autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for a vacuum crevice tool attachment w/a soft angled brush on the end

Hello,

Does anyone know of a site that might sell a standard vacuum sized (not shop vac diameter) crevice tool that would have an angled, soft horsehair brush or similar on the end? I don't like using the standard crevice tool on the dash or other hard plastic panels of my car when cleaning them for dust and hair as I'm afraid of scratches,etc. I have a soft round horse hair brush that I can use for most areas, especially vents (though I would like even a softer bristle if there is such a thing), but corners and tight-to-reach areas that need the crevice tool are always a concern--like the front of the dash near the windows which can't be reached with a round head attachment.

I've done some searches on google and amazon and I can't seem to find what i'm looking for. I would definitely appreciate some advice if there is a tool/attachment like this or if there is another way to perform this task.

The closest one I have found to is this dyson attachment, but i'm not a big fan of the brush--I would definitely want something softer w/the brush head more angled closer to the angle of most crevice tools.

Access Denied

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a vacuum crevice tool attachment w/a soft angled brush on the end

so far, i have not found an attachment that would work, but I did find a goat hair brush that can reach into corners and pull out the dust before vacuuming it up.

Burstenhaus Redecker Curved Goat Hair Dust Brush | Boston General Store

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a vacuum crevice tool attachment w/a soft angled brush on the end

Looking for a vacuum crevice tool attachment w/a soft angled brush on the end-crevice_tool_brush_powerglide_lift_off_1611322_bissell_vacuum_cleaner_parts-jpg

That would be useful - all I find is this - for regular vacs

4. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about using a microfiber towel (wrapped around a paint stick if needed) to help get to those hard to reach areas?

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use this for interior details in addition to a 24-28' flexible crevice wand.
    The head attached to the hose in addition to the longer wand head has brushed on it.

Miele Microset | Miele Vacuum Cleaner Tools | BestVacuum.com

These days I'm not as meticulous when it comes to vac.
    I just compressor blow the snot out of the car, vac and then another pass of the compressor to deal with any residual dust that has fallen back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    I used to use this for interior details in addition to a 24-28' flexible crevice wand.
    The head attached to the hose in addition to the longer wand head has brushed on it.

Miele Microset | Miele Vacuum Cleaner Tools | BestVacuum.com

These days I'm not as meticulous when it comes to vac.
    I just compressor blow the snot out of the car, vac and then another pass of the compressor to deal with any residual dust that has fallen back.
    $75 for that? They’re crazy. Lol

8. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are just my most used.
    I have a 1 1/2” hose and cuff. The one that flexes is a 1 1/4 with a 1 1/2” adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

do you have an up close pic of the Miele brush? is it soft?

Post Thanks / Like

It is horsehair. It won't fit a -shop vac- though I suspect - aka, I use this with my Miele vac.

For the dash, if you don't have a compressor on hand, would a mf towel wipe, then a can of compressed air be more efficient than taking a tool like a crevice to do the dash ?
    I never would be using a crevice tool on the dash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    It is horsehair. It won't fit a -shop vac- though I suspect - aka, I use this with my Miele vac.

For the dash, if you don't have a compressor on hand, would a mf towel wipe, then a can of compressed air be more efficient than taking a tool like a crevice to do the dash ?
    I never would be using a crevice tool on the dash
    It’s 35mm? Aka euro vac size?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast