autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gloss black IROC-Z attacked by a rotary..

On the door and fender that were attacked by a wool pad I used..

3401 - Lake Country Wool w foam interface
    3401 - Lake Country Orange
    3401 - Lake Country White
    Flex cordless gear driven - Lake Country Red - Speed 3

3D One

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gloss black IROC-Z attacked by a rotary..

More appreciation for these cars now that I'm in my 50'sGloss black IROC-Z attacked by a rotary..Gloss black IROC-Z attacked by a rotary..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's a blast from the past.

4. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, that's a blast from the past.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    What was that, '84 or so with the IROC's? I think I've told this story before, but when they revamped the F-Bodies for '82, I guess it must have been September '81, my friend and I are pulling out onto the highway, and we see this red car go by that we figure must be some sort of Ferrari we've never seen, so I urge him to cut through the traffic and catch up to it, which we do just as it's pulling into the GM training center down the road, so he follows it in, and it says "Firebird" on the back.

Anyway, I think that vintage is my favorite for the Camaros, although I think the '78 Trans Am is my favorite for the Firebirds, maybe followed buy the mid-80's turbos with the offset hood scoop.

Post Thanks / Like

What was that, '84 or so with the IROC's? I think I've told this story before, but when they revamped the F-Bodies for '82, I guess it must have been September '81, my friend and I are pulling out onto the highway, and we see this red car go by that we figure must be some sort of Ferrari we've never seen, so I urge him to cut through the traffic and catch up to it, which we do just as it's pulling into the GM training center down the road, so he follows it in, and it says "Firebird" on the back.

Anyway, I think that vintage is my favorite for the Camaros, although I think the '78 Trans Am is my favorite for the Firebirds, maybe followed buy the mid-80's turbos with the offset hood scoop.
    80-81 T/A's had the offset hood bulge w/ a 301 barrel AND turbo, also the 89' Pace Car had the offset hood bulge as well but the 3.8 SFI TURBO from the GN but with 3.3L heads for clearance issues. The early TTA made 200 hp and the later one made 250 hp.

Post Thanks / Like

cool ride for sure, nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    80-81 T/A's had the offset hood bulge w/ a 301 barrel AND turbo, also the 89' Pace Car had the offset hood bulge as well but the 3.8 SFI TURBO from the GN but with 3.3L heads for clearance issues.
    They had a turbo in the pre-'82 body style?? (I don't know the gen numbers). I don't remember that. I don't remember any GM turbos until they started putting them into the Buick T-Types, I'm not even sure the GN was the first Buick with a turbo, I think we had this discussion a few weeks ago. My recollection is the first GM turbos were in the Buicks, if you don't count the Corvair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    More appreciation for these cars now that I'm in my 50'sGloss black IROC-Z attacked by a rotary..Gloss black IROC-Z attacked by a rotary..
    I had an 84 Z28 and I loved it. I had an auto w/OD and they were just terrible transmissions. I ended up buying a foxbody and fell in love with those. When the IROC's came out, I was wanting to go back to the Camaro. I don't understand why they wouldn't let the IROC's have a stick. Maybe they thought it would be too close to Corvette performance..? Anyway, I've always loved this era of the Camaro despite the low power times. Five or so years ago, there was a black 305CID IROC Z for sale in my area for ~7800. Sure wish I had bought it. Aside from the Corvette ralley wheels, it was stock and in great shape inside and out. Yeah, hindsight is a bummer lol.

Post Thanks / Like

They had a turbo in the pre-'82 body style?? (I don't know the gen numbers). I don't remember that. I don't remember any GM turbos until they started putting them into the Buick T-Types, I'm not even sure the GN was the first Buick with a turbo, I think we had this discussion a few weeks ago. My recollection is the first GM turbos were in the Buicks, if you don't count the Corvair.
    The first car from General motors to feature a Turbo charged engine was the 1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire. IIRC there was a seperate tank for water which got sprayed into the intake (early intercooling)

Buick had production turbocharged cars in 1978, the Regal and LeSabre, both V6 turbos, even when the Riveria went FWD it too got a turbocharged V6.

The T/A went turbo in 1980, wad even featured in Smokey and the Bandit II and ran through the 1981 model year.

Chevrolet got into turbocharged engines from 1980-81 with their Monte Carlos, small hood bulge thT had a bow-tie and TURBO on it. Yenko made a handful of Camaro Turbo Z's but those aren't regular production cars.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast