autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bilt Hamber Distribution

I know the Bilt Hamber brand has some fans here, and that getting these products is a challenge for those who live in the US and Canada.

As I have mentioned in the past, the US market distribution has changed and will soon be the responsibility of Obsessed Garage. I know this is a contentious situation as many take issue with some of his views and approach to retailing. Going from his most recent wash-n-talk, the following is how the brand will be represented in the US and Canada markets -

- Obsessed Garage now has the US and Canada distribution rights for the Bilt Hamber Brand.

- A select range of Bilt Hamber products will be offered in the OG store, namely Touchless, Atom Mac, Traceless and the three clay bars. These will be available soon.

- A separate Bilt Hamber US website will stock the entire range of products, with orders processed and sent out from the OG warehouse. These will be available in the coming 6+ months.

- There are further plans to wholesale the Bilt Hamber range to other detailing suppliers. The plan is to cherry pick retailers who "provide value to the detailing community". This is a longer-term objective.

So for those who have issue "supporting" OG, there will be less direct ways of buying BH products going forward.

If you wish to watch the video, I have provided the link below (BH talk starts from about the 14min mark) -

Wash & Talk on The LZ GT3 Touring (youtube.com)

As for Australia, we have had the Bilt Hamber range freely available for a while now, spread across a select few retailers. I was lucky to have been sent the range to try, some have impressed, others confused. The one getting most use for me is Atom Mac, a rust inhibitor used to prevent rotors from glazing over with rust. I also really appreciate what Surfex can do as a powerful degreaser! I know everyone is mad for Touchless and Autofoam and I appreciate its ability, but I really have no use for it in this climate.

NOTE - I am not posting this as a way of helping OG sell more product, I have no direct link with the company, although I am a follower. I've posted this because I know it's been hard to get these products for those who get great benefit from them, and unless you have followed OG, you may not have known the BH range is coming in an official capacity.

2. Thanks Klasse Act, MisterSnoop thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Distribution

You mean you won't be able to get it from Carzilla anymore??

Post Thanks / Like

I read about this as well. Apparently Matt Moreman is responsible for the new Touchless 1L container and might also have pushed for a more concentrated product which now boasts a 2% panel impact ratio. Pricing will be slightly more than UK pricing, but not ridiculous markup like how The Clean Garage was marking up some BH products 160% but products such as Ferrosol were priced similar to UK pricing.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carzilla still has it on their site. I just bought a product from them. I would imagine they will keep the line.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if the pic is the entirety of the BH line that OG will carry....but conspicuous by its absence is Surfex HD....one of the best products that BH sells.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Not sure if the pic is the entirety of the BH line that OG will carry....but conspicuous by its absence is Surfex HD....one of the best products that BH sells.
    OG will carry the entire lineup eventually, but it will take some time for everything to go live.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    The image I used in the opening post was of my own and not OG's. Surfex was not included in that image as I already had it in rotation and was not sent to me in to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The image I used in the opening post was of my own and not OG's. Surfex was not included in that image as I already had it in rotation and was not sent to me in to try.

Thank you for the clarification

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Still nothing from Obsessed Garage yet. Anyone know when they are expected to carry the product line? Paying $65+ for auto foam from any website ships to the USA is a bit much for a 15 Euro product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbling View Post
    Still nothing from Obsessed Garage yet. Anyone know when they are expected to carry the product line? Paying $65+ for auto foam from any website ships to the USA is a bit much for a 15 Euro product.
    Should be coming soon. They're just hammering out the fine details. Matt stated as soon as the container hits the water he will open the pre order for BH products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast