autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice

If you plan on using a foam gun...which I do on occasion...these have served me well. the rubber end comes off and it's threaded underneath

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-I...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I love this topic. Also, pictures would be nice when mentioning your favorite hose nozzle.

I personally use the same Orbit nozzle posted by MisterSnoop. That thing is great and built to last. The only downside is the on/off lever tends to get stiff with age, but when it’s new it just doesn’t get any better IMO.

For wheels, I switch to a classic brass nozzle because it provides a strong stream that’s a bit wider than the jet setting on the nozzle.

And for the final rinse I switch to this hose piece to provide a smooth sheeting rinse.
    Mine started leaking between the rotating nozzle and the body. Maybe it was freezing. I would be installing a quick disconnect for the next one. Mine was corroded (hard water?) and stuck to the hose. Thought I might have to get a new hose. Had to stand on it with a vise grip to get it off.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nozzles are one of those things of which I've never found the perfect one, akin to wives. Not that I haven't had a ton of them. The shutoff is the gripe I have with a Firehose style, I'd rather instant gratification when it comes to water on, water off.

But then again, I've had this nozzle maybe 30 years? And it works, notice my multiple attempts at the on/off quandary. The back yard has a pistol grip that leaks and needs replacing with hopefully an idea I find here

Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice-nozzlegriots-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I have same Orbit nozzle that’s been mentioned before. It’s been less than a year but so far it’s holding up. I live in S. Florida so freezing is not an issue. I am not that picky with nozzles because they tend to last for a long time no matter the brand. Eventually they corrode or get sun damage till the trigger or rotating selector ring stop working. I put plumber’s tape on the threads to make it easier unscrew. I also put on quick connects so I can swap between the nozzle and pressure washer quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

This one looks nice:
    Regency 5 GPM Heavy-Duty Front Trigger Water Gun for Hose Reel

Same one trying to jack up the price!

5 GPM Heavy-Duty Front Trigger Water Gun for Hose Reel

I want the Regency now. Who inj the hell started this thread? You just cost me a $100

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know if this has been posted. Buy once cry once…. Lifetime Warranty

Finest Water Hose Nozzle & Valve Kit - Griot'''s Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like having a trigger. I have a fire hose nozzle and I truly hate it. I'm going to get the regency. That's why they have that at the bottom(GG Model). I'm curious if it has a GPM rating?

After buying the Regency with tax and shipping it comes to $92 But at least I know I'm paying true retail. The Viken is the exact same one as the other shop and there asking $130 & $150 for the same one. I'll post it when it comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Don’t know if this has been posted. Buy once cry once…. Lifetime Warranty

Finest Water Hose Nozzle & Valve Kit - Griot'''s Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most of the post are just regular garden hose Nozzles. Except the one before mine then mine and yours, all showing a 3/8 styly fittings.
    Would you still run with your pressure washer on and max out GPM or just use it with the 5/8" hose and wide open on the water outlet?
    I've never run a garden style nozzle with a 5/8" hose reel. I'm guessing run it with the machine on and just get 4-5 GPM. But does that hurt the machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Current Best Hose Nozzle of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Most of the post are just regular garden hose Nozzles. Except the one before mine then mine and yours, all showing a 3/8 styly fittings.
    Would you still run with your pressure washer on and max out GPM or just use it with the 5/8" hose and wide open on the water outlet?
    I've never run a garden style nozzle with a 5/8" hose reel. I'm guessing run it with the machine on and just get 4-5 GPM. But does that hurt the machine?
    I dunno man, I don’t trust shopping at these weird sites I’ve never heard of. I always get the feeling it’s a scam. Lol.

And what the heck is so special about that plain looking nozzle that’s made in China, has zero reviews, no pics of how it even sprays, and the description offers absolutely no information about it? Who would actually buy it??

And I thought this thread was about garden hose nozzles..

I don’t like those fireman nozzles either. I want spray choices. All the fireman can do is 1 bad pattern. I’ve never understood why it’s so popular.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast