autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

[NEW] Bissell Little Green HydroSteam Review - Clean w/o Chemicals! - YouTube
    Looks legit!!!
    I have a Mytee finally. But would of pulled the trigger on this if it was out before i had to fork out $1,300.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

A remote with a "Wife Mute Button"

I believe this product would revolutionize the world.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

5. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

I’d like to try a Tornador 1st without having to commit to it just in case I find it overrated. I dunno but something tells me I’d be stubborn and find reasons not to like it.

I’m of the belief that detailing can be accomplished without an air compressor. I’m not against air blowers though.

As far as products I guess I want to try Mows.

I was intrigued with Blackfire Pro Coating Black Edition, until I found out it was more of a “sheeter” than a “beader”… Who the heck wants sheeting? Certainly not me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’d like to try a Tornador 1st without having to commit to it just in case I find it overrated. I dunno but something tells me I’d be stubborn and find reasons not to like it.

I’m of the belief that detailing can be accomplished without an air compressor. I’m not against air blowers though.

I was intrigued with Blackfire Pro Coating Black Edition, until I found out it was more of a “sheeter” than a “beader”… Who the heck wants sheeting? Certainly not me.
    The Tornador has a lot of negatives. It requires a large compressor to provide enough air (5 CFM). The tubes get clogged and must be replaced.

I’d like to see The Rag Company’s version. It’s much cheaper. It doesn’t list how much air it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

8. Likes DanaDetailingPros, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Mine has been a game changer! I did run it on a much smaller compressor at first and it wasn't that big of a deal since you need to wipe down after. But I upgraded to this compressor and it was the best compressor I could find anywhere! It's tiny and puts out over 5 CFM! Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?-s-l1600-jpg
    California Air Tools 1620S Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor - USED 850004451625 | eBay

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    The Tornador has a lot of negatives. It requires a large compressor to provide enough air (5 CFM). The tubes get clogged and must be replaced.

I’d like to see The Rag Company’s version. It’s much cheaper. It doesn’t list how much air it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    In regard to the TRC version, this is at the bottom of the product listing -

"PRO TIP: To get the most out of this tool, we recommend using the Ultra Air blaster with a larger air compressor (minimum of 20 gallons) to ensure you don't run out of compressed air"

On a recent Podcast, TRC mentioned the price reflects not offering replaceable parts or interchangeability. If you look after your tools and don't use on a daily basis, that probably doesn't matter, just something to keep in mind though.

(Said podcast, the opening segment is dedicated to these tools)

I have the basic Tornador, mainly because I don't like the idea of ultra-atomized chemicals in the air. Considering how useful it's been, I'd happy to deal with those potential issues in the future. I typically use it for dealing with sandy floor mats, pad blow outs, engine bays and wheel arch/suspension cleaning.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have the basic Tornador, mainly because I don't like the idea of ultra-atomized chemicals in the air.
    Could you elaborate on this?

Post Thanks / Like

CFM is the important thing, not how big the tank is. A big tank means the compressor doesn't run all the time, so it's not so loud, which is great. But if you don't have enough CFM, it is not powerful enough to spin the tube thing in the nozzle of the Tornador.

15. Likes DFB, vaced liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaced View Post
    Could you elaborate on this?
    I think he's referring to breathing in those chemicals. You DEFINITELY are going to breathe in chemicals with the more powerful Tornador (if you don't wear a respirator mask.)

17. Likes oneheadlite, DFB, vaced liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast