autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's been your bigest game changers? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Inside the outlet of the gun, there is a "whip hose" or agitator that creates a vortex, the oscillating high-speed pattern helps dislodge stubborn material or supercharge a cleaning chemical. Mine is what they call the "basic", but you can get them with a fluid reservoir which draws and blasts a surface with a cleaning product or water. You really need to wear a respirator with the later when using an APC.

Thankyou for rhe detailed info! Does that thing "splatter" or fligh debris when using it?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thankyou for rhe detailed info! Does that thing "splatter" or fligh debris when using it?

Yes it can. For interior use, I tend to be quite targeted with it, often having the vacuum hose in the other hand to suck up the debris as I go.

3. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me:

ONR! Without it, I would have had to curtail detailing long ago and probably gone back to swirl-o-matic drive through.

I’m loath to spend the money but I fear that a cordless polisher would be a likewise revolutionary step. I already over use the Rupes nano because I don’t have to futz with cords.

Post Thanks / Like

For at , at least something I smacked my head and said what took you so long
    It's now sitting dormant waiting to be used for the next Winter Season but totally blown away with the Pressure Washer Undercarriage Wand.

Re: the Tornador, maybe I need to use it to -understand it- but given all options. I prefer, ahem suck vs blow.....
    To me vacuuming pulls debris into a hose. The blow of the tornado in my mind creates dust overspray....

Similar to carpets I suppose. I for sure will use the extractor vs. taking a pressure washer to carpets.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Magic Eraser on dirty interiors.

8. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Big Boi BloweR Mini. Makes drying out wheels, tires, water trapped in trim, door jams, etc so much easier and faster. It's also been an essential tool for pushing out water in my open loop water cooled PC's when doing yearly maintenance and when drying out fittings, water blocks, and blowing dust out of the case.

Autofiber applicators with the liner have also made applying coatings and ceramic/graphene/etc sealants much more efficient. Autofiber's towels with numbers on the corner have also been a big help if and when I lose track of exactly which side of the towel I just used when I invariably mess up the fold.

Rinseless wash solutions have also been great for when I don't have the time, energy, or motivation to do a full two bucket wash but still want to clean my car. Add to that doing the wash with an appropriate sponge has also made the process even easier and faster than the multiple towel method.

Siramik's Lustrous Plus Graphene Spray is so close in appearance, feel, durability, and hydrophobicity to a traditional ceramic coating for a spray-type ceramic that I have no desire to use traditional coating on my personal cars again.

10. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Which tornador do you use? Ive never used or seen one being used so im not really sure what they do or how ya use one. Guess i could go lookup a yt video on it

It's the Max.

Post Thanks / Like

This right here, is the best tire cleaner I’ve ever witnessed. Today I bought a used Vogue whitewall tire because I’d been wanting to replace 1 and it was super dirty.

So dirty you could bearly see the whitewall. I would’ve taken a picture but some guy was being annoying and waiting for me to be next at the coin op and that’s why I didn’t take a pic.

I went to the coin op to use their power washer. Spray this foam on and let it dwell for a couple of min. and hit it with the nozzle and you’ve got perfectly clean whitewalls. Unbelievable how good this cleans without agitation. Nothing comes close. Not even Tarminator.

13. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros, dlc95, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you hear about it? Or did you just give it a whirl? Also is it just an apc spray or made for engines tires etc.? If you ever did want to buy a pressure washer without spending a few hundred? I recommend the $99 Ryobi at Home Depot. I love mine and still keep it as a back up.
    Amazon.com
    I use a 2.5 tip and get plenty of water.

15. Likes Eldorado2k, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash.

Sure, many years have passed - ten years in April that I first used a rinseless wash. It was actually the Turtle Wax offering. It was being blown out at the retail locations, so I picked up a couple of bottles. I haven't looked back since.

The Optimum spray polishes allow for VERY quick trips around the vehicles I use it on. If I don't want to take the pad washer a microfiber towel, dampned with ONR does a decent job cleaning residue off the pads. Doesn't work with their waffle, but on flat pads, it works fine. Even on wool or microfiber that method can work. That being said, I don't always use the spray polishes, but I like the concept to a degree.

Specifically regarding the Optimum Intensive Polish and Hyper Compound I was surprised at the amount of marring they were capable of leaving. I often struggled to remove it with Hyper Polish. The new Hyper Compound V5 is like Hyper Polish on steroids. Great cut and great finish. I could see a situation where I use them more than anything else.

17. Likes opie, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast