Opti-Glass at first. The tutorial Optimum put on their YouTube page makes it a breeze. My first nozzle clogged too. They sent me some replacements. So what I do now is keep the original on it, and use one of the new sprayers when I need to coat a window. When I'm dome, I put some ONR (256:1) in a cap from a shipped Optimum bottle, and depress the pump until the starts being sprayed. Then I'll spray the whole thing with my ONR (256:1), dry, and put aside to dry. Replace the original sprayer and store. Been working GREAT!
    Looks like the OC 2.0 is about 10 years old. I bought a bunch when ADS (that's the now-defunct Auto Detailing Solutions in AZ, not Armour Detail Supply) was blowing them out. I purged out as much air as I could when I got them.

I always thought Opti-Glass was easy to use, but I was putting it on differently this time. I went back to spraying it on the glass and wiping it in with a towel, very easy, I even sprayed some on the part that got gummy/smeary after I had spread it out with an applicator, glass bottle coating style, and the spritz cleared it right up (well, not exactly a spritz because the sprayer is half clogged). I flushed it with some IPA after.

5. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, Rinseless washing and DA polishing.

Rinseless saves steps and can be used indoors easily.
    I was always scared to machine polish and learning to use a DA was a great skill to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

7. Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That one looks very appealing. Once I get my new mulch in we will see how much rogue grass I’ll be dealing with. Thanks
    That looks like a Bosch battery. Which would be great, since I have a pile of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Looks like the OC 2.0 is about 10 years old. I bought a bunch when ADS (that's the now-defunct Auto Detailing Solutions in AZ, not Armour Detail Supply) was blowing them out. I purged out as much air as I could when I got them.

I always thought Opti-Glass was easy to use, but I was putting it on differently this time. I went back to spraying it on the glass and wiping it in with a towel, very easy, I even sprayed some on the part that got gummy/smeary after I had spread it out with an applicator, glass bottle coating style, and the spritz cleared it right up (well, not exactly a spritz because the sprayer is half clogged). I flushed it with some IPA after.
    Time flies. 2014 seems like yesterday.

I will give that technique with Opti Glass a try.

I remember ADS! I bought a LOT from them going back ten years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I will give that technique with Opti Glass a try.
    Not to go on and on with this, but I hadn't used Opti-Glass for some years, so I read the bottle and it sounded like you were supposed to use an applicator and let it sit for a minute, then wipe off. So I used a coating applicator with some Scott blue wrapped around it, and it was horrible. So when I went to do the rest of the windows, I did it like Hyper Seal, spray on, wipe off (which is how I think I did the Opti-Glass years ago), and it was super easy. Hopefully next time I try Hyper Seal it will be easy, also, since last time on my friend's car I turned it into some sort of static electricity experiment using that Optimum suede applicator with the sponge in the middle to try and apply it like a real coating.

I'm the wrong one to ask about time flying...when I looked it up and saw that OC 2.0 is 10 years old, I said "of course it's all gelled up!"...if I realized I would have it this long and thought about it more I might have put it in the refrigerator...of course I also might be divorced now.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the days of putting wax in the fridge?
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I never did that. Seems to me the people that did that got themselves a "wax fridge" for the garage, which sounds like a lot better idea than putting chemicals in with your food.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one! A mini fridge that goes mostly unused now
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

14. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast