autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best car wash sio2 for maintaining coating?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Not sure what you're asking.

When I was using other soaps, like Optimum Car Wash, I had to do a decon wash with Reset a couple times a year to revive the coating and get the water behavior back to where it should be. As long as I've been using Hyperwash, I just use it in my normal wash routine and never had to use Reset or any other stronger product to keep up the performance of the coating.
    Sorry pal, i think i might have sent that as i was half asleep lol.

I have heard good things about hyperwash but i have never used it.

Yes you answered my question.

I up until now thought that a decon wash involved using high ph,low ph, iron remover then ph neutral soap.

So i was a bit confused when you were saying you used reset only as your decon wash, since its ph neutral.

Even though i rarely ever regular bucket washes, i will have to get a jug and try it out for myself.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Drunk texting ? Best car wash sio2 for maintaining coating?Best car wash sio2 for maintaining coating?Best car wash sio2 for maintaining coating?Best car wash sio2 for maintaining coating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Falling asleep texting lol

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Sorry pal, i think i might have sent that as i was half asleep lol.

I up until now thought that a decon wash involved using high ph,low ph, iron remover then ph neutral soap.

So i was a bit confused when you were saying you used reset only as your decon wash, since its ph neutral.

I was thinking the same thing. Reset is my go to for regular maintenance washes. My decon washes consist of Auto Foam/Touchless, Descale and then Reset.

5. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Reset is my go to for regular maintenance washes. My decon washes consist of Auto Foam/Touchless, Descale and then Reset.
    It was years ago when I last did a "decon" wash. I'm not sure some of the products like Lift, Descale, and other stronger products were around. While Reset may be pH neutral, it's cleaning power was significantly stronger than the Optimum Car Wash, and there was a noticeable difference in a coated car when using Reset. It may but gentle compared to other products out now, but it did the job.

I really liked Reset, but it's way to expensive for me to use as a daily wash product. I can use Hyperwash with the same outcome under my conditions for substantially less.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    It was years ago when I last did a "decon" wash. I'm not sure some of the products like Lift, Descale, and other stronger products were around. While Reset may be pH neutral, it's cleaning power was significantly stronger than the Optimum Car Wash, and there was a noticeable difference in a coated car when using Reset. It may but gentle compared to other products out now, but it did the job.

I really liked Reset, but it's way to expensive for me to use as a daily wash product. I can use Hyperwash with the same outcome under my conditions for substantially less.
    If you're the type of person that will wash on a regular basis using something like Reset you'll probably never need to do a decon wash. I had a customer refer his friend to me so I gave him a free decon wash which proved to be unnecessary. He washed frequently with Reset and G Wash and his coating was beading water like I installed it the day before.

Reset is a bit on the expensive side but I get it for wholesale and considering how little of it I use per wash, it's worth it to me. I've got 2.5 gallons in my garage that will probably last me until I start collecting social security.

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet if used Reset with the way that I wash, I wouldn't be able to make it through a season before needing more. That's why I stick with 3D PInk or Hyper Wash. They last in an extreme wash session.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12