autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What’s the deal with Optimum the company?

When I first got into detailing, Optimum was everywhere and had the buzz. I stocked up on Opti-Seal, ONR, polish, spray wax, etc. Of course there is ebb and flow in any industry and I haven’t bought anything in a while. I just looked for OPT products here at Autogeek and there are only a handful of items for sale. And Yvan Lacroix “retired” and started his own company.

What’s going on?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What’s the deal with Optimum the company?

Yvan didn't work at Optimum for that long. He was a user of the products and got into doing some training, and I guess got into steering the direction of the company somewhat when Dr. G had some health issues, but when Dr. G got better, they seem to have parted ways. You'll find there are a lot of brands that are down to "a handful of items" in the Autogeek store, that's unrelated to anything with Optimum; you can buy OPT products direct or at Amazon. At any given time in the history of OPT, there seems to have been a detailer that gets Dr. G's ear and influences things...right now that detailer seems to be "Amazon". As far as "the buzz", there is no one from Optimum that comes on other forums (what's left of other forums) to promote or answer questions about the products. There is an Optimum forum, which is generally about as active as Autopia, which means hardly at all.

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes hooked, Klasse Act, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Setec covered it very well, I didn't even know some of that honestly. That said, I'd check out other brands, things have EXPLODED since they (Optimum) were "a thing".

DIY Detail, if you wanna follow Yvan, is a great company and still growing their products. I haven't been disappointed in a single product and infact, I'm on 2nd bottles at this point

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes hooked, CleanIT, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Setec covered it very well, I didn't even know some of that honestly. That said, I'd check out other brands, things have EXPLODED since they (Optimum) were "a thing".

DIY Detail, if you wanna follow Yvan, is a great company and still growing their products. I haven't been disappointed in a single product and infact, I'm on 2nd bottles at this point

And which 2nd bottles are those?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    And which 2nd bottles are those?
    Interior Ceramic and Interior Clean & Protect. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm on my 2nd bottle of their Rinseless wash & Ceramic Gloss as well.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Thanks Rsurfer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and as far as Yvan "retiring and started his own company", the retirement was a bunch of PR fluff to soften things, and AFAIK DIY Detail was around before Yvan, I'm pretty skeptical of any ownership, I would describe him as being the front man, just like he was the front man for Optimum for a while. Remember, Mike Phillips was a "managing partner" at Autoforge for like a minute and a half, if he was actually an owner they did a record job on turning the paperwork. These titles are just PR mumbo jumbo, IMO.

10. Likes hooked, oneheadlite, Vegas1, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    When I first got into detailing, Optimum was everywhere and had the buzz. I stocked up on Opti-Seal, ONR, polish, spray wax, etc. Of course there is ebb and flow in any industry and I haven’t bought anything in a while. I just looked for OPT products here at Autogeek and there are only a handful of items for sale. And Yvan Lacroix “retired” and started his own company.

What’s going on?
    don't know what's going on with AG/PBMG and their inventory, there has been no response on that or anything in regards to the company. as far as optimum, you'll have to look elsewhere to find their products, in-stock inventory, and new releases across the board. there are plenty of great brands out these days to choose from...
    i am the jump starter.

12. Likes Klasse Act, hooked liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    don't know what's going on with AG/PBMG and their inventory, there has been no response on that or anything in regards to the company.
    I was looking at one of the threads about this from 6-7 months ago, and Poorboy nailed it I think with his answer on the other forum: "Don`t think it`s a big secret they are using a fulfillment company and they changed their business model , limited their line, and moved into offices .. we all are doing what it takes to survive..."

14. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I’ve been watching their YouTube videos and they’re good salesmen. Lol.

I’m planning on buying a new car this year and want to ceramic coat it so DIY Detail is on the short list of the products to use. They made it easy to identify what product does what versus alphabet soup or word association games for product names.

Post Thanks / Like

Yvan is actually part (minority) as is the guy from hawks detail of DiY Detail. We’re given that by the blenders that came up with line.

Believe he was there for launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast