autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I thought my carpets were fairly clean…

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I did some service work in a dog food plant years ago. It was the most foul smelling place I've ever been.
    A literal pigpen on a farm has something to say about that.Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Lol.

Btw: $2 bills are actually quite common and still very much in circulation. Easily walk into any bank and ask for a “stack” and they’ll be more than happy to give you 1.
    Yeah, I had tried to post a reply earlier but the forum wasn't cooperating. Apparently the one that was worth a lot of money was a very specific 2003 bill, and I found out, as you noted they ($2 bills) are very common. In the meantime I talked to a friend about it and he pointed out that they aren't popular because there is no slot for them in cash drawers, and most vending machines don't take them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, I had tried to post a reply earlier but the forum wasn't cooperating. Apparently the one that was worth a lot of money was a very specific 2003 bill, and I found out, as you noted they ($2 bills) are very common. In the meantime I talked to a friend about it and he pointed out that they aren't popular because there is no slot for them in cash drawers, and most vending machines don't take them.
    Right on. And most vending machines won’t take them? That’s absurd. Lol.

Btw in regards to my carpet mats pictured in the 1st post: I finally got around to storing them away, all in a large plastic trash bag thinking they were all nice and perfectly clean but when I was struggling to fit them into a tight spot in the garage I noticed a bunch of sand started to fall out of the bag and that’s when I realized that there’s Still a bunch of freakin sand deep in the mats!

Holy crap how much sand can these mats possibly hold?! I had given up repeatedly smacking the heck out of them over a table because it was never ending sand so I took them to the laundromat. When they came out of the washer the rubber backings were coated with sand so I had to rinse the rubber sides in their sink before using the drying machine. Yet there’s still a bunch of sand in them. Outrageous.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the vending machines, don't ask me, I haven't had a $2 bill in....forever.

Someone here or at Autopia used to recommend blowing out the floor mats with compressed air to get the grit out...I think. That was back around the last time I had a $2 bill.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought my carpets were fairly clean…

As far as the vending machines, don't ask me, I haven't had a $2 bill in....forever.

Someone here or at Autopia used to recommend blowing out the floor mats with compressed air to get the grit out...I think. That was back around the last time I had a $2 bill.
    They say the Tornador is supposed to be amazing at getting caked in sand & dirt out of carpets & mats. I would’ve loved to see it try to fully clean these mats because these have to be the craziest mats I’ve ever dealt with in regards to never ending sand/dirt.

If the Tornador could’ve handled this fast from the start I’d be forever sold. Heck if it could finish the job fast from this point I’d be kind of impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

The BEST WAY to remove SAND from Carpets - YouTube

Saw this mentioned on Detailing World if you got a spare backing plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I thought my carpets were fairly clean…

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The BEST WAY to remove SAND from Carpets - YouTube

Saw this mentioned on Detailing World if you got a spare backing plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. I’ve tried that before to no avail.
    We’ve actually discussed that on here before. [oneheadlight and I]
    The weird issue I ran into was that somehow my backing plates won’t stick to the carpets in my Cadillac. Don’t know why but they don’t, so because of that the idea never got off the ground.

[I did hold the polisher down into my carpet in the car and turned it on to see if any sand came up and there wasn’t any noticeable sand in my carpets at that time]

I’ve also heard of using a palm sander but I don’t have 1.
    Portable massager but I don’t have 1 of those either. I thought about buying 1 but the reviews are so spotty that it felt like it might be a waste of money and might fail to even work like many people talk about for the cheapest cost ones.

I thought about somehow employing my cat to beat the sand out of the mats, but cats don’t listen, so that didn’t work.

I wound up using a pair of nylon dustpan brooms to beat the sand out from the backside of the mats while laying them on a table, and while that does work and knocks out a considerable amount of dirt/sand it’s a never ending task that quickly becomes tiring.

Fyi: I have 2 sets of these mats that Im dealing with. The ones that were just inside my car and the set thats been sitting in my backyard for over a year. The ones from the backyard are the ones with never ending sand, the ones from my car don’t have that same amount of sand in them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I thought about somehow employing my cat to beat the sand out of the mats, but cats don’t listen, so that didn’t work.
    Did you try offering the cat a $2 bill?

9. Likes Eldorado2k, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you try offering the cat a $2 bill?
    Hey I hadn’t thought of that. Good idea! Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12