autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I tried a new car wash soap

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    The bottle directions are inconsistent. It says 400:1 dilution which is about an ounce per 3 gal and also says an ounce per 5 gal (640:1). Don't think anyone would actually fill a bucket with 5 gal of water tho as there would be no room for suds
    This is probably where I went wrong. I could easily see using about 2oz in my bucket which I usually fill pretty close to the top before making suds. I'm not sure I'd go as lean as 1oz.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very familiar with this Armor All Ceramic soap. Been using for quite some time.

I don't use it as my primary soap. Why? Well, it just doesn't do it for me for lubrication. And of course low sudsing which I care mostly about for knowing where I've wiped with my mitt already. And then there is the must-rinse immediately requirement due to the "ceramic" component that cannot be allowed to dry. I prefer to wash the entire vehicle and not worry about soap drying and then rinse at the end.

So how do I use it? I solely use this as a "wet-coat" topper solution in concentrated form (non-diluted). Its extremely affordable so I don't feel guilty about using a lot of it. I challenge any one to find a comparable spray-n-rinse ceramic that is cheaper. Oh and available locally at most retail stores.

Pour it directly in a spray bottle (non-diluted) and spray to washed wheels (while their wet), let dwell for 15 seconds and then rinse. Enjoy the crazy beading and protection that'll last a few good weeks.

Pour it directly in a foam cannon (non diluted) and foam to a washed vehicle (while still wet), let dwell for 15 seconds and then rinse. Enjoy the crazy beading and protection that'll last a few good weeks.

NOTE: When foaming, be sure to be out of direct sunlight unless you want a headache later (ceramic spots all over). Be sure to fully rinse it off.

Seriously, too many folks sleep on this stuff. More people need to try it the way I've described above.

3. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I'm very familiar with this Armor All Ceramic soap. Been using for quite some time.
    Thanks for the reply. That’s by far the best info I’ve heard anywhere so far. I wouldn’t have even thought to put it in a spray bottle straight undiluted. And to cover the entire car it could be put in a pump sprayer.

I just filled a mini bottle undiluted to use on wheels.

5. Likes evo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That’s by far the best info I’ve heard anywhere so far. I wouldn’t have even thought to put it in a spray bottle straight undiluted. And to cover the entire car it could be put in a pump sprayer.

I just filled a mini bottle undiluted to use on wheels.
    Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention - did you know this is available in a gallon size? Yep. You'll find it on amazon.

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention - did you know this is available in a gallon size? Yep. You'll find it on amazon.
    Yes Sir.I tried a new car wash soap The only reason I bought the smaller bottle was because I was too impatient to wait till the next day for it to arrive. My OCD just had to have it that Saturday night.I tried a new car wash soaplol.

Plus I made the excuse that if I didn’t like it at least I wouldn’t be left with an entire gallon sitting on my shelf collecting dust. [obviously that won’t be a problem]

Now here’s the next question: Have you ever used some of the other spray & rinse products such as Wetcoat, Hydro Blue, Carpro Hydro, Sonax Spray & Seal, Griots Ceramic Wash, etc? If so, how does this compare performance wise to them?

Post Thanks / Like

The Jay Leno ceramic soap at WalMart seems to be the best deal and it produces nice suds with good lubricity. It's now being sold in a larger container.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a new car wash soap

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    The Jay Leno ceramic soap at WalMart seems to be the best deal and it produces nice suds with good lubricity. It's now being sold in a larger container.
    I just watched a video posted by Auto Fanatic on the Jay Leno Ceramic Wash and apparently that soap doesn’t even leave behind hydrophobic properties on its own, so what’s the point? It seems like just an ordinary car shampoo. *yawn*

He says that’s his favorite ceramic car wash soap.

He also says the Armor All Ceramic Wash is “horrible”… Yet the Armor All actually is capable of leaving behind its own hydrophobic layer of protection.I tried a new car wash soap

And that same guy also says Carpro Reset is a “joke”

That guy is a fool… I remember when he started selling his wheel cleaner I commented that there’s no way his product is better than Brown Royal and I forgot what his excuse was but it sure wasn’t memorable or valid, because even he knew better than to try to say it was better than Brown Royal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Now here’s the next question: Have you ever used some of the other spray & rinse products such as Wetcoat, Hydro Blue, Carpro Hydro, Sonax Spray & Seal, Griots Ceramic Wash, etc? If so, how does this compare performance wise to them?
    Yes. Wetcoat, Hydro Blue and Carpro Hydro. And from what I remember from using these (its been a while) is that, sure, they all provided beading but nothing stood out to me. Nothing compelled me to buy more of it. In fact for a while I switched to Nanoskin SuperCharger Touchless sealant because it was far cheaper at under 10 bucks per bottle on amazon. Gave similar quick beading but if I'm being critical, it maybe had a little less punch compared to the others.

There is something about the Armor All stuff that has just a little bit more oomph than all of those. Maybe its due to to the higher concentration when used undiluted. But most importantly...the biggest factor (at least for me) is the PRICE. Its more affordable and works just as good (if not slightly better) than anything else on the market in the "touchless sealant" segment. So why throw money away on boutique brands? That's the way I see it any way.

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Wetcoat, Hydro Blue and Carpro Hydro. And from what I remember from using these (its been a while) is that, sure, they all provided beading but nothing stood out to me. Nothing compelled me to buy more of it. In fact for a while I switched to Nanoskin SuperCharger Touchless sealant because it was far cheaper at under 10 bucks per bottle on amazon. Gave similar quick beading but if I'm being critical, it maybe had a little less punch compared to the others.

There is something about the Armor All stuff that has just a little bit more oomph than all of those. Maybe its due to to the higher concentration when used undiluted. But most importantly...the biggest factor (at least for me) is the PRICE. Its more affordable and works just as good (if not slightly better) than anything else on the market in the "touchless sealant" segment. So why throw money away on boutique brands? That's the way I see it any way.
    I’m really glad I decided to start this thread, because your replies have been a treasure trove of information.

I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to answer all my questions and providing tips I wouldn’t have even thought of. These type of interactions are what makes this forum great.I tried a new car wash soap

14. Thanks evo77 thanked for this post
    Likes evo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Per Armor All: Official dilution ratio for bucket wash is 2oz. per gallon.

So if you’re using 3 gallons of water, add 6oz. of car soap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast