autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax better than Fuzion?

Heard great things about high gloss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

No offense to anyone who still uses wax only but that's alot of money for a product that's old techWax better than Fuzion?

I still have (and use) Gyeon Q2 Wax and TWHS graphene + ceramic Wax, still enjoy using itWax better than Fuzion?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    No offense to anyone who still uses wax only but that's alot of money for a product that's old techWax better than Fuzion?

I still have (and use) Gyeon Q2 Wax and TWHS graphene + ceramic Wax, still enjoy using itWax better than Fuzion?

I'm guilty. Very guilty. So incredibly guilty I'm fairly sure my life would be at risk if the wife really knew.

BUT...I will say wax has its place for my needs. I can squeeze a lot of durability out of them and they're fun to play with and collect.

I've got two of the PA ones (high gloss & "2013") and most others are from the UK.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

5. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Like most POLISHANGEL stuff, easy to use & nice looks. It’s a synthetic so a bit more longevity/durability than pure carnauba but PA for me has always been about fun, easy to use and good looks.

What I thought after using it in Spring of 2020:

“PolishAngel High Gloss Paste Wax
    For those who want the durability of modern chemistry, with the feel and experience of a high quality paste wax!

PolishAngel High Gloss Paste Wax takes the chemistry of the sprayable PolishAngel High Gloss and molds it into an incredibly easy-to-use paste wax.

High Gloss Paste Wax was designed for those of you who want the feel and look and feel of a traditional carnauba wax, but with more durability and longevity than what typical carnauba paste waxes can offer. As with all PolishAngel products, you will not only get excellent results, but you will enjoy the process while applying it to your car.”

Anyway, gave it a go Sunday on the Cayman, 60 degrees and cloudy…perfect day, no sun. I had used it on my wife’s Winter car about a month ago, an Aegean Blue Metallic Honda Civic, also coated with Kamikaze Miyabi + Zipang. Also gave that a quick maintenance wash Sunday to see how the HG Paste + Cosmic Spritz was doing after some real-world usage on public roads.

No need to go overboard with heavy decon wash on the Cayman so just foamed with Gtechniq Citrus Foam, hosed down w Polish Angel Ultrared, wash with CarPro Reset.

Guessing it`ll sharpen up a bit after 24hrs but already did what I was hoping to do: added a *very* reflective layer of high def gloss. Not as prominent as on Civic as Cayman is more rounded, no real distinct sharp angles to reflect pinpoints of light like Civic.

used a round microfiber applicator pad today, I think it used more product than the round, red foam applicator I used for Civic and didn’t glide on quite as smoothly; think I`ll stick with red foam going forward.

Civic had driven in rain/slush, about 75 miles since initial application. Could see that a little more grime had stuck to lower vertical panels, really only noticeable when giving it initial rinse as water kinda stuck there a bit. Was back to normal after foam/rinse so ya pay a bit of a `self cleaning` tax using HG Paste but nothing too bad. Definitely not a daily driver type wax but figrd that going in. Still way cool and tremendous fun in my book.

The tub I have is kinda a thick liquid wax as opposed to hard paste, spreads thinly and delightfully! My intial thoughts on how many applications ya can get outta tub were likely optimistic but now guessing maybe 7-10, stretching *possibly* to1 or 2 more if ya stick to red, foam applicator. Microfiber applicator was getting pretty saturated while foam was not so soaked.

Surface feels smooth and slick too. This stuff (PA High Gloss Paste) is just nutty. Soooooo reflective. Usually cell phone pics look better than reality but in this case pics can`t capture it. Every rounded corner of a panel was shooting blinding, high def starbursts in the reflected light. Edges and contours seem visually more pronounced and more distinct with regards to reflections…weird, but it is what it is. Rolled edge of rocker panel where it tucks under door was reflecting lights like I’ve not seen before. Kinda like going from High Def television to Ultra High Def television.

Stupidly entertaining to use, it`s just one of those things that`s so fun in both process and results that you (well, me anyway…YMMV) really don`t mind or ponder how ’practical’ it is w respect to dollars and sense (as in `common sense`). Definitely not an everyday wax for your daily driven pickup truck in Buffalo, NY but if you’re looking for that that last little bit of bling/reflectivity this stuff delivers in a easy and fun to use manner. Slathered it on some plastic trim (albeit coated plastic trim) and it left no residue after removing so that’s a plus. Doesn’t have an offensive chemical odor and in fact after using it wife asked why the garage smells like men’s cologne….dunno if that’s good or bad but better than smelling like a toilet mint I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Like most POLISHANGEL stuff, easy to use & nice looks. It’s a synthetic so a bit more longevity/durability than pure carnauba but PA for me has always been about fun, easy to use and good looks.

What I thought after using it in Spring of 2020:

“PolishAngel High Gloss Paste Wax
    For those who want the durability of modern chemistry, with the feel and experience of a high quality paste wax!

PolishAngel High Gloss Paste Wax takes the chemistry of the sprayable PolishAngel High Gloss and molds it into an incredibly easy-to-use paste wax.

High Gloss Paste Wax was designed for those of you who want the feel and look and feel of a traditional carnauba wax, but with more durability and longevity than what typical carnauba paste waxes can offer. As with all PolishAngel products, you will not only get excellent results, but you will enjoy the process while applying it to your car.”

Anyway, gave it a go Sunday on the Cayman, 60 degrees and cloudy…perfect day, no sun. I had used it on my wife’s Winter car about a month ago, an Aegean Blue Metallic Honda Civic, also coated with Kamikaze Miyabi + Zipang. Also gave that a quick maintenance wash Sunday to see how the HG Paste + Cosmic Spritz was doing after some real-world usage on public roads.

No need to go overboard with heavy decon wash on the Cayman so just foamed with Gtechniq Citrus Foam, hosed down w Polish Angel Ultrared, wash with CarPro Reset.

Guessing it`ll sharpen up a bit after 24hrs but already did what I was hoping to do: added a *very* reflective layer of high def gloss. Not as prominent as on Civic as Cayman is more rounded, no real distinct sharp angles to reflect pinpoints of light like Civic.

used a round microfiber applicator pad today, I think it used more product than the round, red foam applicator I used for Civic and didn’t glide on quite as smoothly; think I`ll stick with red foam going forward.

Civic had driven in rain/slush, about 75 miles since initial application. Could see that a little more grime had stuck to lower vertical panels, really only noticeable when giving it initial rinse as water kinda stuck there a bit. Was back to normal after foam/rinse so ya pay a bit of a `self cleaning` tax using HG Paste but nothing too bad. Definitely not a daily driver type wax but figrd that going in. Still way cool and tremendous fun in my book.

The tub I have is kinda a thick liquid wax as opposed to hard paste, spreads thinly and delightfully! My intial thoughts on how many applications ya can get outta tub were likely optimistic but now guessing maybe 7-10, stretching *possibly* to1 or 2 more if ya stick to red, foam applicator. Microfiber applicator was getting pretty saturated while foam was not so soaked.

Surface feels smooth and slick too. This stuff (PA High Gloss Paste) is just nutty. Soooooo reflective. Usually cell phone pics look better than reality but in this case pics can`t capture it. Every rounded corner of a panel was shooting blinding, high def starbursts in the reflected light. Edges and contours seem visually more pronounced and more distinct with regards to reflections…weird, but it is what it is. Rolled edge of rocker panel where it tucks under door was reflecting lights like I’ve not seen before. Kinda like going from High Def television to Ultra High Def television.

Stupidly entertaining to use, it`s just one of those things that`s so fun in both process and results that you (well, me anyway…YMMV) really don`t mind or ponder how ’practical’ it is w respect to dollars and sense (as in `common sense`). Definitely not an everyday wax for your daily driven pickup truck in Buffalo, NY but if you’re looking for that that last little bit of bling/reflectivity this stuff delivers in a easy and fun to use manner. Slathered it on some plastic trim (albeit coated plastic trim) and it left no residue after removing so that’s a plus. Doesn’t have an offensive chemical odor and in fact after using it wife asked why the garage smells like men’s cologne….dunno if that’s good or bad but better than smelling like a toilet mint I guess.

Great write-up. Beautiful result.

I'm convinced BudgetPlan doesn't show up on a thread though until the budget is blown. Wax better than Fuzion?

9. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wax better than Fuzion?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Great write-up. Beautiful result.

I'm convinced BudgetPlan doesn't show up on a thread though until the budget is blown. Wax better than Fuzion?

Wax better than Fuzion? Fortunately ‘employee pricing’ & “Well, I need to actually use it if I’m gonna answer customer inquiries about it” helps to keep the credit card bills down!

Next up is Kami’s Infinity Wax V2; always liked that stuff very much.

I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed waxes; previously had only used Collinite 915, Wolfgang Fuzion, Dodo Purple Haze, Kami Infinity, High Gloss & Pinnacle Souveran.

The look & feel of a wax is just so nice and fun to apply (with the right wax, Collinite 915 was lacking in the ‘fun to apply’ area).

11. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used Fuzion, but I still enjoy using Zymol when I get the opportunity.

I found Concourse to hold up better than their Creame and Carbon offerings.

That being said, I use Creame and Carbon more than anything else I have.

I used to put it over Duragloss 111.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I haven't used Fuzion, but I still enjoy using Zymol when I get the opportunity.

I found Concourse to hold up better than their Creame and Carbon offerings.

That being said, I use Creame and Carbon more than anything else I have.

I used to put it over Duragloss 111.
    Ahhhh Duragloss, my first love when joining AG back in 2012Wax better than Fuzion?Wax better than Fuzion?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you get a free 'refill' of Fuzion? Thought you used to get that...
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, used to but, probably not at the current price of $75 for 8oz jar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast