autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

Quote Originally Posted by vaced View Post
    Could you elaborate on this?
    As mentioned, the Tornador's (and similar) with the canister underneath blast chemical/soap to increase the cleaning ability of a regular Tornador. Because of the vapors created by that action, it's highly recommended that a respirator is worn when using APC and other cleaning chemicals in a unit like that. TRC make that clear in the video. I know some detailers simply run water in them and get great results from that without the risk.

Personally, I like how compact the standard Tornador is without the bottle attachment.

2. Thanks vaced thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

Every one of tornadors tools have its place in the detailing world. Each one of them has a learning curve to them, and none of them are a ‘silver bullet’ to any problems you have.

I would be lost without them though. I have a big 240v 60 gal compressor that runs hard with those tools, but it’s the way to go. You’ve got to be able to plow through interior jobs to be profitable.

If you ‘tried’ a tornador for only two minutes or so, you wouldn’t like it. You’ve got to commit to it and learn it. I don’t use any chemicals in my tornador black. It’s disgusting what it emits with APC or anything else. I have found running straight water in it is awesome, like using a mini power washer in the interior.

The velocity vac takes a lot of flak from folks, but again, you’ve got to learn it. It’s bulky, and your hoses will tangle, but if I didn’t have it for wasted soccer mom tahoe jobs, I’d be up a crick.

Tornador has my complete and total endorsement! Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DFB, vaced liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    Every one of tornadors tools have its place in the detailing world. Each one of them has a learning curve to them, and none of them are a ‘silver bullet’ to any problems you have.

I would be lost without them though. I have a big 240v 60 gal compressor that runs hard with those tools, but it’s the way to go. You’ve got to be able to plow through interior jobs to be profitable.

If you ‘tried’ a tornador for only two minutes or so, you wouldn’t like it. You’ve got to commit to it and learn it. I don’t use any chemicals in my tornador black. It’s disgusting what it emits with APC or anything else. I have found running straight water in it is awesome, like using a mini power washer in the interior.

The velocity vac takes a lot of flak from folks, but again, you’ve got to learn it. It’s bulky, and your hoses will tangle, but if I didn’t have it for wasted soccer mom tahoe jobs, I’d be up a crick.

Tornador has my complete and total endorsement! Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?Post any new products on the market you either want our something others would like?

I debated buying the velocity vac but was put off by the bad rap it got. Your considered approach has me thinking about it again. Do you find yourself using it all the time, or just on stubborn carpet and floor mats?

Post Thanks / Like

Considering this thread has focused on Tornador's and the new TRC versions, I'll post this rant here.

The Rag Company launched a range of detailing air tools two weeks ago. These tools are a rival to the Tornador range, with the TRC versions aiming to deliver value for money. Some of that was possible via Chinese manufacturing, some of it by not offering replaceable parts or interchangeability.

I note these tools have arrived in Australia this week......................

Explain to me though how these products are more than double the price in Australia?

The basic gun is $41.95 in the USA but is more 2.4 times the price in Australia at $99.95. The original Tornador equivalent is actually less at $94.10 AUD.

The Plus version with the chemical canister is $54.95 in the USA, $139.95 in Australia, more than 2.5 times the price.

The Spray Applicator is $49.95 USD, compared to $139.95 AUD.

The Engine Blaster sits at $54.95 USD, $139.95 AUD.

Granted, there is currency conversion and shipping costs to account for, but not that much. I should point out this is not The Rag Company's doing, rather the greedy local TRC distributor who I won't buy product from going forward due to past bad experiences and a lack of customer service.

What was a nice, obtainable line of tools has translated into just another collection of over-priced Chinese-made tools masquerading as some sort of premium product. My advice to fellow Aussies, just buy the original Tornador versions instead, at least that is supported with replacement parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    [NEW] Bissell Little Green HydroSteam Review - Clean w/o Chemicals! - YouTube
    Looks legit!!!
    I have a Mytee finally. But would of pulled the trigger on this if it was out before i had to fork out $1,300.
    Really? I always wanted a Mytee but people always had so many problems with them and their customer service sounded so bad...still, hard to imagine you would rather have a consumer grade product rather then a pro-grade. I didn't watch the whole video though, but certainly the earlier LGCM's were not very rugged, mine wound up in the garbage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    A remote with a "Wife Mute Button"

I believe this product would revolutionize the world.
    Perhaps...but those pesky women could retaliate. Reminds me of that old Sam Kinison bit "but honey, all the guys are taking theirs".

9. Likes PaulMys, vaced liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I debated buying the velocity vac but was put off by the bad rap it got. Your considered approach has me thinking about it again. Do you find yourself using it all the time, or just on stubborn carpet and floor mats?
    I use the velocity vac on every interior job.

11. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty geeked for the new Optimum offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

DF just released this screwball brush which is the same as the curveball but with boars hair bristles. if i didn't already have my chalk and wax paint brush (pretty similar and less expensive) i would buy one of these to apply tire dressing. the screwball isn't cheap though, it's around $43...

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all giving my Mytee up! Just posted it to show others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast