autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggest me a one-step polish with nothing left behind!

I need a one-step polish for my truck that leaves no oils or fillers behind.

I have a few polishes but not sure if they meet my needs.

1. Griots compound and polish. Yellow bottle red top
    2.megs ultimate compound and polish
    3.megs mf kit with the compound and polish.

I appreciate any help here!
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggest me a one-step polish with nothing left behind!

Poor boys pro polish you will sshhiit your pants on how good that stuff works

Post Thanks / Like

3D One
    M205
    PA Master Compound

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So it seems like you have compounds already...so what are you asking? Are you looking for something less aggressive instead? Or you think the ones you have leave oil or fillers behind? Or you are saying what you have is a 2-step compound and polish, and you only want to do one step? How bad is your paint? Do you need to compound? If you don't then can't you just use one of the polishes you already have?

I'm sure you're going to get a lot of suggestions, if you're looking to do the job of your compound and polish in only one step, the only thing I will mention is Optimum has a new version of their Hyper Compound which is supposed to be very aggressive yet leave a good finish, it says "patent pending" on the label. I haven't used it, but dlc95 who I think is also a member here, reviewed it on the Optimum Forum and called it a "game changer".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So it seems like you have compounds already...so what are you asking? Are you looking for something less aggressive instead? Or you think the ones you have leave oil or fillers behind? Or you are saying what you have is a 2-step compound and polish, and you only want to do one step? How bad is your paint? Do you need to compound? If you don't then can't you just use one of the polishes you already have?

I'm sure you're going to get a lot of suggestions, if you're looking to do the job of your compound and polish in only one step, the only thing I will mention is Optimum has a new version of their Hyper Compound which is supposed to be very aggressive yet leave a good finish, it says "patent pending" on the label. I haven't used it, but dlc95 who I think is also a member here, reviewed it on the Optimum Forum and called it a "game changer".
    Just looking to see if someone can help me locate something with no oils or fillers. My goal is to one step polish in prep for a ceramic coating. Just not sure about what I have. Been out of this a while.
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that Meg's Ultimate stuff is full of oils, not sure about the MF kit, I liked that stuff but I have it buried somewhere and forgot all about it, haven't used it in forever. Someone else will have to chime in on the Griot's because I'm not sure of the vintage of what you have, plus I don't really know anything about their polishes but most (good) products today take into account that they will be followed by a coating. The Optimum polishes also take that into account.

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a One Step by definition is going to have at least a sealant in it. I always liked Blackfire One Step back in the day. Nowadays one step polishing with a ceramic sealant is my number one best selling service.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    I think a One Step by definition is going to have at least a sealant in it. I always liked Blackfire One Step back in the day. Nowadays one step polishing with a ceramic sealant is my number one best selling service.
    Not quite.

A 1-Step typically refers to cutting and finishing in one step, rather than a cutting step and polishing step.

An all-in-one is what your are reffering to, as in it has some polishing ability combined with a sealant left behind.

10. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes KirkH, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Hufnagel View Post
    Just looking to see if someone can help me locate something with no oils or fillers. My goal is to one step polish in prep for a ceramic coating. Just not sure about what I have. Been out of this a while.
    Something you could try, and its approaching this from a different point of view, but you could use a primer polish instead of a residue/filler free product.

Something like Carpro Essence (not Essense Plus) or Gyeon Primer have mild to moderate correction ability, while laying down a layer of Si02 in which your ceramic coating then bonds to. Looking at you signature, I see you are dealing with a Subaru, which would most likely respond well to a primer polish. If you were dealing with a hard German paint, then maybe not aggressive enough.

Having used both Primer and Essence, I much prefer Essence. You can also up the cutting ability with a more aggressive pad if required.

Post Thanks / Like

The important thing is to use a panel prep prior to applying a coating to remove any of the oils. The other thing is to avoid certain products that are heavy in oils such as Menzerna or Ultimate Polish.

DIY Detail gold standard polish is a solid option. Works well and will do what you need. You can use my discount code MIKEGDIY at anytime to order directly from them to save 10% off.

I have been testing Jescar Medium polish and thus far it has been working very well. CarPro Reflect is good but it does not have a lot of cut.

Meguiar's M210 is nice and can be purchased at harbor freight.

CarPro Essence and Gyeon Q2 Primer are nice primers but it is still recommended to do a panel wipe. Not the most cut from either of these as they are more finishing polishes like Reflect.

Dr. Beasley's makes primer polishes that require no panel wipe. They have a slight learning curve but in my experience it is worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast