autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

wash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE $350 $450

Lately I have been watching allot of smaller You tubers talk/advertise there wash & clay sealant package! I can't wrap my head around it? And these are NOT NEW CARS! Even on a new car I at least use a light polish like Essence. Then I will apply a ceramic spray of some sort. Lately been really liking the Adam's advanced spray. Easy on and off! But has any of you guys seen theses random detailers lately. They have 3-400 videos and maybe once using a buffer
    My Clay and Seal Package - Tony's Professional Touch - YouTube
    Exterior Detail with a Clay and Seal Package - Top Class Detail - YouTube
    I can understand it if the car is regular maintained after a full enhancement or correction. But this is a common $250 package on cars that have never been previously detailed on most occasions.

2. Dislikes dcjredline disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE $350 $450

Do you think the price is too highwash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE 0 0

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE $350 $450

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Lately I have been watching allot of smaller You tubers talk/advertise there wash & clay sealant package! I can't wrap my head around it? And these are NOT NEW CARS! Even on a new car I at least use a light polish like Essence. Then I will apply a ceramic spray of some sort. Lately been really liking the Adam's advanced spray. Easy on and off! But has any of you guys seen theses random detailers lately. They have 3-400 videos and maybe once using a buffer
    My Clay and Seal Package - Tony's Professional Touch - YouTube
    Exterior Detail with a Clay and Seal Package - Top Class Detail - YouTube
    I can understand it if the car is regular maintained after a full enhancement or correction. But this is a common $250 package on cars that have never been previously detailed on most occasions.
    Taking a short cut in this instance seems funny to me.

No paint correction at all ?!

Flex 3401 & PE14

5. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Dislikes dcjredline disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't understand this approach either but they're satisfying customers.

Remember folks, it isn't what we want, it's what the customers want. I'm happy with 90% of my customer's paying me for what I would do to my car on their's. And it's done right.

If these guys/gals are getting $100-$125 an hour more power to 'em.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post

Remember folks, it isn't what we want, it's what the customers want. I'm happy with 90% of my customer's paying me for what I would do to my car on their's. And it's done right.

If these guys/gals are getting $100-$125 an hour more power to 'em.
    This part. I mostly do coating but sometimes I get people that want a good exterior cleaning with solid protection and don’t want to pay for even a light polish so a wash, clay and seal meets their needs. I also start at $135 which seems like a far cry from the prices the OP is seeing.

I can only speak for my area but I can’t think of anyone that offers this starting at $250, which is criminal in my opinion. For me, $250 is what I charge for an exterior detail with a gloss enhancement but to each his own. If people are willing to pay, more power to them.

8. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like mike p always said, they dont know a difference between a swirl or a squirrl.

That 2nd guy has no method to his clay process. Hes just rubbin that bar every which way. So many things wrong with these hack jobs imo.

They are making a killing half assing it...but most people see clean and shiny, they dont see swirls.

I wonder what they would charge for a paint correction. Me personally, i do try to make more "per hour" doing a paint correction/ceramic coatings than compared to doing more basic exterior/interior details.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

10. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was asked monthes ago what I'd charge to do polish and ceramic coating on an SLK AMG, black and without seeing it. He said the paint was in pretty good shape. Well everyone sees things differently and I said $500. I'd be providing all the products, including the coating (Gyeon Pure EVO) and doing Chem decon/1 step and good tire/wheel cleaning, protecting and dressing, only the best products used here.

Once I sent him the txt he said "he'd get back with me", the 2nd time I heard him say this. This guy has a bottle of "ceramic coating" that he goes around telling people he uses instead of paying hundreds of dollars to have it "ceramic coated"wash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE 0 0

Now last year I washed/clayed/1 stepped his buddy's Volvo 544 and we didn't talk price, he offered me $350 and I said that's too much (he bought lunch) and I gave him $50.00 back, so IMO the charge of $500 wasn't out of line IMOwash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE 0 0wash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE 0 0

Live and learn...oh did I mention he owns 10 cars, 3 are basically DD's.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I was asked monthes ago what I'd charge to do polish and ceramic coating on an SLK AMG, black and without seeing it. He said the paint was in pretty good shape. Well everyone sees things differently and I said $500. I'd be providing all the products, including the coating (Gyeon Pure EVO) and doing Chem decon/1 step and good tire/wheel cleaning, protecting and dressing, only the best products used here.

Once I sent him the txt he said "he'd get back with me", the 2nd time I heard him say this. This guy has a bottle of "ceramic coating" that he goes around telling people he uses instead of paying hundreds of dollars to have it "ceramic coated"wash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE 0 0

Now last year I washed/clayed/1 stepped his buddy's Volvo 544 and we didn't talk price, he offered me $350 and I said that's too much (he bought lunch) and I gave him $50.00 back, so IMO the charge of $500 wasn't out of line IMOwash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE 0 0wash,clay and seal detailers??? NO WONDER PEOPLE FLIPP WHEN YOU TELL THE 0 0

Live and learn...oh did I mention he owns 10 cars, 3 are basically DD's.

500 was not out of line at all, Fair pricing for vehicle size and work performed imo.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    500 was not out of line at all, Fair pricing for vehicle size and work performed imo.

$500 for a 2/3 year coating is a steal. There’s a handful of people around me that would charge $600 but most start and $700 and some even as high as $1200. If someone thinks $500 for a properly done coating is too high they should stick to Auto Bell.

16. Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    $500 for a 2/3 year coating is a steal. There’s a handful of people around me that would charge $600 but most start and $700 and some even as high as $1200. If someone thinks $500 for a properly done coating is too high they should stick to Auto Bell.
    Haha. This is not my day job/career. I will say that in my area i think im fair. Could i charge more? Im sure i could but im happy with what i get for work performed. I feel most places charge way to much for coatings, And upsell them as end all be all. I do not do that. I know everyone that ive done work for. And i tell them maintenace is key. Ive even told a couple ppl that wanted a coating...hey ill take your money but a coating is not for you. They dont hand wash it enough, so its a waste of thier money. I cant in good concious price gouge folks, or take their money when i know its not the right product, especially when i know them.

Im a buck or two more than 5 (depending on size)for a 1 step polish and coating job(mohs evo is my go to), with all the proper steps that go along with it. I dont chase every defect, unless im getting asked to and compensated for it, cuz im about a getting that perfect balance of correction/finish with also preserving the most amount of clear.

Ive even recently told a person or two when it comes to paint corrections,"hey if the vehicle is already clean, itll save you some money". In the end itll save me time too. Cuz i can jump right into a clay after a quick wipe down of the paint. I dont have to pisss around with washing everything, and then making sure its dry and not leaking water in all the cracks and trim pieces.

18. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros, Prange liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast