autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mainaining ceramic coating. What do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I like using meguiar's hyper wash to maintain any lsp whether its a wax sealant or coating.
    I too use Meguiars Hyperwash...and that's about it. I've got Gyeon coatings on our two most frequently driven vehicles and they are doing so well, I feel no need to top them with anything at all. One thing I've noticed with Hyperwash is I don't feel the need to do a once or twice a year "shocker" wash with Reset. When I used other soaps like Optimum car wash, coatings would start to loose their water behavior and need to be revived with a wash with Reset. I haven't had to do that at all since I've been using Hyperwash. My next jug of soap is 3D Pink. We'll see how well it does.

I'd personally stay away from griots 3 in 1 as a topper since it is a bit on the heavier side and might mask the hydrophobics, but if you're getting good results with it then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Agree with the Griots 3 - 1 too. It's not a good topper, and IMO, not that great of a product in general. The water behavior and durability isn't very good. Putting it on top of a good coating is just hiding a good coating under an inferior spay sealant.

These days, I have a hard time justifying a topper and I rarely use one. I'll dabble with them, but the bottles spend some lonely weeks on the shelf between uses. To be honest, I've struggled to find one that impresses me and offers any improvement over the coating itself. Elixr and Gyeon Ceramic detailer fall into this catagory.

If I'm doing a wash and end up with some waterspots, Ech2O is my go-to as a "topper", but it's also my standard QD spray. It doesn't seem to degrade the coating's properties, looks good, and at a 20:1 ratio is really easy to apply/use.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes SNP209, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mainaining ceramic coating. What do you like?

Reset was my go-to....lately been using Gyeon Foam and really liking it. My wifes Yukon has Jescar Ultra Lock Plus, my Tundra MOHS EVO. Both get topped every other wash with Gyeon Ceramic Detailer. Did a little test with the TWHS Pure Shine Misting Detailer on my daughters Hyundai....and it has held up very well all by itself.

4. Likes DanaDetailingPros, CleanIT liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12