autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Zep vs simple green

Home Depot locally has simple green all purpose cleaner(green) as well as Zep apc (green)
    sinple green states it is safe for plastics vinyl etc as well as zep. Which one would be the better choice for interiors at let’s say 10:1 dilution?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zep vs simple green

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    Home Depot locally has simple green all purpose cleaner(green) as well as Zep apc (green)
    sinple green states it is safe for plastics vinyl etc as well as zep. Which one would be the better choice for interiors at let’s say 10:1 dilution?
    There are much better interior cleaners out there that are safer and leaves protection behind.

3. Likes Jackismydog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased several zep products and to be honest i am disappoint with all of them. Stick with Simple Green. I also use SG in the ultrasonic cleaner to clean gun parts and anything else that needs cleaning using that method.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

LA's Awesome would probably work, except for leather. Just dilute and test first. And it's cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Awesome all the time around the house just diluted appropriately.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m from Canada those are the 2 readily available in
    Big box stores. Simple green I haven’t used and claims it can dry out damage vinyl/plastics? How’s super clean in this interior department ?

Post Thanks / Like

Most here are going to steer you away from Simple Green or Zep. Some here use Superclean but again most will steer you away. Not worth saving $20 using cheap stuff if it causes damage to your interior.

You have access to one of the best detail products site in Carzilla.

All purpose cleaners that most AG members would approve that are available at CZ

Bilt Hamber Surfex

Koch Chemie Green Star

Optimum power clean.

All great products geared towards auto detailing.

Of all you mentioned if I HAD to pick one it would be Super Clean. Li would watch a ton of video on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB, Jackismydog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    There are much better interior cleaners out there that are safer and leaves protection behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Most here are going to steer you away from Simple Green or Zep. Some here use Superclean but again most will steer you away. Not worth saving $20 using cheap stuff if it causes damage to your interior.

You have access to one of the best detail products site in Carzilla.

All purpose cleaners that most AG members would approve that are available at CZ

Bilt Hamber Surfex

Koch Chemie Green Star

Optimum power clean.

All great products geared towards auto detailing.

Of all you mentioned if I HAD to pick one it would be Super Clean. Li would watch a ton of video on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with both of these posts.

There is no need to use an APC on an interior................unless you are dealing with mud and grease, and even then, the pH neutral interior cleaners will easily deal with both.

P&S Express and KCx Pol Star are both safe, pH balanced interior cleaners that can be used on all interior surfaces. I wouldn't rules out a rinse-less wash either, I frequently use ONR for this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Agree with both of these posts.

There is no need to use an APC on an interior................unless you are dealing with mud and grease, and even then, the pH neutral interior cleaners will easily deal with both.

P&S Express and KCx Pol Star are both safe, pH balanced interior cleaners that can be used on all interior surfaces. I wouldn't rules out a rinse-less wash either, I frequently use ONR for this.

I have tried carpro inside at 2:1 and it did a great job in my eyes but again the ph was around 9. for cleaning rubbers and tires will super clean work just as good as p&s undressed or carpro retyre?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    I have tried carpro inside at 2:1 and it did a great job in my eyes but again the ph was around 9. for cleaning rubbers and tires will super clean work just as good as p&s undressed or carpro retyre?
    I can't comment on Superclean, we don't get that in Australia, however, I have used Undressed and Retyre.

I would say ReTyre is the more aggressive of the two, and due to the cost and amount you use per tyre due to the foaming sprayer, I would reserve it for the occasional deep clean.

Undressed is more economical and can do some good work if needed. It doesn't lather as much as Brake Buster when agitated but is still very effective. I feel like Undressed is a little bit of a sleeper.

Undressed sits at about pH 12.0 -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast