autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HIT ME WITH IT.. What would you charge?

Absolutely hammered gloss black GMC
    Two step correction
    Cquartz UK

Just hit me with what you’d bill this for..

Are you @ 1500?

2k?

3k+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes opie, PaulMys, John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How long does that coating last again?

How long does it realistically last on that vehicle parked outside in the hands of an owner that hears “the coating lasts 2yrs” so in turn he bearly ever washes the truck… Maybe once every 2 months if it’s lucky.
    How long is it really lasting? No toppers.

On the other side of the spectrum, how about if that truck gets parked inside a garage every night, and gets a proper wash every 7-10 days without fail.
    How long is it lasting? No toppers.

What did you apply on the tires?

Question: Has the right hand side of this panel been washed & prepped at this point?
    Reason I ask is because the top of the fender in the previous pic has some shine on the paint, which would normally mean that a wash should dramatically improve and clean the paint up. Or?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HIT ME WITH IT.. What would you charge?

Pricing is similar to real estate and depends on location. That job in Michigan will go for much more in California.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How long does that coating last again?

How long does it realistically last on that vehicle parked outside in the hands of an owner that hears “the coating lasts 2yrs” so in turn he bearly ever washes the truck… Maybe once every 2 months if it’s lucky.
    How long is it really lasting? No toppers.

On the other side of the spectrum, how about if that truck gets parked inside a garage every night, and gets a proper wash every 7-10 days without fail.
    How long is it lasting? No toppers.

What did you apply on the tires?

Question: Has the right hand side of this panel been washed & prepped at this point?
    Reason I ask is because the top of the fender in the previous pic has some shine on the paint, which would normally mean that a wash should dramatically improve and clean the paint up. Or?

Thanks for your answer.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to understand the nature of tunnel washed vehicles. Below the door handles all the way to the rockers get pulverized. Above the door handles, they never need two stepped. The brushes that clean the wheels go on spinning and trash the paint how you see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Pricing is similar to real estate and depends on location. That job in Michigan will go for much more in California.
    California isn’t all like a postcard/picture perfect… There’s Del Taco in Beverly Hills, just like in Bel Air, and Skid Row is literally 2 blocks east of Crypto .com arena where the Lakers & Clippers play.

I guess what I’m trying to say is not everyone’s swimming in money. Cost of living is borderline insane and most people are cheap because of it.

A gallon of Kroger Orange Juice now costs $7.50 And that’s the cheapest gallon of OJ you can buy! Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    You need to understand the nature of tunnel washed vehicles. Below the door handles all the way to the rockers get pulverized. Above the door handles, they never need two stepped. The brushes that clean the wheels go on spinning and trash the paint how you see.

So it sounds like that poor truck will likely be hammered in about 3 months time once again? That’s unfortunate. I dunno but poor customer’s bound to have buyers remorse if he paid $1,500+

I thought that was mostly snow/sleet we were looking at.

That’s way worse than what the brush at the coin op could ever do to a vehicle. They leave worse than they came. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I guess what I’m trying to say is not everyone’s swimming in money. Cost of living is borderline insane and most people are cheap because of it.

A gallon of Kroger Orange Juice now costs $7.50 And that’s the cheapest gallon of OJ you can buy! Lol.
    I think this shows the difference all in one post. It isn't a matter of what people are making, but the simply the matter of cost of living. You're labor costs along are going to be much higher than than the OP's before you even get into market conditions and material costs. Regardless of customer, you simply have to charge more.

Considering the damage to the trunk and the fact it's a massive vehicle, I'd probably charge at least $2K, maybe $3K. In my area, which is reasonably low cost but also not a lot of demand for detailing, I've seen one-step polish and ceramic coating jobs quoted at 1K to 1.5K for an average sedan. That monster of a truck is at least twice the work and materials.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d feel that would be $1500 to $2k in PNW… you could prolly find someone to do it for $1000-$1500 during winter when less work available

12. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m right outside of Charlotte, NC. For a 2 step on a vehicle of that size you’d be looking at 2K+. I’m home based so my operational costs are almost non-existent and I wouldn’t do it for less than $1500 so for someone with a shop/van and all the cost associated with that they should charge significantly more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast