autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's been your bigest game changers? And why?

[QUOTE=chefwong;1788466]I don't detail any cars except my own ....and they all are relatively clean. DDP. Watched the vid....all that atomized overspray......it would drive me nutz.

Mats are literally the dirtiest part of any car...I would have taken them out away from the interior and wash them away from the car with door closed...
    Mats are literally the dirtiest part of any car...I would have taken them out away from the interior and wash them away from the car with door closed...

on tripod

Post Thanks / Like

Toolwise, probably the Tovia electric sprayer and bettix bottles for products that need to be measured out. I use the Tovia for spraying the car with RW before using a saturated towel. I'm actually not sure if I've ever recharged it. It just goes and goes.

3. Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Toolwise, probably the Tovia electric sprayer and bettix bottles for products that need to be measured out. I use the Tovia for spraying the car with RW before using a saturated towel. I'm actually not sure if I've ever recharged it. It just goes and goes.
    I hate those Bettix bottles, but maybe I need to learn to use them better, it certainly looks like they make your process more efficient.

How is the output from that sprayer? I have a Petra lithium battery 4-gal sprayer I use in the garden, that goes forever--I even misplaced the charger for a while but it didn't matter because it will spray like 50 gallons on a charge. I have considered getting another one to use with rinseless wash. I don't really get the IK's that have a pneumatic pump to pressurize them, I mean I get that doing it that way you get more chemical resistance (I guess) than running the solution you're spraying through a diapraghm pump.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I could probably use a battery powered sprayer like that. I have a lot of flower bed area to cover and down here it needs to be sprayed routinely
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill-- Amazon.com

I never use it as a backpack--I have enough problems with my back. I picked that one because it has the Li-ion battery, most of their others are lead-acid.

Post Thanks / Like

I may need to get one. I just have a Marolex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Bill-- Amazon.com

I never use it as a backpack--I have enough problems with my back. I picked that one because it has the Li-ion battery, most of their others are lead-acid.
    Okay, thanks. I'll look into it. Beats the $20thing I'm lugging around
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I hate those Bettix bottles, but maybe I need to learn to use them better, it certainly looks like they make your process more efficient.

How is the output from that sprayer? I have a Petra lithium battery 4-gal sprayer I use in the garden, that goes forever--I even misplaced the charger for a while but it didn't matter because it will spray like 50 gallons on a charge. I have considered getting another one to use with rinseless wash. I don't really get the IK's that have a pneumatic pump to pressurize them, I mean I get that doing it that way you get more chemical resistance (I guess) than running the solution you're spraying through a diapraghm pump.
    The bettix bottles don't work as well for the really thick products like Hyperwash but they still work. You could maybe cut them with distilled water to thin them out.

The spray pattern is ok with a narrow pattern. With a wider pattern, it becomes uneven. Not the biggest deal for my application.

Post Thanks / Like

The bettix bottles don't work as well for the really thick products like Hyperwash but they still work. You could maybe cut them with distilled water to thin them out.
    I just have trouble figuring them out, I feel like I'm going to spill something. The only products I ever got in a bottle like that are Wolfgang Uber and that OG MF towel detergent. I also have a bottle of Temprid (insecticide) which is a suspension so the residue in the measuring part dries out and collects, effecting the measurement. As I was saying, if I got more comfortable using them I could see them being more useful, as they are for you. Like I see your OPC bottle...a lot better than trying to pour it out of the gallon jug...although I put a dispenser cap with a little hole on when I'm trying to measure out of that jug.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    How did you hear about it? Or did you just give it a whirl? Also is it just an apc spray or made for engines tires etc.? If you ever did want to buy a pressure washer without spending a few hundred? I recommend the $99 Ryobi at Home Depot. I love mine and still keep it as a back up.
    Amazon.com
    I use a 2.5 tip and get plenty of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Can't beat the Ryobi. One of it's best features is that it doesn't take up a ton of space.

My first one made it just before the 3 year mark before it started cycling without you pulling the trigger (internal wear I'm guessing would cause enough of a pressure drop it would kick on to bring pressure back up); if I had been on top of things I shoulda sent it in since they do a 3 year warranty. Went another year or two still functioning perfectly fine (output wise), it's just annoying to have it cycle all by itself.

After debating if I get another "disposable" one ($), go mid-tier and get the Active($$), or go big boy and get a "forever" pressure washer you can maintain and replace parts ($$$), I decided to just re-up and get another baby Ryobi (now rated at 1800psi/1.2GPM, up from 1600/1.2, though YouTube dude said they test about the exact same). My first one is now at work for pressure washing belly pans and underbody panels when we de-grease underhood after repairs.
    So on that Ryobi, you can simply buy your own spray gun and replace that silly rifle looking 1 it comes with right?

It’s kinda weird how most of the reviews on Amazon completely rip it.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast