autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Leave frames and prejudices behind. Date!

Free relationships, no obligations Authentic Maidens

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Tale of Two Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    There's an Autobell right down the street from my gym. It never ceases to amaze me at the sheer number of expensive cars I see going through those automotive tunnels of death or people that really think the free wash at the dealership is a nice perk.
    Those automated car washes are sprouting up around me like mushrooms. In the last two years we've seen 5~6 built within a mile or two of my house. That's on top of the nearly 10 already in business. Many of them are packed with customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    They just opened another car wash near me. I’m horrified. For so many people, a vehicle is the second most expensive thing they own or are paying payments on next to a home yet they beat them up and let the car wash or the dealer scratch them all up. I don’t understand it. I think I was brought up differently from most people today when it comes to taking care of your stuff.
    I don't think many people realize how bad it is for their paint. They actually think they are dong the right thing by keeping their car clean and shiny by using those places all the time. The marketing for the tunnel wash or the dealership tells them it's safe and how good it is for the car. The swirls in the paint have no meaning for them and they don't even notice or simply don't see it. Unless you get a chance to do a 50/50 and show the difference after polishing the vast majority of the population will never know/understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I don’t think those are same year or same colors…. Similar colors…. Yes. Honda doesn’t use same paints on Civics as they do Accords.
    Agree on both, there is at least one generation, if not two, between the Civic and the Accord. The Civic is significantly older. I think the color for the Civic of that generation was more of a rusty red, while the Accord is a much different shade.

Point taken though. If the Civic was properly cared for, it would look just as good as the nearly new Accord.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12