autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installing PPF on Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Can you give us a quick summary as to what you did to remove the creases/folds? Is there anything you can do during application to prevent it from happening in the first place?

I seriously starting to consider this for my BRZ and any lessons-learned would be helpful.
    Yes. What you do per the directions is, spray your fingers with water [distilled for obvious reasons] and then lift up the film at the crease and then sort of fan it or massage it into a wider area about 3-4 times as wide as the crease alone but not too much because you don’t want to physically alter/permanently stretch the film. Once you’ve massaged it into a wider area you quicky hit it with a heat gun or blow dryer [I used heat gun] and then simply take the included squeegee and lay down the film and sure enough it conforms into the desired shape around corners.

I did it on 3 of the 4 corners of this light the bottom was very minor but man it felt good to see it work out just like he says in the video. I wasn’t completely sure it would work because they advise you to do this before driving anywhere because you don’t want to risk getting any dirt underneath the film and I had to drive the previous night but it still worked out.

The reason you wet your fingers is to lubricate and also helps prevent you from marring the film while handing it. There’s a bit of a learning curve but you get the hang of it quick. Only thing is you learn while also realizing that you kinda only get 1 shot at it so part of me felt like I had screwed up and wanted to quit, but the other half said no way I can nail it and I pretty much did.

For the 2nd headlight I’ve got the pre cut film laying underneath a box overnight in order to flatten it out. The way it arrives it wants to roll up into a tube shape and that makes it very challenging to try and line up around a curved headlight while the adhesive is bare naked as you can imagine. I’m hoping the now flat film will be much easier to apply because that was the hardest challenge. But regardless, you can remove and reapply as many times as you need to during initial installation. Everything that dude says in their videos rings true. I give them credit for that because I like when a company knows what the heck their product does.Installing PPF on Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Very helpful, thanks!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Nice! Very helpful, thanks!
    Today’s the last day of their black friday deal 30% off + free shipping. Code cyber

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234