autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommended: Interior APC & Quick Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Cls89 View Post
    I appreciate all the feedback. Ok on the topic of APC’s, I’ve heard of P&S Express and that it is one of the safer APC’s to use on a vehicles interior especially when diluted 1:1. I’ve also been looking at an APC by a company called KOCH CHEMO, the product is green star. From what I’ve gathered this product is a great cleaner, but very potent, so interior cleaning would require a 1:20 dilution ratio. Anyone have any experience with this APC? Specifically with interior usage?

KOCHCHEMIE Green Star - Highly Concentrated Universal Cleaner; Phosphate and Solvent Free, Auto Interiors and Exteriors, Engine Cleaning, Commercial and Industrial Use (5 Liters) https://a.co/d/3f7Vg6P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The thing with P&S Express is that it's pH neutral, which limits the chance of turning your interior to chalk with prolonged use.

Green Star is a brilliant product and has been my chosen APC for many years. But it's very alkaline with a pH of 12.5. Even when diluted, you just don't need that on interiors.

For interior cleaning, including fabric, Alcantara, leather, plastic and vinyl, the better choice from KCx would be Pol Star. This is a pH neutral cleaner and can do some serious cleaning..............safely. It's been my bulk leather cleaner for a while now, but as mentioned, is suitable for all interior surfaces.

I will say though, I was told that Koch Chemie like to stay conservative with interior cleaning, and typically suggest using ASC (All-Surface-Cleaner) around buttons, switches ect. ASC is more of an interior detailer and the IPA content helps evaporate moisture/residue away from electronics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I agree with DFB. I might try diluted APC if diluted P&S Xpress or straight P&S Xpress couldn't handle something. Seems like APC is ok on interiors until it isn't. Diluting doesn't lower pH as much as you think it would.
    I see so many Youtubers hosing interiors down with APC, sometimes blasted with steam in the process, and shudder at what could happen. Granted, some of those interiors are filthy, but they are also quite often older interiors with 10-20 years of age on them. You can be sure they won't be showing before and after shots of an interior turned white after using APC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I agree with DFB. I might try diluted APC if diluted P&S Xpress or straight P&S Xpress couldn't handle something. Seems like APC is ok on interiors until it isn't. Diluting doesn't lower pH as much as you think it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I see so many Youtubers hosing interiors down with APC, sometimes blasted with steam in the process, and shudder at what could happen. Granted, some of those interiors are filthy, but they are also quite often older interiors with 10-20 years of age on them. You can be sure they won't be showing before and after shots of an interior turned white after using APC.
    Wonder what Surfex (ph14) diluted 1:100 ph level would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The thing with P&S Express is that it's pH neutral, which limits the chance of turning your interior to chalk with prolonged use.

Green Star is a brilliant product and has been my chosen APC for many years. But it's very alkaline with a pH of 12.5. Even when diluted, you just don't need that on interiors.

For interior cleaning, including fabric, Alcantara, leather, plastic and vinyl, the better choice from KCx would be Pol Star. This is a pH neutral cleaner and can do some serious cleaning..............safely. It's been my bulk leather cleaner for a while now, but as mentioned, is suitable for all interior surfaces.

I will say though, I was told that Koch Chemie like to stay conservative with interior cleaning, and typically suggest using ASC (All-Surface-Cleaner) around buttons, switches ect. ASC is more of an interior detailer and the IPA content helps evaporate moisture/residue away from electronics.

I had a recent 2022 S560 with energy drink spilled from the cup holder which is a know problem on those car with the Alcanta right next to the drink holder.I used Pol Star and it took it off like butter and dried up beautifully

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Wonder what Surfex (ph14) diluted 1:100 ph level would be.
    Looks like Surfex is 13.25 pH. It would be 11.25 pH if diluted 100:1. I built a Google Sheets calculator for dilution pH and PIR.

7. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve cleaned countless interiors with Meguiars APC diluted 10:1 including my own vehicles from carpets, fabric seats, leather seats, baby seats, vinyl dashboards, steering wheels, rubber matts, vents, etc. using brushes, towels, steamer, extractor and I’ve never turned anything white.

Can’t speak for all the other brands as I’ve only tried a few other APC’s and went right back to Megs.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Poorboy's World All Purpose Cleaner from my APC. It's very economical and is sold as a concentrate. You can dilute it different ratios based on the task at hand. I keep two bottles handy. One at the standard ratio and one at the milder ration for more delicate surfaces like leather.

As for the interior quick detailer, I've just started using Nexett Cockpit Premium and I really like it. It's not shiny, but does provide a really nice, rich, like-new finish. The fact it includes some UV protection is nice too. I used to use McKee's Fast Interior Detailer, but their prices have really gone up from when I bought my big bottle a few years ago.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys use if you need to remove something tenacious out...

When my kids were younger, I've used (knowing full well it's PH), but I have use super high PH in the realm PH12 which melts those shoe scuffs off....which melts that stuff right off.
    Then rinsed thoroughly as such.
    Use case scenario I suppose, similar to using Terminator on Tires

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    What do you guys use if you need to remove something tenacious out...

When my kids were younger, I've used (knowing full well it's PH), but I have use super high PH in the realm PH12 which melts those shoe scuffs off....which melts that stuff right off.
    Then rinsed thoroughly as such.
    Use case scenario I suppose, similar to using Terminator on Tires
    Meguiars APC @10:1
    Gentle enough for quick wipedowns, yet capable of removing tough grime all @10:1. I never mix it any stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has got me re-thinking, thinking about my Interior of choice , which is mainly

H20
    Cockpit Premium and CP InnerQD
    I use Cockpit more than CP and it was never on my radar to see how *lite* or not it was on the PH level.
    So it comes out at ph 10 versus CP InnerQD at 6.5/7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast