autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's been your bigest game changers? And why?

I always feel like it's a crapshoot with those cheapo pressure washers whether the next time I pull it out if it's going to work. I think I learned here that the important thing is to turn off the water and run it dry before you put it away, so it doesn't rust up while it's sitting. Doesn't matter if you are going to use it frequently, but I might use mine and then not use it for a couple years. I think there's also some corrosion inhibitor you can put in them for storage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I think I could probably use a battery powered sprayer like that. I have a lot of flower bed area to cover and down here it needs to be sprayed routinely
    Bill, take a look into the Solo EAZY 206 battery powered sprayer.

Solo EAZY 206 Battery-Powered Handheld Sprayer, 1.6 Gallon

I've been using this professionally for a while now and it's the best sprayer I have owned. In my case, I'm using it for weeds, but it would be suitable for any foliar feeding or insect control duties as well. In this case, the battery is powering a pump rather than a compressor, so you get consistent product flow. It will also stop pumping when the trigger is released, unlike some battery powered sprayers that continue running. I have also used the Makita 18v equivalent and its junk.

No reason why something like this couldn't be used for detailing either.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t seen the need for a battery powered sprayer. 1 pump up on my IK or Marolex will get around a Whole car and I don’t really spray any other liquids that need that volume.

Where the batteries make sense to me are on the foamers. Just couldn’t get myself to pull the trigger on the SPTA. Although that would have been cheaper I decided to foam pro 2+ and add one of those mini battery powered tire inflator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's what I was saying--back in the OC 2.0 days, if you had to wipe anything off you put on too much. But today it seems like you have to wipe off, and expect to throw out your wipe-off towel, or a few of them. Maybe not with the sprays, but with the "glass bottle" coatings. I've always applied Gloss Coat the way I did OC 2.0 or Opti-Lens. Anyway, back to game changers.
    OH!

Yeah, I thought you were referring to Hyper Seal taking a long time to flash off, and having to wipe a lot of it off.

Oh yeah, the glas bottle coatings. Wipe off towels will either become crunchy or non absorbent. We go through a lot of coating towels.

Not all of the coatings leave a lot to wipe off though. The new Xpel Premium does the sweating thing when it's ready for leveling. Yeah, it still kills the towels, but a towel can go a lot farther on the car. I can use two or three on the entire vehicle where before there were over a dozen.

And back to game changers, yes. Gloss Coat was and is one for me. Before GC my top end protection was Duragloss 111 + 601 Bonding Agent. If I wanted crazy beading I topped with a Zymol wax. To get the level of performance and protection Gloss Coat offers... Much less effort, MUCH less time, much, and much more performance. It's a game changer in that it got and kept me in the ceramic coating game.

Have you tried the updated version of GC yet? I have one, but it isn't in rotation yet. Only one more syringe of the previous version, and It will be on deck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I always feel like it's a crapshoot with those cheapo pressure washers whether the next time I pull it out if it's going to work. I think I learned here that the important thing is to turn off the water and run it dry before you put it away, so it doesn't rust up while it's sitting. Doesn't matter if you are going to use it frequently, but I might use mine and then not use it for a couple years. I think there's also some corrosion inhibitor you can put in them for storage.
    I've had great luck with my El cheap-o Ryobi. My friend had cooked two or three cheap (not the Ryobi) pressure washers in the time I've had mine. But - he PUNISHES his stuff.

7. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I've had great luck with my El cheap-o Ryobi. My friend had cooked two or three cheap (not the Ryobi) pressure washers in the time I've had mine. But - he PUNISHES his stuff.
    Same here. I just replaced my $89 Ryobi after 3 + years. It's tiny and easy to store.

9. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Bill, take a look into the Solo EAZY 206 battery powered sprayer.

Solo EAZY 206 Battery-Powered Handheld Sprayer, 1.6 Gallon

I've been using this professionally for a while now and it's the best sprayer I have owned. In my case, I'm using it for weeds, but it would be suitable for any foliar feeding or insect control duties as well. In this case, the battery is powering a pump rather than a compressor, so you get consistent product flow. It will also stop pumping when the trigger is released, unlike some battery powered sprayers that continue running. I have also used the Makita 18v equivalent and its junk.

No reason why something like this couldn't be used for detailing either.
    That one looks very appealing. Once I get my new mulch in we will see how much rogue grass I’ll be dealing with. Thanks
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

11. Likes DFB, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Have you tried the updated version of GC yet? I have one, but it isn't in rotation yet. Only one more syringe of the previous version, and It will be on deck.
    I don't remember what version I have, I looked at it the other day and it's still liquid, but the color isn't right. Had to throw out my Opti-Lens and a couple of OC 2.0. I still have a couple of OC 2.0 syringes that seem sort of ok--I use it on wheels. I just put some Opti-Glass on the back window of a car I haven't had out for a while, that was a little more difficult than I remember, maybe because the Opti-Glass is old or maybe because of the way I put it on the applicator since the sprayer is clogged...I don't remember if/what LSP I have on the paint, I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to try the Hyper Seal on it.

13. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Introducing compressed air to my work three years ago is what skyrocketed my efficiency and results. It was an investment of about $3k but I never looked back. I would be helpless now without the tools you see here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always nice to see somebody being smart and wisely investing in their business. As you are finding, it pays you back.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

17. Thanks Eric7810 thanked for this post
    Likes Eric7810, DFB liked this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast