autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I tried a new car wash soap

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I read the thread title, then looked over to see who started it.

When I saw it was you Ric, I immediately said to myself "Well, it ain't HyperWash."

Optimum Car Wash did the same thing to me (suds die quickly). But I still liked it for it's cleaning ability. Smelled good too.

But, I would never buy more of it. Like you, I like to have plenty of suds.

I can finish washing my truck, dry the whole thing, and apply a coat of spray wax before the suds in my bucket of HyperWash completely die off.
    You don't wash the car with the suds so why does it matter?

Post Thanks / Like

How is the cleaning ability with the Armour All? The one thing that consistently makes Hyperwash stand out for me is it's ability to clean. The only soap I've tried which comes close is Carpro Reset and it is supposedly stronger and it's way more expensive. I just opened a jug of 3D Pink based on all the rave reviews from people, and after a couple uses I'm seeing it too might be a step behind Hyperwash. I'll use it up, but may run down to Harbor Freight to pick up another jug of Hyperwash to keep in the rotation.

Funny the discussion on the suds. With both the Optimum and the Hyperwash, I'd get suds for hours with 3oz per bucket. In fact after I washed the last time with hyperwash, there were suds hanging out on my driveway while I was putting everything away. Long after the washing and drying was done. Suds don't do anything for me, but I just happen to notice them when I've got little pockets of sudsy fluff on the drive way or a big gust of wind blows the suds all over me or the car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How is the cleaning ability with the Armour All?
    My car wasn’t too dirty, so I can’t really say yet until I test it on a really dirty vehicle. It felt adequate enough in regards to slickness but then again it should since my protection on the paint was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    You don't wash the car with the suds so why does it matter?
    If a soap lacks suds, it feels like you’re washing with plain water. And usually if a soap lacks suds it also tends to lack lubricity. I can’t think of a soap that’s extraordinary slick yet low sudsing unless it’s a rinseless wash.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny the discussion on the suds. With both the Optimum and the Hyperwash, I'd get suds for hours with 3oz per bucket. In fact after I washed the last time with hyperwash, there were suds hanging out on my driveway while I was putting everything away. Long after the washing and drying was done. Suds don't do anything for me, but I just happen to notice them when I've got little pockets of sudsy fluff on the drive way or a big gust of wind blows the suds all over me or the car.
    Hyperwash bottle says 1 oz per 5 gal. At that concentration, i have to add the soap close to the end of filling or my bucket is all foam. I can't imagine tripling it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Hyperwash bottle says 1 oz per 5 gal. At that concentration, i have to add the soap close to the end of filling or my bucket is all foam. I can't imagine tripling it.
    That’s true, I hadn’t noticed that. 3oz. of Hyperwash seems like way too much. Might prematurely strip lsp at that dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My car wasn’t too dirty, so I can’t really say yet until I test it on a really dirty vehicle. It felt adequate enough in regards to slickness but then again it should since my protection on the paint was strong.
    I typically notice cleaning power when it comes to bugs. I can't drive from my house to the closest main road without getting bug splatters some times, so my car may be fairly clean, but there are always a bug mess to remove. When it's light messes, I notice a good soap will knock them off with no issues. Those with less cleaning ability I have to pull out the bug remover much more often just to clean up a light amount of splatter.

If a soap lacks suds, it feels like you’re washing with plain water. And usually if a soap lacks suds it also tends to lack lubricity. I can’t think of a soap that’s extraordinary slick yet low sudsing unless it’s a rinseless wash.
    Most of the soaps I've used felt pretty slick and made for a pretty slick solution even without giving them a blast of the hose at the end to build up the suds. That's one other thing I've noticed with 3D Pink, it isn't as slick as Optimum or Hyperwash.

Interesting. Oops. When I did the math a couple years ago and a little reading on it when I bought my first jug, I thought it worked out to 2.5oz per 5 gallon bucket. With my pump, it's 2oz per push, so I normally give it one pump and a touch of a second one. Next time around I'll cut way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s true, I hadn’t noticed that. 3oz. of Hyperwash seems like way too much. Might prematurely strip lsp at that dilution.
    I normally use coatings on almost everything, so it won't put a dent in them at all. I have noticed it keeps them fresh like they are newly applied. No need to do a decon wash. Maybe now I know why! Even the few times I've used Wolfgang's SiO2 Paint Sealant I didn't notice any premature degradation of the sealant. It still held up for seven months, so I don't think the soap concentration had much effect there either. I've had other sealants give out faster when using much milder soaps...at their correct ratios....
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I normally use coatings on almost everything, so it won't put a dent in them at all. I have noticed it keeps them fresh like they are newly applied. No need to do a decon wash. Maybe now I know why! Even the few times I've used Wolfgang's SiO2 Paint Sealant I didn't notice any premature degradation of the sealant. It still held up for seven months, so I don't think the soap concentration had much effect there either. I've had other sealants give out faster when using much milder soaps...at their correct ratios....
    Right on. I’ve never actually tested to see if it makes a difference, and even though I don’t measure since it comes out of an HD Speed cap on my bottle, I try to eyeball it to just less than an ounce when I wash my car with Hyperwash. When I’m detailing other people’s vehicles I don’t have to worry and use a little more. At the end of the day, I still go through a gallon of Hyperwash fairly quick. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used this buy have used Griot's ceramic wash & coat, which is a similar product. That also has very minimal suds.
    I watched a couple of videos on that Griots Ceramic Wash and yea, they even state that it’s a low sudsing soap and that it’s sort of inherent with those types of soaps, but that foam cannon video that I linked shows some pretty impressive foam from the Armor All. I’m going to test it @6oz. next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Oops. When I did the math a couple years ago and a little reading on it when I bought my first jug, I thought it worked out to 2.5oz per 5 gallon bucket. With my pump, it's 2oz per push, so I normally give it one pump and a touch of a second one. Next time around I'll cut way back.
    The bottle directions are inconsistent. It says 400:1 dilution which is about an ounce per 3 gal and also says an ounce per 5 gal (640:1). Don't think anyone would actually fill a bucket with 5 gal of water tho as there would be no room for suds.

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The bottle directions are inconsistent. It says 400:1 dilution which is about an ounce per 3 gal and also says an ounce per 5 gal (640:1). Don't think anyone would actually fill a bucket with 5 gal of water tho as there would be no room for suds.
    The reason the directions are wonky like that is because Hyper Wash was initially intended for use in metering systems aka commercial car wash industry. Older bottles of Hyper Wash didn’t even mention dilution ratios for bucket washing.

13. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes MisterSnoop, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast