autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?

I frequently use my Tornador Velocity Vac system on customer cars, which led me to upgrade to a Flex VC44, and I absolutely love it. This system is designed for asbestos and drywall dust, achieving 99.97% efficiency at capturing particles as small as 0.3 microns. Most standard Ridgid units and others might only go down to 0.5 microns, but that's not sufficient for blocking bacteria and other pathogens that can be extracted with forced air, like with a Tornador.

I wanted to avoid inhaling any harmful substances. Additionally, the Flex VC44 is remarkably quiet. The sound of air being vacuumed into the hose is louder than the motor itself. It features 3-stage filtration, auto-blockage control, and comes with a 16ft antistatic hose as standard.

It's on the pricey side but definitely worth the investment. Chris Metcalf, The Flex representative and a friend who lives nearby, sold me a never-used demo model when the newer versions were released.

Here's a great combo to use if you're looking into detailing interiors.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes DanaDetailingPros, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I have a bag + the filter on in mine and I’ve never had a problem with anything clogging at the deflector. I’ve used the hell out of it but I do try to be mindful of using it for stupid disgusting duties like large amounts of leaves in windshield cowls and similar heavy duty vacuuming which I still use my 14 gallon Ridgid for
    Um...I always use mine for stupid disgusting duties because I got rid of my big shop vac, I guess that explains my problem.

Post Thanks / Like

CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Um...I always use mine for stupid disgusting duties because I got rid of my big shop vac, I guess that explains my problem.
    I looked inside one of the ends of my orange hose yesterday and found a hairpin I had recently vacuumed lodged in there turned sideways causing it to latch onto a fairly huge ball of dust, dirt, & hair. Felt good to free it up and clear it out.

And there you go, quit using it for crazy stuff. It’s fairly small from the hose [although it comes with a 1 7/8” hose, although I wouldn’t be surprised if you use a different smaller diameter hose with it. The tank is pretty small too especially considering the filter hovers right on top of whatever debris you vacuum up [if you’re not using a bag]

I’m honestly not sure I’d rate it as high as most people do if it wasn’t for the bag setup, because without it sort of seems like it’d be extra messy to clean out, not to mention it probably needs cleaning alot more frequently than the 14 gallon vac which can literally be left alone for months if you’d like. But performance wise I’ve got no complaints and the small size is more of a pro than a con.

Post Thanks / Like

Because I wind up keeping my vac in the basement I got tired of lugging the 18 or 20 gallon one up and down the stairs, and so I donated it to someone else and got the smaller Ridgid. I do use the hose that came with it, but I tend to vacuum up leaves and gravel out of my garage, hence my problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I frequently use my Tornador Velocity Vac system on customer cars, which led me to upgrade to a Flex VC44, and I absolutely love it. This system is designed for asbestos and drywall dust, achieving 99.97% efficiency at capturing particles as small as 0.3 microns. Most standard Ridgid units and others might only go down to 0.5 microns, but that's not sufficient for blocking bacteria and other pathogens that can be extracted with forced air, like with a Tornador.

I wanted to avoid inhaling any harmful substances. Additionally, the Flex VC44 is remarkably quiet. The sound of air being vacuumed into the hose is louder than the motor itself. It features 3-stage filtration, auto-blockage control, and comes with a 16ft antistatic hose as standard.

It's on the pricey side but definitely worth the investment. Chris Metcalf, The Flex representative and a friend who lives nearby, sold me a never-used demo model when the newer versions were released.

Here's a great combo to use if you're looking into detailing interiors.

I bought there upgraded adapter and it's a game changer when you do use the VV:
    CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?-jpg

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Because I wind up keeping my vac in the basement I got tired of lugging the 18 or 20 gallon one up and down the stairs, and so I donated it to someone else and got the smaller Ridgid. I do use the hose that came with it, but I tend to vacuum up leaves and gravel out of my garage, hence my problems.
    Yea I know exactly what you mean about getting tired of lugging it around, that’s why I finally got myself the small one. I’m glad I kept my big one though + that 2.5” hose is unstoppable and really lets you go full throttle when you feel like cleaning up some gnarly stuff.

I’m surprised you use the original black hose that came with it. You’ve never been tempted to upgrade to the detailers kit that has the 10’ orange hose and attachments? It’s worth it especially if you can find it on sale. The only thing it’s missing is a soft horsehair brush, but you can find that on your own to vacuum dashboards & stuff. The so called soft brush provided in the kit isn’t soft enough to be using on most consoles especially ones with piano black trim or woodgrain.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have a smaller Eureka that I use on cars, I generally use the shop vacs for "gnarlier" stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have a smaller Eureka that I use on cars, I generally use the shop vacs for "gnarlier" stuff.
    I’ve vacuumed out the coolant from my car into my large Ridgid vac.

Post Thanks / Like

Modded my Rigid and plan to run it till it dies!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post

Modded my Rigid and plan to run it till it dies!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    That’s a Ridgid? You sold your soul to Adam? Why?CFM VS. WATER LIFT VS. AIR WATTS! What determines the best vac?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast