autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List your coating that failed!

Home you have a great bodyshop you work with. It's like finding a good roofer or honest HVAC

I have less than a handful I would use

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Home you have a great bodyshop you work with. It's like finding a good roofer or honest HVAC

I have less than a handful I would use
    Yes he is as honest as I've had over several years. He's been in the same shop for 25+ years and has a smoking reputation.

3. Likes chefwong liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dana hope you are ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    Dana hope you are ok.
    Thanks Bill. Just was backed into when I was at the archery lane last weekend.

6. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

List your coating that failed!

Dr Beasley’s says no panel prep required. Does not say don’t do it. If anything it would just weaken whatever surface primer left behind. Nature of a panel prep.

I believe[mention]The Guz [/mention] has panel wiped with NSP’s before and not heard of him stating it affected coating.

Other than Mike Phillips I’d trust mike G next because I know he’s spent some time with NSP.

But maybe a panel wipe could affect the NSP… don’t think so but I’ve never used. If it would hurt it I would think they would put “Do not” and not required….

I think this would be good to know as I have thought about purchasing NSP line. Message Dr Beasley. Will post what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Just was backed into when I was at the archery lane last weekend.
    You're going to have to explain that to us non-CA people

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Dr Beasley’s says no panel prep required. Does not say don’t do it. If anything it would just weaken whatever surface primer left behind. Nature of a panel prep.

But maybe a panel wipe could affect the NSP… don’t think so but I’ve never used. If it would hurt it I would think they would put “Do not” and not required….

Lets get some opinions regarding the wording on the labels directions.

-“Do not use an IPA wipe after using this product”

-“Follow directly with nano coating”

-“NSP 45 should be used as the last step process before the application of the nanocoatings”

-“NSP 45 utilizes Dr. Beasleys Dr. Prime technology to allow for an optimal bond between paint surfaces and ceramic nanocoatings”

-“This product lays down anchor points and acts as a cross linking agent, allowing for a durable nexus and making it ideal for use for use as the last step before coating application”

In my opinion, based on their own directions on the label, they couldn’t make it any more clear to not interfere and do a panel wipe after using this primer polish.

They specifically tell the user no less than 5 times within 3 short paragraphs right there on the label… Going against the manufacturers directions when they’ve tried that hard to get it through your head is a flat out mistake in my book.

A bottle of beer tells pregnant women not to consume this alcoholic beverage or risk the child having birth defects… Just imagine if 1 beer was so harmful that they had to warn you 5 times on the same label. That would mean it’s pretty damn non advisable, right? Lol.

Well they’re warning you 5 times on the label of Beasleys 45 to not do anything including a panel wipe in between it and applying a coating. How many more times do some people need before they actually listen? Lol. And then they wonder why the coating failed? Cmon man.

Post Thanks / Like

I called them today. But Chicago time I missed them by 30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Lets get some opinions regarding the wording on the labels directions.

-“Do not use an IPA wipe after using this product”

-“Follow directly with nano coating”

-“NSP 45 should be used as the last step process before the application of the nanocoatings”

-“NSP 45 utilizes Dr. Beasleys Dr. Prime technology to allow for an optimal bond between paint surfaces and ceramic nanocoatings”

-“This product lays down anchor points and acts as a cross linking agent, allowing for a durable nexus and making it ideal for use for use as the last step before coating application”

In my opinion, based on their own directions on the label, they couldn’t make it any more clear to not interfere and do a panel wipe after using this primer polish.

They specifically tell the user no less than 5 times within 3 short paragraphs right there on the label… Going against the manufacturers directions when they’ve tried that hard to get it through your head is a flat out mistake in my book.

A bottle of beer tells pregnant women not to consume this alcoholic beverage or risk the child having birth defects… Just imagine if 1 beer was so harmful that they had to warn you 5 times on the same label. That would mean it’s pretty damn non advisable, right? Lol.

Well they’re warning you 5 times on the label of Beasleys 45 to not do anything including a panel wipe in between it and applying a coating. How many more times do some people need before they actually listen? Lol. And then they wonder why the coating failed? Cmon man.

From there website. Again not required… does not mean Do Not…..

So your saying [mention]The Guz [/mention] and [mention]DanaDetailingPros [/mention] got it wrong? I know you’re not a fan of the Guz but he had a lot of experience with this product do you think he would have panel prepped without knowing it was Ok?

Neither of us have experience with this product…We’re just both interpreting what we read.

neither the Instructions or website says it WILL damage or shorten coating life. I’m not saying I’m right We really don’t know.

But as I said I asked Dr Beasley’s and I’ll post what they respond…

Edit: I haven’t seen the video in a while and doesn’t looked like the panel wiped the just used a rinsless. I asked about panel wipe.

I highly doubt a rinseless would change anything

Correct me if I’m wrong [mention]DanaDetailingPros [/mention]

13. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 days and no response from Dr Beasley’s List your coating that failed!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast