autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's been your bigest game changers? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This right here, is the best tire cleaner I’ve ever witnessed. Today I bought a used Vogue whitewall tire because I’d been wanting to replace 1 and it was super dirty.

So dirty you could bearly see the whitewall. I would’ve taken a picture but some guy was being annoying and waiting for me to be next at the coin op and that’s why I didn’t take a pic.

I went to the coin op to use their power washer. Spray this foam on and let it dwell for a couple of min. and hit it with the nozzle and you’ve got perfectly clean whitewalls. Unbelievable how good this cleans without agitation. Nothing comes close. Not even Tarminator.

I'm going to try this!

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finding this place 4 or so years ago and getting a solid setup for paint correction pretty early in the game had been a huge advancement for me.

More recently i would say rinseless wash. Been doing that with 1 towel per panel method for about a year and half now i think, and it has kept my paint "defect free". Not to mention quicker thatn a bucket wash. Mckees 37 is my go to

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Likes dlc95, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say moving to high solids ceramic coatings was the game changer for me. I went from having to do an in-depth detail (i.e. something requiring an LSP application) of my cars every six months to doing it every 2~3 years. With the schedule I'm on, I rarely have to do that type of a job on more than one car in a single year. Not only that, but upkeep is remarkably easier. Washing is easier, drying is easier, and in some ways I don't have to wash as often with a little help from a good rain.

From a tool perspective, moving up to actually using a DA polisher might have been the closest thing to a game changer. I went from simply trying to keep things looking good by washing and applying a good LSP to actually being able to correct defects and improving the appearance of a vehicle.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Using a De-Ionizer with a PW is the most labor-saving combo I've used, making washing two cars alot less tiring. It'a a pleasure not having to chase water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

What's been your bigest game changers? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    How did you hear about it? Or did you just give it a whirl? Also is it just an apc spray or made for engines tires etc.? If you ever did want to buy a pressure washer without spending a few hundred? I recommend the $99 Ryobi at Home Depot. I love mine and still keep it as a back up.
    Amazon.com
    I use a 2.5 tip and get plenty of water.
    About 10yrs. ago this guy made this video… Ever since then everyone and their mother copled him but this dude here is the originator. Nothing really wrong with copying him because it’s become worldwide knowledge among Vogue tire owners on the proper way to clean them.

If you ever need to clean whitewalls, this is the best way hands down. Check out this video.

BEST WAY TO CLEAN VOGUES / HOW TO CLEAN VOGUES - YouTube

Thanks for the PW recommendation. That’s what I’ve been looking for. Something simple that works.

8. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    More recently I would say rinseless wash. Been doing that with 1 towel per panel method for about a year and half now I think, and it has kept my paint "defect free". Not to mention quicker than a bucket wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    Using a De-Ionizer with a PW is the most labor-saving combo I've used, making washing two cars alot less tiring. It'a a pleasure not having to chase water spots.
    Well, there's two different viewpoints on the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I would have to say moving to high solids ceramic coatings was the game changer for me.
    The Gyeon coatings you have mentioned recently (Mohs, Pure) are considered high-solids? The only brand I've been hearing that term used around is Armour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The Gyeon coatings you have mentioned recently (Mohs, Pure) are considered high-solids? The only brand I've been hearing that term used around is Armour.
    I've used the term for any of the coatings that come in a little glass bottle in order to distinguish them from the myriad of other products on the market calling themselves a "coating". I couldn't think of a better term.

Companies like CarPro and Gyeon might not use it in their product copy like Armour Detail does, but I think it fits since the products in those bottles will have far more "solids" in them compared to a product that's really just a spray sealant with some SiO2 mixed in.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've used the term for any of the coatings that come in a little glass bottle in order to distinguish them from the myriad of other products on the market calling themselves a "coating".
    Well, that's interesting because I guess I was a coating "early adopter" back in the OC 2.0 day, also Opti-Lens and a little Gloss Coat. The application of the Optimum coatings were more like a WOWA, and any wiping was just to remove high spots that didn't flash off completely (at least I thought that's how you were supposed to apply it, thin). I also used the Duragloss coating once I think (I was looking at the kit the other day and the coating is still liquid, unlike the M37 that I bought when they were closing out the products here, which was solid). The only glass bottle coating I've used is DLux, and I think I only used that on trim (my DLux is still liquid too, even though I haven't used it in a long time and I think the expiration date is 2017).

I notice with the current coatings, you apply heavy, then wipe it off after a minute or two. That's how I got screwed up when I bought OPT Hyper Seal to use on a friends new car, a year or so ago, I wiped it on expecting it to flash off like OC 2.0 used to...and it didn't, so I waited too long to wipe and wound up with a sticky mess. Unless that's never how you were supposed to apply the OPT coatings, I always understood you applied them thin, they would flash and disappear, and any areas that didn't disappear you had to wipe or it would harden into a high spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, that's interesting because I guess I was a coating "early adopter" back in the OC 2.0 day, also Opti-Lens and a little Gloss Coat. The application of the Optimum coatings were more like a WOWA, and any wiping was just to remove high spots that didn't flash off completely (at least I thought that's how you were supposed to apply it, thin). I also used the Duragloss coating once I think (I was looking at the kit the other day and the coating is still liquid, unlike the M37 that I bought when they were closing out the products here, which was solid). The only glass bottle coating I've used is DLux, and I think I only used that on trim (my DLux is still liquid too, even though I haven't used it in a long time and I think the expiration date is 2017).

I notice with the current coatings, you apply heavy, then wipe it off after a minute or two. That's how I got screwed up when I bought OPT Hyper Seal to use on a friends new car, a year or so ago, I wiped it on expecting it to flash off like OC 2.0 used to...and it didn't, so I waited too long to wipe and wound up with a sticky mess. Unless that's never how you were supposed to apply the OPT coatings, I always understood you applied them thin, they would flash and disappear, and any areas that didn't disappear you had to wipe or it would harden into a high spot.
    I've found Hyper Seal to take much longer to flash away than GC and OS. BUT - it was designed to be sprayed on and wiped off.

The sprayer releases quite a bit of product. I've put some in an old GC syringe, which allows for a more GC lokd application process. I've been really happy with tha6 product too. I have it on my mom's car, by best friend's mom's car, the passenger side of my truck, and on my cousin's car. All of them are super glossy under any dirt on the surface, and they all repel water well. I've also used it at work. I even got high spots when attempting a second coat on a customer vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I've found Hyper Seal to take much longer to flash away than GC and OS. BUT - it was designed to be sprayed on and wiped off.
    That's what I was saying--back in the OC 2.0 days, if you had to wipe anything off you put on too much. But today it seems like you have to wipe off, and expect to throw out your wipe-off towel, or a few of them. Maybe not with the sprays, but with the "glass bottle" coatings. I've always applied Gloss Coat the way I did OC 2.0 or Opti-Lens. Anyway, back to game changers.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast