autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything new or worth considering LSP wise for 2024?

Last year I ran with Cancoat and seemed decent, but using Cure every so often doesnt really prove Cancoat was still "working". All in all, Im happy with what the combo has been doing for me. Ive tried to search, look on Youtube etc but doesnt seem like there is anything from last year I missed or this year to try out come this spring. The forum here seems to be slowly dying sadly and was my go to for the new detailing season, maybe is still a tad too early for the bulk of the users here?

I think ceramics/SiO2's are the way to go for longevity versus liquid sealants/pastes. The sprays we have now like Turtle Wax Seal and Shine, Griots 3 in 1 etc are crazy what they can offer for such an EASY process. Maybe it's worth running something like that this Spring? We all know its hard to NOT spray some kind of protection on the paint every time we wash lol.

The cars were polished last Spring and generally are good to go I think as far as the condition of the paint, so I dont plan on polishing the paint. I'll use Iron-x and a strip wash only. Although Gyeon has came out with a spray that strips sealants, Cancoat etc called Total Remover, and that might be of true consideration...

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on anything to run LSP wise for this Spring?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anything new or worth considering LSP wise for 2024?

I used the combo of NV Lustre and Jet on both our vehicles. On my FJ Cruiser I applied it only to the white roof, as I'd only recently applied Collinite 845 to the silver paint and I didn't feel like removing it. I got about 5 months out of it, but it's parked outside 24/7. The Nissan Qashqai is parked inside most of the time and gets driven 2 or 3 times a week, and is still going strong a few months after application. I can't actually remember when I applied it, I tried looking back through my posts but there were too many, I know I've topped it up with Boost V2, another NV product, a couple of times. I do know that both the Qashqai and the FJs roof looked as good as they ever have after application. And for full disclosure both were polished with Carpro Essence before I applied the combo. Pretty soon, when our weather is more mild, I'll be doing the FJ again, this time including the silver paint as well.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars has 2 new products. And they look to be extremely user friendly too.

Post Thanks / Like

On a recent post, someone asked about the best ceramic spray sealant on the market. Mike G suggested Armour Detail Supply Ceramic Spray Sealant. I tried it, along with the same company's ceramic detail spray called Amplify, and I was very impressed with both products. The Armour Ceramic Sealant provided great gloss and some of the best hydrophobics of an easy to apply spray sealant. And Amplify is a great maintenance spray. Lots of gloss and slickness.

I have tried many ceramic spray sealants over the last 3-4 years and Armour Detail Supply is my new favorite. I should also mention that the company frequently offers discount codes. For example, I posted a brief video review of the ceramic detail spray and they sent me a 20% off coupon. So the cost is reasonable, especially given the high quality of the products.

5. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes opie, DFB, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    On a recent post, someone asked about the best ceramic spray sealant on the market. Mike G suggested Armour Detail Supply Ceramic Spray Sealant. I tried it, along with the same company's ceramic detail spray called Amplify, and I was very impressed with both products. The Armour Ceramic Sealant provided great gloss and some of the best hydrophobics of an easy to apply spray sealant. And Amplify is a great maintenance spray. Lots of gloss and slickness.

I have tried many ceramic spray sealants over the last 3-4 years and Armour Detail Supply is my new favorite. I should also mention that the company frequently offers discount codes. For example, I posted a brief video review of the ceramic detail spray and they sent me a 20% off coupon. So the cost is reasonable, especially given the high quality of the products.
    Mike g also turned me onto armour detail supply last year. Ceramic spray sealant, amplify, adapt, and decon soap are all great products. That is all i use now.

I dont use adapt as a waterless wash per say. I use it post wash on door jams, wheels, and i use it on interior glass, and as a quick wipe on all interior minus leather

I just need ceramic spray sealant to come back in stock!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I will check that out... I'll also check the reviews out, hoping it doesnt streak much if at all. That was one thing that kinda turned me off on Griots 3 in 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Thanks! I will check that out... I'll also check the reviews out, hoping it doesnt streak much if at all. That was one thing that kinda turned me off on Griots 3 in 1.
    I have 2 black vehicles, and after using an entire 16oz bottle of armour detail ceramic sealant, and a multiple bottles of amplify and adapt, i can say that i have had NO streaking problems with ceramic sealant and amplify.

I have however had streaking with adapt on exterior paint surface when used as a waterless wash type product. I have had no issues wheln using it as i described in previous post...wheels door jambs and interior surfaces/ glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I have 2 black vehicles, and after using an entire 16oz bottle of armour detail ceramic sealant, and a multiple bottles of amplify and adapt, i can say that i have had NO streaking problems with ceramic sealant and amplify.

I have however had streaking with adapt on exterior paint surface when used as a waterless wash type product. I have had no issues wheln using it as i described in previous post...wheels door jambs and interior surfaces/ glass.

They are coming out with a V2 of adapt that addresses streaking issues. It's refreshing that a company actually listens to their consumers.

10. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Tech 582 as a detailer with good durability and gloss. I have used Armour Detail Spray Sealant and Amplify and found similar results. Absolutely no streaking from any.
    Problem is there are plenty of these products on the market. The above three seem very good. Expect better durability from the Spray Sealant.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    They are coming out with a V2 of adapt that addresses streaking issues. It's refreshing that a company actually listens to their consumers.
    That is great to hear. Thankyou that bit of info!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast