autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Distribution

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I don't think it will come to that. From what has been said, OG will import, warehouse and distribute Bilt Hamber for sale in the OG store, a dedicated Bilt Hamber USA store, or via wholesale to other detailing supply stores. Only Touchless, Traceless and Atom Mac will be sold out of the OG store, but the rest of the line will eventually be available through the Bilt Hmaber USA web store.
    But to Chilly's point, the Bilt Hamber USA store will be run by OG, so will have the same shipping Chilly is complaining about.

To your point, this kind of arrangement is the same (unless I'm mistaken) with CarPro USA, where Cory (Sky's the Limit) is the master distributor for CarPro in the US, so Bilt Hamber fans shouldn't fret too much. Not sure how this all plays out with Carzilla, which is in Canada, and whether their supply will come from OG or somewhere else.

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    But to Chilly's point, the Bilt Hamber USA store will be run by OG, so will have the same shipping Chilly is complaining about.

To your point, this kind of arrangement is the same (unless I'm mistaken) with CarPro USA, where Cory (Sky's the Limit) is the master distributor for CarPro in the US, so Bilt Hamber fans shouldn't fret too much. Not sure how this all plays out with Carzilla, which is in Canada, and whether their supply will come from OG or somewhere else.
    Even with shipping my order from OG was $8 less than buying from Carzilla. It’s not a huge saving but considering that the product will go twice as far as the previous version, it seems to be somewhat of a value. With most YT reviewers finding that there is only a slight difference in cleaning power between 1% and 2% PIR, a bottle of this may last considerably longer than v1.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Even with shipping my order from OG was $8 less than buying from Carzilla.
    Chilly is in Alaska.

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chilly is in Alaska.
    Here are my shipping options for a single 5 liter jug of BH Touchless from OG

This is my total using the cheapest, slowest method

I would only have to spend another $12 to get to the $80 free shipping threshold for Carzilla and I would be getting an actual product for that $25 in slow boat shipping I would have tossed in the garbage can

Plus Carzilla always ships same day if you order early enough or next day at the latest, and UPS delivers it to my door in 3 days

I always try to plan my purchases to make the free shipping minimum plus they always throw in a nice sample, usually a CarPro product, and the one time I had a product issue they sent me this by UPS next day air

I told them to send it in a envelope by slow mail and they said nope, we are getting it to you ASAP

Free shipping and that level of customer service, plus I forgot you earn points to add towards purchases

Do the math

8. Likes dwaleke, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Here are my shipping options for a single 5 liter jug of BH Touchless from OG

This is my total using the cheapest, slowest method

I would only have to spend another $12 to get to the $80 free shipping threshold for Carzilla and I would be getting an actual product for that $25 in slow boat shipping I would have tossed in the garbage can

Plus Carzilla always ships same day if you order early enough or next day at the latest, and UPS delivers it to my door in 3 days

I always try to plan my purchases to make the free shipping minimum plus they always throw in a nice sample, usually a CarPro product, and the one time I had a product issue they sent me this by UPS next day air

I told them to send it in a envelope by slow mail and they said nope, we are getting it to you ASAP

Free shipping and that level of customer service, plus I forgot you earn points to add towards purchases

Do the math
    Carzilla also has their Black Friday/Christmas sales with like 10% off. So plan right and order then with other products you want - free shipping - and take $ off with any points you have there, and you get prices very hard to beat. And they are solid good guys!

10. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Carzilla also has their Black Friday/Christmas sales with like 10% off. So plan right and order then with other products you want - free shipping - and take $ off with any points you have there, and you get prices very hard to beat. And they are solid good guys!
    And, of course, they actually have the Touchless in stock now, at least in the 1L size.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point I’m curious as to why OG gets so much hate. My experiences with OG is limited to ordering the mounting plate for my hose reel and the two YT videos I’ve watched.

14. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    At this point I’m curious as to why OG gets so much hate. My experiences with OG is limited to ordering the mounting plate for my hose reel and the two YT videos I’ve watched.
    At one time Mr. OG was just a whiny Porsche owner making annoying videos, then he lost his job as a financial consultant (for making whiny YT videos which he was making money on, which breached the fiduciary responsibility requirements for his profession), so he decided to start a web store. The part about him losing his job and why is all public record, you can look it up. I couldn't stand him from the beginning, and therefore haven't watched anything in forever or bought anything from him, so I don't know if he's mellowed over the years.

I'll give him credit for making lemonade out of lemons, but then being an FC in a retirement community is kind of the same thing. You'll excuse me for having a pre-existing bias against the "financial industry", I'm not sure how you can call something an "industry" when it doesn't make anything, except money for the people who are pushing other people's money around.

16. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes Optimus Grime, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At one time Mr. OG was just a whiny Porsche owner making annoying videos, then he lost his job as a financial consultant (for making whiny YT videos which he was making money on, which breached the fiduciary responsibility requirements for his profession), so he decided to start a web store. The part about him losing his job and why is all public record, you can look it up. I couldn't stand him from the beginning, and therefore haven't watched anything in forever or bought anything from him, so I don't know if he's mellowed over the years.

I'll give him credit for making lemonade out of lemons, but then being an FC in a retirement community is kind of the same thing. You'll excuse me for having a pre-existing bias against the "financial industry", I'm not sure how you can call something an "industry" when it doesn't make anything, except money for the people who are pushing other people's money around.
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a swell guy. I wonder what happened to make him the sole distributor of BH as opposed to TCG.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast