Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
I think a big part of what consumers and many detailers forget is coatings are not force fields. If he's coming back asking how the coating isn't protecting, show him this picture and ask him if being blasted with mud and dirt over time isn't akin to abrading the product off, although more slowly than working with a pad and polisher. It's the constant wearing of the surface by rain, snow, dirt, etc., that's literally wearing down the micron-thick coating. Again, they aren't force fields.

I do PPF, and people with black cars don't realize PPF has a clear coat that needs protection too. It will also get "sandblasted" over time just like the clear coat that came with their car. As do windshields. Think about that.....how hard is glass vs paint and yet it gets sandblasted and abraded when driving? Well, that also applies to coatings.

Drive a Porsche 911 only on sunny, dry days, and that coating will last on those side panels for years in comparison to one that is daily driven.

I hope this helps and adds a bit of context to the topic.
Very true and i agree, many folks think this is a one and done thing. You can not just hose it off and forget about it for how ever many years the person who sold the work to them told them it would last.

Its not gonna last if all the vehicle sees is touchless carwashes.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk