autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CERAKOTE enters the Auto Ceramic Coating Market

There is a video with the Cerakote CEO with a detailer that answers questions as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll have my video soon. I will just say this, the hydrophobic’s after the first wash is rather disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I’ll have my video soon. I will just say this, the hydrophobic’s after the first wash is rather disappointing.
    Maybe contact Cerakote they are very contactable apparently and would want to know what is going on.
    In the video I said in last post the detailer wasn't terribly happy with the coating and contacted Cerakote and they put it right. Now he seems happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was a glass coating then it would be great. If someone likes sheeting then this would be it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If it was a glass coating then it would be great. If someone likes sheeting then this would be it.
    That's what the detailer experienced (sheeting) until contacting Cerakote, he followed what they told him and he said the beading is back and performs.

Post Thanks / Like

Pan and I happened to release videos on the same day. What I want to make clear is that I never said it was a bad coating. This is my video on it. I am not saying to not buy it but go into this with low expectations. Based on the experiences of others it would not surprise me if Cerakote comes up with version 2 fast.

I have one more test to do and it is not a torture test..

It is interesting that we are all in different parts and yet having similar experiences.

Pan's video

Eddie's video:

Soc's video

Post Thanks / Like

CERAKOTE enters the Auto Ceramic Coating Market

Who’s got time to dabble with mediocre results that need to be propped up a certain way in order to achieve desired results? I’m sure there’s points earned for different reasons, but with so many other products and coatings these days how many people really want to have to do extra stuff just for it to work? Hard pass.

Btw everyone needs to start wearing PPE anytime you’re applying any coatings. If you’re not it could very well come back and screw you later. This stuff ain’t no joke. Be safe and live longer.

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, if you need PPE I'm going to continue to stick with sealants thank you very much
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

10. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Gee, if you need PPE I'm going to continue to stick with sealants thank you very much
    I tried to find a post from another forum by a fellow detailer who told me he had a successful life as a full time detailer for 30+ years and just recently “retired”.

He stressed to me more than once to take the proper precautions to protect yourself when you’re handling & breathing these chemicals day in and day out. He told me that he’s currently in the beginning stages of fighting cancer that was brought on from longterm exposure to the products he worked with.

The 1 question I regret not asking him is whether he worked in an enclosed garage or open air, but regardless his point still stands. There’s been times after applying wax/sealants and especially now that I’m trying coatings where they especially feel like they’re way too much to be all over your fingers for that amount of time.

Anything beyond car shampoo isn’t good to be having on your skin or breathing in. Most weekend warriors will be fine, but some of the ones who can be considered “prosumers” should take precautions, because everyone reacts differently and it’s better to be safe than sorry.

If it’s up to me personally, I would never apply a paint coating without some good nitrile gloves [not the cheapo ones] and a proper mask.

12. Thanks John U, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I tried to find a post from another forum by a fellow detailer who told me he had a successful life as a full time detailer for 30+ years and just recently “retired”.

He stressed to me more than once to take the proper precautions to protect yourself when you’re handling & breathing these chemicals day in and day out. He told me that he’s currently in the beginning stages of fighting cancer that was brought on from longterm exposure to the products he worked with.

The 1 question I regret not asking him is whether he worked in an enclosed garage or open air, but regardless his point still stands. There’s been times after applying wax/sealants and especially now that I’m trying coatings where they especially feel like they’re way too much to be all over your fingers for that amount of time.

Anything beyond car shampoo isn’t good to be having on your skin or breathing in. Most weekend warriors will be fine, but some of the ones who can be considered “prosumers” should take precautions, because everyone reacts differently and it’s better to be safe than sorry.

If it’s up to me personally, I would never apply a paint coating without some good nitrile gloves [not the cheapo ones] and a proper mask.
    What masks would you recommend?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast