autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I just major ADHD or have you pored a product in a new bottle and didn't label it right away?

I bought all new Kwazar Mercury Pro 0.5 Liters when they were 15% off. I have since been filling them up with the other bottles I had. Only crazy thing is that I would miss place my label machine at times and thought for sure I would remember, what they were when the time came. Now I'm finding myself smelling and looking at the color. And believe it or not even tasting it only to spit it out after! I hope I'm no alone!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I just major ADHD or have you pored a product in a new bottle and didn't label it right away?

Um...no tasting for me! I only got a P-Touch relatively recently--my quick go-to was/is a piece of masking tape and a pen or sharpie.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I just major ADHD or have you pored a product in a new bottle and didn't label it right away?

P touches are great and is ec=xactly what I use. But kept having the labels fall off so last week I bought this Amazon.com
    Its waterproof.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    P touches are great and is exactly what I use. But kept having the labels fall off so last week I bought this (on Amazon)
    Its waterproof.
    I find P-Touch labels stick really well on some kinds of plastic and not on others.

5. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It happens to me quite often unless I’m quick to label. The worst ones are when it happens to gallons of stuff and you have a hard time telling whether it’s a diluted gallon or 1 that’s full strength chemical.

I had a Kwazar bottle filled on my shelf for the longest and up until recently forgot what was in it. I finally remembered that it’s McKee’s APC full strength.

I usually just use a piece of masking tape & Sharpie.

7. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I bought all new Kwazar Mercury Pro 0.5 Liters when they were 15% off. I have since been filling them up with the other bottles I had. Only crazy thing is that I would miss place my label machine at times and thought for sure I would remember, what they were when the time came. Now I'm finding myself smelling and looking at the color. And believe it or not even tasting it only to spit it out after! I hope I'm no alone!
    Been there. Done that.

A couple years ago I got some new spray bottles and loaded one up with Poorboys Bug Squash and another with PoorBoys APC. Normally, Bug Squash is a blue/green and APC is brown-ish. For a while I could easily identify them by color. However, after they sat all winter, the color faded on both to being almost clear and I couldn't tell them apart.

I was actually sitting in one of our cars getting ready to clean the interior when I sprayed some product on a towel and the smell of the product didn't seem right for APC. Since I couldn't tell them apart I dumped them both out, washed the bottles, and mixed up two fresh batches. Followed by taking a Sharpie to the bottles to label them. Fortunately I didn't have much left in either bottle and the stuff is cheap.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually do a P-touch label for spray bottles. Where I often fail is pouring out excess soap/water mixes like Frothe, Griot's Foaming Surface Wash, etc. I put them back into old distilled water gallon jugs. I just dumped a bunch because I forgot what was what and didn't mark them up with a sharpie.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally dumped it out since I couldn't figure it out for the life of me! I tried to see if it had cleaning properties and it didn't. Also had a sweet smell. I finally dumped it and moved on!

Post Thanks / Like

Guilty.

More than one occasion I've mixed something, then gone back to it later scratching my head. Then you smell check it and I'll be danged if it just smells like a plastic bottle (especially in the cheap pump up sprayers).

Also more than once I've mixed up some custom concoction with a lil of this and a lil of that, then later have no recollection of how much of what was in there.

I've got a spot on the shelf where I keep a roll of masking tape and a permanent marker, I don't have enough to justify a printer.

For storing small mixes I keep the 1L bottles from mouthwash - the one I get is a rectangular bottle that makes for efficient storage in a tote.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

For storing small mixes I keep the 1L bottles from mouthwash - the one I get is a rectangular bottle that makes for efficient storage in a tote.
    The small .5L bottles that Carpro products come in are great for repurposing if that size works for you.

I prefer a 12oz. container instead which I fill with Meguiars APC or Glass cleaner concentrate and that’s a near perfect ratio to mix a gallon concentrate @10:1

But those Carpro bottles are too nice to throw away so I have several empty ones laying around. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast