autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Yes. I went with the 3/4 50 foot. Just finished my third car with it and haven't used my Active since. I'll defiantly use it on big jobs still.

Not following the remark. A pressure washer uses LESS water but you defiantly have higher pressure .

In my wash routine, I use the PW to knock stuff off a pre-rinse before mechanical wash.
    Or I use it to foam with a foam cannon before mechanical.
    Or use it for wheels/wheelwells and such.

Then comes the manual wash and I rinse with a hose since it is more water....I don't use the PW on my final rinse.

Funtionally, a PW and hose are separate use cases...
    HP Pre Rinse with a PW is far superior than a hose unless your POV is the opposite ?

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Not following the remark. A pressure washer uses LESS water but you defiantly have higher pressure .

In my wash routine, I use the PW to knock stuff off a pre-rinse before mechanical wash.
    Or I use it to foam with a foam cannon before mechanical.
    Or use it for wheels/wheelwells and such.

Then comes the manual wash and I rinse with a hose since it is more water....I don't use the PW on my final rinse.

Funtionally, a PW and hose are separate use cases...
    HP Pre Rinse with a PW is far superior than a hose unless your POV is the opposite ?
    I don’t own a pressure washer [yet] but I’ve used one enough times to agree with what you said.^

@Dana. What about wheels? You’re ok with using the hose over the pressure washer? Interesting. I’m currently jonesing for a pressure washer if only to be able to clean wheels with.

The 3/4 hose sounds interesting. I’ve always wanted to see the difference since the majority of hoses that are popular are 5/8th.
    Flexzilla also sells 1 at .5 ID but I can just imagine how undesirable that must be to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes exactly^ my pressure washer is for wheel, tires, foam cannon and anything that requires pressure. The hose has been great for simple maintenance washes. All the cars I've done were just dusty mostly and tires were done recently. I do like the hose for rinse when I do detail. Just haven't had one thanks to our crazy weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i use a small fireman nozzle (with shut-off valve) if i do a bucket wash without the foam gun. since it's all rubber i can drop it (not slamming hard) without worrying about it breaking (or getting wrecked) like you would with other traditional spray gun nozzles. on the final rinse i turn it all the way to the blooming pattern to do the final rinse which sheets the majority of the water off (less to manually dry). been doing this for years with no issues. find what works for you and keep using it...

I've had one like this for at least 5 years now. I don't even remember where I got it. When it starts leaking, I'll toss it.

6. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I only use my PW to do a full-wash on our cars now. I'll do the wheels first. on the body, knock off the big dirt, foam it, (get the mitts out for a contact wash using the foam already on the car). Rinse it, foam on Griot's PolyGloss, rinse it, then dry. With the PW, I can run a de-ionized rinse so I don't have to chase the water-spot dragon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Yes exactly^ my pressure washer is for wheel, tires, foam cannon and anything that requires pressure. The hose has been great for simple maintenance washes. All the cars I've done were just dusty mostly and tires were done recently. I do like the hose for rinse when I do detail. Just haven't had one thanks to our crazy weather.

DDP -

Ya threw me for a curveball when you stated you haven't used the PW much after the hose upgrade....
    Are we discussing use on personal cars or customers cars

I see 2 things that the HP is advantageous on customer cars
    HP rinse knocks stuff off better.....the less there is. the less potential to induce marring on the contact wash
    While I prefer a hose on final rinse, if doing this profesionally, the HP Rinse uses *less water* , which should be a lower water bill for you ....

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Orbit with the thumb control. The power is pretty impressive. I actually order a second one for my beach house.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    DDP -

Ya threw me for a curveball when you stated you haven't used the PW much after the hose upgrade....
    Are we discussing use on personal cars or customers cars

I see 2 things that the HP is advantageous on customer cars
    HP rinse knocks stuff off better.....the less there is. the less potential to induce marring on the contact wash
    While I prefer a hose on final rinse, if doing this profesionally, the HP Rinse uses *less water* , which should be a lower water bill for you ....
    Definatly light dust washes only. And mainly will only use it for rinse on details. Oh ya it said 5 gallons on the total used.

Post Thanks / Like

Gilmore swivel/thumb control

Amazon.com

Post Thanks / Like

not cheap, but this looks (and performs) to be as solid (brass) as they get...

i am the jump starter.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast