autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?

So some of you may know I went ahead and got the new made in US Adam's vacuum today on there 24% off sale. When I discovered my Rigid 5 hp has almost double the CFM I wanted to just call them and cancel my order!
    But I just have been doing allot of research on all the different variables that determine which vacuum is best.
    It actually has to do with a combination of CFM and Lift that work together to create the most efficient vacuum. Then there is Air Watts that come into the equation. Confusing right? Well I truly feel if Adam's made there new vacuum in the US from the ground up they did there homework. Right? I hope! The one thing that sold me the most was the size of the hose. Most industrial higher end commercial vacuums are all in 1.5 inch hoses. And consumer grade vacs are 1 7/8th inch hoses. So I'll be able to use my nice cushy 15 ft blue hose with it and not need any adapters like I did on my Rigid. Also I'm sure when using an adapter to a larger hose had allot to do with how the vac's CFM would change. The vacuum that really has impressive specs is the METROS! That's why there $600! Also FLEX @ $560 But when it comes down to it I even use my tiny DEWALT 20 volt vac on my own car because it's easy on the fly and gets in and out and does a great job! And I'm sure they factored in all this into that tiny little thing to get the most efficiency out of it. Either way I'm fine being the guinea pig and we will all know whether it's worth getting or not?
    Adam's
    CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?-adams-jpg
    Rigid
    CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?-5-gallon-rigid-jpg

Worth checking out:
    CFM vs LIFT - Mytee LLC

2. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?

How much was it?

Post Thanks / Like

CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?-zzz-jpg
    Only vac's with 1 1/2 inch hose are serious commercial vacs and start around the $550 mark. I like the smaller Tornado Task Force 10
    But there not HEPA which is very important to me. So forget that one. The FLEX was the one I really wanted till I found out there hose is also 1 7/8" So I'm really hoping this one sucks as good or better than my RIGID otherwise I'm just going to drive to there Anaheim shop and return it. I'm surprised they don't advertise that it is 1 1/2 inch hose. Only way I knew was I called and spoke to the GM @ the Anaheim shop and he measured it for me. Told me they just came in last month. Main reason I want 1.5 is my Mr.Nozzle hose and also have a bunch of attachments for it.
    CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?-mr-nozzle-jpg

Welcome to Tornado Industries

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?-zzz-jpg
    Only vac's with 1 1/2 inch hose are serious commercial vacs and start around the $550 mark.

But there not HEPA which is very important to me.
    You know a 2.5” hose hooks right into the Ridgid vac, right? It also has a Hepa filter. [I’m currently using a bag in mine]

Adam sure is charging alot for that little vacuum. Interested to hear about how it works.

6. Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eldo, I have that same vac and I had no idea I could put a larger diameter hose on it. However, mine seems to clog up at the deflector inside, when I'm using a bag--or do you take the filter out when you are using a bag to give it more space? I always leave mine in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Adam sure is charging alot for that little vacuum. Interested to hear about how it works.
    You know what's funny? Adams first came to the attention of forums maybe in the late 00's and he got written off as another place like Chemical Guys that was just private-labeling Warner's bulk products or something in that vein. I was just watching the TRC video with him from last week, and looked a few things up, and not only does he have a gazillion products, including all kinds of tools and garage equipment, like Griot's, somewhere along the way they bought B&B, which was a major blender for...well, all the detailing products companies that don't do their own mfg. And Adam sold the company a few years ago, not sure if he is working off his post-sale indenture or if he is going to remain long term, but it seems detailing has been berry berry good to him, it sounded like he has at least 3 houses, one in Idaho, one in CO where his company HQ is, and one in Scottsdale AZ where they have a satellite office.

8. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Thanks Eldo, I have that same vac and I had no idea I could put a larger diameter hose on it. However, mine seems to clog up at the deflector inside, when I'm using a bag--or do you take the filter out when you are using a bag to give it more space? I always leave mine in.

You know what's funny? Adams first came to the attention of forums maybe in the late 00's and he got written off as another place like Chemical Guys that was just private-labeling Warner's bulk products or something in that vein. I was just watching the TRC video with him from last week, and looked a few things up, and not only does he have a gazillion products, including all kinds of tools and garage equipment, like Griot's, somewhere along the way they bought B&B, which was a major blender for...well, all the detailing products companies that don't do their own mfg. And Adam sold the company a few years ago, not sure if he is working off his post-sale indenture or if he is going to remain long term, but it seems detailing has been berry berry good to him, it sounded like he has at least 3 houses, one in Idaho, one in CO where his company HQ is, and one in Scottsdale AZ where they have a satellite office.
    I have a bag + the filter on in mine and I’ve never had a problem with anything clogging at the deflector. I’ve used the hell out of it but I do try to be mindful of using it for stupid disgusting duties like large amounts of leaves in windshield cowls and similar heavy duty vacuuming which I still use my 14 gallon Ridgid for because I don’t want to cause that bag to rip unnecessarily.

But knowing how I am when it comes to pushing things to their limits + it being my 1st time using a bag in a Ridgid vac there’s a fair chance I’ll keep using it until it blows up in there 1 day, that’s why I keep a filter on inside and it even has a pool skimmer sock for extra protection just in case. Lol.
    I do believe that little vacuum used to weigh alot less when I 1st bought it because lately every time I carry it out I find myself complaining about how much it weighs. That’s probably a clue regarding the bag but I think we can pack more in there.CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?lol.

No issues with clogging, but what’s always kinda bugged me about this vacuum is how the inlet hole always seems to be a bit loose everytime I remove the hose. Are they all like that? Or why the heck doesn’t that ring stay tightened in the hole? Gets on my nerves having to be delicate everytime I have to unplug the hose. 1 day I’m gonna break it out of rage. Lol.

Reason I knew a 2.5” hose would fit in it is because the same Orange hose from the Detailing Kit fits the 2.5” hole in the 14 gallon Ridgid even though it’s technically called a 1.25” hose due to the size of the attachments it uses. [I think it actually measures 1.5” ID but I can’t remember the last time I checked it for sure] They’re both the same size on the side that attaches to the vac.

Post Thanks / Like

I just love the heck out of the hose I got from Mr. Nozzle. It is really rubbery and it has allot of stretch to it! I will use it on the new Adam's if it ends up being a winner. Either way I love my rigid and wasn't ever even considering getting anything to replace it till I saw that Adam's jobie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I just love the heck out of the hose I got from Mr. Nozzle. It is really rubbery and it has allot of stretch to it! I will use it on the new Adam's if it ends up being a winner. Either way I love my rigid and wasn't ever even considering getting anything to replace it till I saw that Adam's jobie.
    There’s a way to hook up the Mr. Nozzle hose to the Ridgid though, right? I used to know a detailer that used those 1.5” Mr. Nozzle attachments with a Ridgid.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Yea they sold it with the hose. They knew exactly the right one and it fit's great! I will say this much,,,, If that Adam's I got isn't as great as the RIGID I'm dropping it off to them. I would ship it but now that I found out about there setup in Anaheim, I want to check it out. He told me they have a full blow detail/PPF shop there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast