autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zep vs simple green

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I can't comment on Superclean, we don't get that in Australia, however, I have used Undressed and Retyre.

I would say ReTyre is the more aggressive of the two, and due to the cost and amount you use per tyre due to the foaming sprayer, I would reserve it for the occasional deep clean.

Undressed is more economical and can do some good work if needed. It doesn't lather as much as Brake Buster when agitated but is still very effective. I feel like Undressed is a little bit of a sleeper.

Undressed sits at about pH 12.0 -

that's really odd considering there ads sheet for undressed states the ph value is 9 lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Zep vs simple green

I’m not sure what the PH of Mckee’s Fast Interior Detailer is, but as a product I’d say it’s comparable to many of the PH neutral interior cleaners available and while I do have a gallon of it I won’t use it to clean my own vehicles interior because it’s simply too weak of a cleaner.

Now I’m not saying my interior ever gets really dirty, in fact it’s pretty much always clean, but when it’s time to wipe it down I find the mild cleaners to be a step too weak, sort of like when you try to use a polish with a cutting pad, that’s the kind of feeling I get and my interior doesn’t quite feel as clean as it should be afterwards. [Blackfire Leather Complete is 1 exception]

I used Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner @10:1 to clean my interior many times including just a couple of days ago, mainly because I noticed some areas of my seats that I had missed once I moved them all the way forward, but I didn’t hesitate to wipedown the entire interior with APC. I see absolutely no downsides to using it even on a regular basis.

Those of us who’ve used Megs D181 Leather Cleaner can confirm that it’s nearly identical in every way to D101 @10:1 and I’ve never seen anyone cast any doubt on that product.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't use anything made by Zep or Simple Green on the interior of a car.

I've used Zep's degreasers on things like my grill, smoker and even in the engine bays of our cars. It seems to do a pretty good job there, but it isn't a mild by any streatch. I used Simple Green on an interior once, and never again. In the RTU bottle, that stuff removed the white paint off switchgear on my wife's car at the time. Fortunately, I caught it before too much damage had occurred.

From then on I stick to automotive grade APC's I can dilute to different uses. Poorboy's World is my weapon of choice.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes Rsurfer, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I initially used D101 at 10:1 for interior. Even at 10:1, it's still a very high pH. So I switched to P&S Xpress. I would break out the D101 if there was something stubborn but haven't had much need for it.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I wouldn't use anything made by Zep or Simple Green on the interior of a car.
    Neither would I.

I love Simple Green, and I always have a bottle in my shop, and under my kitchen sink.

A couple of years back, I was using SG to clean up my riding mower before it went to sleep for the winter. I sprayed it all over the deck, frame, and engine block.

As I was wiping it down, I noticed it had stripped some of the paint off of the oil filter. (Paint came off on the shop rag I was using.). No way I'd wipe that stuff on any plastics.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Neither would I.

I love Simple Green, and I always have a bottle in my shop, and under my kitchen sink.

A couple of years back, I was using SG to clean up my riding mower before it went to sleep for the winter. I sprayed it all over the deck, frame, and engine block.

As I was wiping it down, I noticed it had stripped some of the paint off of the oil filter. (Paint came off on the shop rag I was using.). No way I'd wipe that stuff on any plastics.

that sounds like a pretty scary sight lol well I guess interior cleaners aren't a cash grab gimmick.... between p&S express interior vs carpro inside which one would be the preferred choice? able to tackle neglected interiors and maintenance interiors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    that sounds like a pretty scary sight lol well I guess interior cleaners aren't a cash grab gimmick.... between p&S express interior vs carpro inside which one would be the preferred choice? able to tackle neglected interiors and maintenance interiors.
    Haven't used either, but Carpro products are solid. P&S stuff seems "gimmicky" to me.

I have used Griot's interior cleaner and Meg's APC (diluted) as Eldo mentioned above. Both do a great job in my opinion.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure about Zep products but I do know that Simple Green is a safe pH neutral cleaner when diluted 10:1. In concentrate, the pH level is about 8.8. When diluted 10:1 it goes down to 7.759 which is safe for the delicate surfaces of interiors.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Haven't used either, but Carpro products are solid. P&S stuff seems "gimmicky" to me.

I have used Griot's interior cleaner and Meg's APC (diluted) as Eldo mentioned above. Both do a great job in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    P&S Xpress is the real deal. Use neat for heavy cleaning and down to 1:3 for just general maintenance.

For $2.70 more you can get a gallon of Xpress compared to 16oz of Inside.

I like the fact that there a manufacturer too.

I have no problem spending dough on quality products (Kamikaze OC vs 5 cost me $90 for 300ml).

Was not a fan of P&S due to Beadmaker hype.

Most the products I’ve used (Absolute, BrakeBuster, Xpress) were best in class for my usage and will stay in rotation.

Dream Maker was nice for what it is (quick short term amp up in gloss) but decided if I’m going to apply something to entire car would just use something more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    P&S Xpress is the real deal. Use neat for heavy cleaning and down to 1:3 for just general maintenance.

For $2.70 more you can get a gallon of Xpress compared to 16oz of Inside.

I like the fact that there a manufacturer too.

I have no problem spending dough on quality products (Kamikaze OC vs 5 cost me $90 for 300ml).

Was not a fan of P&S due to Beadmaker hype.

Most the products I’ve used (Absolute, BrakeBuster, Xpress) were best in class for my usage and will stay in rotation.

Dream Maker was nice for what it is (quick short term amp up in gloss) but decided if I’m going to apply something to entire car would just use something more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As most know, I'm a pretty big product hoar, so I've tried too many products from too many brands. I say that because P&S Express would have to be one of the most surprising products I have ever tried. I bought a small 16oz bottle as an afterthought but the moment I used it, I knew I would be ordering a gallon. I really love how it lathers, how it smells and its ability deep clean or be a simple spray and wipe type product.

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast