autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggest me a one-step polish with nothing left behind!

CarPro essence is nice. Griots Boss Creams work well. As mentioned panel wipe after polishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax perfect finish finishes great and has solid cut, too. I know it's old but I personally haven't used anything I enjoyed as much.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Essence is always my go-to before applying a ceramic coating. No oils to speak of and wipe off is as easy as possible.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Zaino AIO. Goes on easy and off even easier. No white residue. Not great cleaning properties but awesome product. my $0.02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Carpro Essence is always my go-to before applying a ceramic coating. No oils to speak of and wipe off is as easy as possible.
    Great to see you here!!!!! I thought you had left us.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The important thing is to use a panel prep prior to applying a coating to remove any of the oils. The other thing is to avoid certain products that are heavy in oils such as Menzerna or Ultimate Polish.

DIY Detail gold standard polish is a solid option. Works well and will do what you need. You can use my discount code MIKEGDIY at anytime to order directly from them to save 10% off.

I have been testing Jescar Medium polish and thus far it has been working very well. CarPro Reflect is good but it does not have a lot of cut.

Meguiar's M210 is nice and can be purchased at harbor freight.

CarPro Essence and Gyeon Q2 Primer are nice primers but it is still recommended to do a panel wipe. Not the most cut from either of these as they are more finishing polishes like Reflect.

Dr. Beasley's makes primer polishes that require no panel wipe. They have a slight learning curve but in my experience it is worth it.
    I actually have m210 that I’ve not opened. So you are saying this would be a good choice it seems?
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Something you could try, and its approaching this from a different point of view, but you could use a primer polish instead of a residue/filler free product.

Something like Carpro Essence (not Essense Plus) or Gyeon Primer have mild to moderate correction ability, while laying down a layer of Si02 in which your ceramic coating then bonds to. Looking at you signature, I see you are dealing with a Subaru, which would most likely respond well to a primer polish. If you were dealing with a hard German paint, then maybe not aggressive enough.

Having used both Primer and Essence, I much prefer Essence. You can also up the cutting ability with a more aggressive pad if required.

I’m seeing carpro essence mentioned a lot. I’ll check it out. Thank you
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100% with The Guz. Dr. Beasley’s NSP line of primers are outstanding! Apply your LSP of choice with no panel wipe required. I’ve applied both Gyeon Mohs evo and Pure evo on top of the primers. Outstanding results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Not quite.

A 1-Step typically refers to cutting and finishing in one step, rather than a cutting step and polishing step.

An all-in-one is what your are reffering to, as in it has some polishing ability combined with a sealant left behind.
    I take it a step further and call polishes with protection "polishing wax", or "cleaner wax"

I had no idea how difficult it would be for people to navigate this topic.

It's to the point that another detailer I know regularly preps with Megs D166, which has a durable sealant in it. He said he uses it because it's a "one step".

It just hurts the brain.

The good news is that I was tasked with writing the standard operating procedure for the shop.l, which will address this once and for all. If he keep up with this practice, he will be terminated.

12. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3D ONE is my go to for polishing, but I actually enjoy the panel wipe process. For dedicated finish polishing I use 3D AAT502 most times.

I like using Optimum Gloss Coat, and I use their panel prep before application. I like the scent it has, and I get an opportunity to inspect the panels before coating.

As far as going right from polishing to coating? Not sure an animal exists outside of a primer polishing, and I'm not famaliar with using them.

14. Likes John U, DFB liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12