autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommended: Interior APC & Quick Detailer

Meguiars APC Problems

"Meguiars D101 has a pH of 13 in concentrate. That is one level below oven cleaner. Diluted 10:1 it has a pH of 11.959. Diluted 50:1 it has a pH of 11.292. It seems a bit too alkaline for interiors"

I'm not saying APC or D101 doesn't have its place, but unless you are dealing with a putrid interior, you can clean just as effectively with a pH neutral cleaner. Even on my daily drivers that I attend to, one them from a heavy smoker, I never require such alkalinity. As for the garage queens, again, its either a interior detailer or simply a damp towel.

Now, if you are a pro detailer tasked with cleaning heavily soiled and neglected interiors, sure, I can see the value in having a heavy duty APC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Meguiars APC Problems

"Meguiars D101 has a pH of 13 in concentrate. That is one level below oven cleaner. Diluted 10:1 it has a pH of 11.959. Diluted 50:1 it has a pH of 11.292. It seems a bit too alkaline for interiors"
    I mean why does that matter if it’s effective and has never caused any sort of damage? I’ll also add that @10:1 it’s never felt like it’s ever been too strong on any surface.

At the same time it’s not a product that I’ll ever use straight undiluted for heavy duty purposes because I’ve never found it to be very effective for that and I also don’t like the strong smell it presents. Overall an unpleasant user experience IMO diluted anything beyond 10:1.

But it’s never felt too strong for any interior duty. If I was left with just 1 product to maintain a vehicles interior for its entire life I’d be my 1st choice.

Even with a gallon of Interior Detailer like Mckee’s Quick Interior on my shelf, I rarely ever use it on any vehicle because while it smells really good it just lacks the needed cleaning power even for normal maintenance wipedowns which is why I make sure to keep 2 bottles of Megs APC ready to go at all times.

1 product that is considered lighter which I do find very effective at cleaning & conditioning is Blackfire Leather Complete. I’ve been meaning to buy some more but have been putting it off simply due to its price.

I like Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer in every way, but some of my clients don’t like the way it smells and that’s the only reason I don’t use it right now.

Darren from Auto Fetish Detail on youtube has been maintaining vehicle interiors almost exclusively with Megs APC for over 20yrs. and he’s stated many times that he’s never seen any adverse effects from using it.

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also: Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner has a PH level 11.5-12.4

I don’t think Meguiars would be producing a dedicated leather cleaner for the past 20+ years in their professional detailer line if it was harmful to use on leather interiors.

https://www.meguiars.lv/public/LIETO...er_Cleaner.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

I like Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer in every way, but some of my clients don’t like the way it smells and that’s the only reason I don’t use it right now.

Darren from Auto Fetish Detail on youtube has been maintaining vehicle interiors almost exclusively with Megs APC for over 20yrs. and he’s stated many times that he’s never seen any adverse effects from using it.
    I quite liked QID for a while there, the scent was fine with me. But for some reason, I've noticed it has a somewhat "sweaty change room" aroma to it, so I could fully understand why people would find it offensive. It does finish down very nicely though.

6. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite liked QID for a while there, the scent was fine with me. But for some reason, I've noticed it has a somewhat "sweaty change room" aroma to it, so I could fully understand why people would find it offensive. It does finish down very nicely though.
    Same here. I like everything about it. To me it smells kinda like vinegar but I got used to it. But like you said I can understand why people might find it somewhat unpleasant.

I might pick up a gallon just for the heck of it since it’s fairly cheap + I already have the 32oz. dispenser bottle for it. There’s a chance the scent isn’t as strong as people have always said it may have been a weird batch back then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Same here. I like everything about it. To me it smells kinda like vinegar but I got used to it. But like you said I can understand why people might find it somewhat unpleasant.

I might pick up a gallon just for the heck of it since it’s fairly cheap + I already have the 32oz. dispenser bottle for it. There’s a chance the scent isn’t as strong as people have always said it may have been a weird batch back then.
    When I first tried QID, I got the retail size bottle and wondered what the fuss was about because I thought it smelt fine. I actually liked it so much that I went and bought the gallon size and continued to enjoy it. I have since noticed that vinegar smell too, considering I'm still using that original gallon and it would be about 3 years old now. I'm wondering if it goes that with age?

Post Thanks / Like

When I first tried QID, I got the retail size bottle and wondered what the fuss was about because I thought it smelt fine. I actually liked it so much that I went and bought the gallon size and continued to enjoy it. I have since noticed that vinegar smell too, considering I'm still using that original gallon and it would be about 3 years old now. I'm wondering if it goes that with age?
    No there has always been a complaint over the gallon smell. Been noted it is different than the OTC.

For Quick interior detailer’s my fave has been Adams Quick interior detailer. Works great. You can tell you applied something but has that new look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    No there has always been a complaint over the gallon smell. Been noted it is different than the OTC.

For Quick interior detailer’s my fave has been Adams Quick interior detailer. Works great. You can tell you applied something but has that new look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I've been using Ethos Interior Detailer a bit recently, which is probably the same formula as the Adam's.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123