autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Most of the post are just regular garden hose Nozzles. Except the one before mine then mine and yours, all showing a 3/8 styly fittings.
    Would you still run with your pressure washer on and max out GPM or just use it with the 5/8" hose and wide open on the water outlet?
    I've never run a garden style nozzle with a 5/8" hose reel. I'm guessing run it with the machine on and just get 4-5 GPM. But does that hurt the machine?
    I wouldn’t run that regency on my pressure washer unless manufacturer said PW safe. And even then I probably wouldn’t because I have a sunny for it.

The Griots I posted just has the mail end on. The other piece (hose) is showing the side you get with it that attaches to your hose.

Just a QUick disconnect for hose.

And I don’t really use a hose for much so I wouldn’t buy any of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I dunno man, I don’t trust shopping at these weird sites I’ve never heard of. I always get the feeling it’s a scam. Lol.

And what the heck is so special about that plain looking nozzle that’s made in China, has zero reviews, no pics of how it even sprays, and the description offers absolutely no information about it? Who would actually buy it??

And I thought this thread was about garden hose nozzles..

I don’t like those fireman nozzles either. I want spray choices. All the fireman can do is 1 bad pattern. I’ve never understood why it’s so popular.
    Regency is the largest manufacturer of restaurant hospitality equipment . I bought my stainless steel shelf for my pressure washer from them for a fifth the price. But my question is how the pressure is gonna work with that style nozzle I guess I’ll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw the Vikan a well known high end brush line use the same one. That’s what started me looking into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Nothing fancy. I just get a metal one with the multiple different spray types from my farm supply or hardware store. I didn't always insist on the metal ones until I broke a couple plastic ones at really inconvenient times.

For several years I used a fireman's style nozzle. I may pick one of those up this Spring.
    I agree the metal guns I like the best go through a few a year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Don’t know if this has been posted. Buy once cry once…. Lifetime Warranty

Finest Water Hose Nozzle & Valve Kit - Griot'''s Garage
    i'd wait until it has some reviews. i hadn't looked at that one but i did look at the "Best in Flow Valve & Finest Nozzle Kit". that one has a pretty high percentage of 1 star reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Don’t know if this has been posted. Buy once cry once…. Lifetime Warranty

Finest Water Hose Nozzle & Valve Kit - Griot'''s Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw these when I visited the Griots store in Tacoma last summer. While the quick disconnect might be nice if your switching compatible nozzles, I didn't see it having any other advantage of the heavy duty metal firemans nozzles I can get at the Farm store for a fraction of the price.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

7. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I dunno man, I don’t trust shopping at these weird sites I’ve never heard of. I always get the feeling it’s a scam. Lol.
    Can't speak for Zoro.com, but Webstaurantstore is legit. They've very much focused on the commercial segment, so buying onesie-twosie you're not gonna get a deal on shipping, but they've been really good to deal with.

Side tangent - The Choice 3 shelf cart is awesome ( Choice Utility / Bussing Cart with Three Shelves - 42" x 20" ), we've bought a couple for at the shop. One we keep loaded with a ton of weight's worth of suspension tools and it rolls around just peachy and is plenty sturdy. I've been meaning to get one for home to cut a bucket hole in the middle shelf and make a detailing cart. (set it up so the top lifts off for when you're washing for bucket access, goes back on when you need a mobile table).

They also have "refuse bins" that hang off the sides of carts like the Griot's (and others I'm sure) detailing carts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Can't speak for Zoro.com, but Webstaurantstore is legit. They've very much focused on the commercial segment, so buying onesie-twosie you're not gonna get a deal on shipping, but they've been really good to deal with.

Side tangent - The Choice 3 shelf cart is awesome ( Choice Utility / Bussing Cart with Three Shelves - 42" x 20" ), we've bought a couple for at the shop. One we keep loaded with a ton of weight's worth of suspension tools and it rolls around just peachy and is plenty sturdy. I've been meaning to get one for home to cut a bucket hole in the middle shelf and make a detailing cart. (set it up so the top lifts off for when you're washing for bucket access, goes back on when you need a mobile table).

They also have "refuse bins" that hang off the sides of carts like the Griot's (and others I'm sure) detailing carts.
    I got the same stainless shelf Obsessed sells for 1/4 the price. That cart is insane for the price!!! Good find MAN!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice-stick-jpg  

10. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i use a small fireman nozzle (with shut-off valve) if i do a bucket wash without the foam gun. since it's all rubber i can drop it (not slamming hard) without worrying about it breaking (or getting wrecked) like you would with other traditional spray gun nozzles. on the final rinse i turn it all the way to the blooming pattern to do the final rinse which sheets the majority of the water off (less to manually dry). been doing this for years with no issues. find what works for you and keep using it...

i am the jump starter.

12. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast