autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Can’t People Follow Directions?

I’m sitting here trying not to go ballistic and calm my nerves. I simply went to the dealership to get my state inspection and specifically said “DO NOT WASH”. I take meticulous care of my car and you’d be hard pressed to find a scratch on it before this evening. My car pulls up and as I walk to it to leave and go about my day I see water drops all over it. The attendant sees the look on my face and assures me that nothing is wrong because they just replaced the foam fingers which is complete BS. Another employee remembers me from before when I did my first coating and said that I spazzed out the last time this happened which I didn’t. I expressed my displeasure in a rather calm manner yet I digress. I leave and as soon as I get home I pull out my detailer’s light to inspect and this is what I found. Take into consideration that my bumper is three weeks old. I just got it out of the body shop after having someone back into me so this is fresh, new paint and now it’s trashed. Now I gotta take my day off and go back and deal with management again. Maybe it’s my fault for going back but how hard is it to simply do my state inspection and return my car to me in the same condition it was brought in?

https://streamable.com/lqr7uh

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Can’t People Follow Directions?

I went through this multiple times and finally got a hanging tag, this time they mentioned it to me..."we noticed the do not wash tag" he says after grabbing the mileage.

My reply: "good, we have that established then"

They think their washes and "details" are a service we should appreciate.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

3. Likes Optimus Grime, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    I went through this multiple times and finally got a hanging tag, this time they mentioned it to me..."we noticed the do not wash tag" he says after grabbing the mileage.

My reply: "good, we have that established then"

They think their washes and "details" are a service we should appreciate.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    I actually have one. I give one to every customer but since it was a simple state inspection I didn’t think it would be necessary. I guess I was wrong.

They even offered to buff out the scratches and I quickly told them that I have my own shop. Their detailing department will never get their hands on my car.

5. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I’m sitting here trying not to go ballistic and calm my nerves. I simply went to the dealership to get my state inspection and specifically said “DO NOT WASH”. I take meticulous care of my car and you’d be hard pressed to find a scratch on it before this evening. My car pulls up and as I walk to it to leave and go about my day I see water drops all over it. The attendant sees the look on my face and assures me that nothing is wrong because they just replaced the foam fingers which is complete BS. Another employee remembers me from before when I did my first coating and said that I spazzed out the last time this happened which I didn’t. I expressed my displeasure in a rather calm manner yet I digress. I leave and as soon as I get home I pull out my detailer’s light to inspect and this is what I found. Take into consideration that my bumper is three weeks old. I just got it out of the body shop after having someone back into me so this is fresh, new paint and now it’s trashed. Now I gotta take my day off and go back and deal with management again. Maybe it’s my fault for going back but how hard is it to simply do my state inspection and return my car to me in the same condition it was brought in?

https://streamable.com/lqr7uh
    Because that Honda paint is soft it will correct easily but that's not important...JUST LISTEN TO THE OWNER, simple

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I've felt that frustration, and anger. I'd put new wheels on one of my cars and it was going in for a service less than a month later. I told the service representative at the counter to write on the paperwork "NEW WHEELS - BE VERY CAREFUL", which he did. When I picked it up 3 of the 4 wheels had chips in the paint around the lug nut holes, and 2 or 3 on each. I was not happy. Then I noticed a scuff on the roof where something had been put on it, then dragged off.

Ended up with half the service techs and reps around the car checking out the damage. The dude that did it was hiding, the service manager asked me in front of everyone if I wanted him fired. It took some self control, but I said no, but give him all the dirtiest, crappiest cars to work on for at least a year, he doesn't touch anything nice till he learns his lesson.

They fixed everything, and I had a loan car for a week while they did it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Because that Honda paint is soft it will correct easily but that's not important...JUST LISTEN TO THE OWNER, simple

Having soft paint is good this time around. My G15 had a slight defect with the cord falling out when in use so I sent it off for a replacement. I still have my G13 for tight spaces but my only 5 inch is my old Ryobi. 3D One and a Uro Fiber pad should be enough to get the job done but I’m still pissed. Looks like this is what I’ll be doing for while my family is away for their break.

Post Thanks / Like

that's why I keep this in the glove box (hang it on the mirror when i exit the vehicle) and also tell the supervisor as well to please not wash the car...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20200520_231649-jpg  
    i am the jump starter.

10. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    that's why I keep this in the glove box (hang it on the mirror when i exit the vehicle) and also tell the supervisor as well to please not wash the car...

It's ironic because I give one to every customer. I just didn't get mine out because I thought that it was a simple state inspection and they would do what I said. The attendant even said that he was going to stamp DO NOT WASH on my info paper to make sure it wasn't but, alas, he did not and here we are.

Post Thanks / Like

I have that hang tag and next time my car sees a mechanic I’m putting it up and I’m going to tape a sign to the air bag. It will be impossible to not get the message to not wash the car

Thank God we don’t have state inspections here but when I lived in NJ we did. I always asked the inspector to be very careful with the car and I used to request I remove the state inspection sticker residue from the windshield before they put a new sticker on. They honored my request and one inspector even asked me for detailing product recommendations. I referred him to Autogeek. Boy am I enjoying no stickers at all on the windshield and no front plate here in FL.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Having soft paint is good this time around. My G15 had a slight defect with the cord falling out when in use so I sent it off for a replacement. I still have my G13 for tight spaces but my only 5 inch is my old Ryobi. 3D One and a Uro Fiber pad should be enough to get the job done but I’m still pissed. Looks like this is what I’ll be doing for while my family is away for their break.
    Keep us posted but have you used that combo of polish/paf before

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast